• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Power: NoA a step ahead again; NPC Pikmin 2 to reach the US in June already

Myriadis

3 years is already impressive.
But that still doesn't beat NoE, who needed 13 years to release FFVI in Europe for the GBA and 14 years for Chrono Trigger for the DS.

Myriadis

You can't blame Nintendo for all the third party bungles, too.

But we can blame NoA for not releasing Xenoblade and Pandoras Tower as soon as NoE. Sure. NoE definitely played a role in the FFVI and Chrono Disaster- If NoA and NoJ(?) got these games, then why didn't NOE get them?

DonMigs85

I wonder if they'll be removing or swapping out any of the branded goods in the game.
It was actually thanks to this game that I discovered Underwood Deviled Ham.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
But we can blame NoA for not releasing Xenoblade and Pandoras Tower as soon as NoE. Sure. NoE definitely played a role in the FFVI and Chrono Disaster- If NoA and NoJ(?) got these games, then why didn't NOE get them?
Square owns the rights to those games, and Square brought them to America. Nintendo owns the rights to Xenoblade and The Last Story, and Nintendo of America chose not to pass on both in America (until a combination of bad PR and decent sales in Europe caused them to reconsider).

It's not comparable at all.

3 years is already impressive.
But that still doesn't beat NoE, who needed 13 years to release FFVI in Europe for the GBA and 14 years for Chrono Trigger for the DS.

At least you eventually did get those games, I'm still waiting for my official US release of Terranigma :'(

Myriadis

Square owns the rights to those games, and Square brought them to America. Nintendo owns the rights to Xenoblade and The Last Story, and Nintendo of America chose not to pass on both in America (until a combination of bad PR and decent sales in Europe caused them to reconsider).

It's not comparable at all.
I'd say that NoE could've done something to get these games to Europe. We got Secret Of Mana, but not FFVI and CT? It seems that NoE didn't really care enough about these games back then to get them translated for Europe.
A better example might be Mother 2 (Earthbound), which was also published by Nintendo and never released in Europe.

At least you eventually did get those games, I'm still waiting for my official US release of Terranigma :'(

We are still waiting for Earthbound, Mother 2. In fact, every Earthbound game, you had at least Mother 2. And Sony is even worse for that. There are so many RPGs for the PS2 that were never released in Europe.

CO_Andy

WTF Pikmin 2 is out tomorrow!

Why doesn't Nintendo bother advertising their games at E3 :p

ScreenShot006.png

Somnid

WTF Pikmin 2 is out tomorrow!

Why doesn't Nintendo bother advertising their games at E3 :p

ScreenShot006.png

Maybe a note after the Pikmin 3 presentation: "For those of you waiting in anticipation NPC Pikmin 2 hits next Sunday." But yeah it's going to sell shit just like the other 2 times they released it.

leroidys

I believe all of the Nintendo Selects/New Play Control boxes have reverse cover art but I could be wrong. Someone chime in.

NPC do, but I believe Nintendo Selects do not.

So there are techniques that you can't do in the Wii version with the absence of the c-stick? Should I bother with this one if I have the gamecube version?

stuminus3

You can't blame Nintendo for all the third party bungles, too.
That actually wasn't a third party bungle, the atrocious state of Nintendo sofware in Europe in the late 1980s/early-mid 1990s was completely because of Nintendo. There wasn't even an NoE until 1990-ish and it wasn't anything of worth until the N64 was released. Nintendo had some seriously funny ideas about what would and would not be worth releasing or letting others release, and they were a lot more strict on what 3rd parties could release then (more so than even in the US). "I was there", as they say. This is why FFVII was released on PlayStation in Europe just the same as everywhere else in the world.

leroidys

I wonder if NOA originally passed on this game because of the considerable amount of companies' products in the game? Vlasic, duracell, Sprite, etc.

zigg

I wonder if NOA originally passed on this game because of the considerable amount of companies' products in the game? Vlasic, duracell, Sprite, etc.
Eek, I hope they didn't remove it. It was really charming. Probably the only instance of product placement I would fight for :lol

Yea, I tried to preorder this at gs but they don't even know the game exists. My gs is usually pretty good too... i ordered at amazon about a hour ago. Don't wanna take any chances.

1st time playing it. Played NPC Pikmin late last year and can't wait to play this, and Pikmin 3 soon. Fell in love with this franchise! Too bad 2, and apparantly 3 has no time limit...

Anyone doing a OT for this game? It deserves it! Poor negelected NPC Pikmin 2. I'm just glad we are somehow getting it.

leroidys

Yea, I tried to preorder this at gs but they don't even know the game exists. My gs is usually pretty good too... i ordered at amazon about a hour ago. Don't wanna take any chances.

1st time playing it. Played NPC Pikmin late last year and can't wait to play this, and Pikmin 3 soon. Fell in love with this franchise! Too bad 2, and apparantly 3 has no time limit...

Anyone doing a OT for this game? It deserves it! Poor negelected NPC Pikmin 2. I'm just glad we are somehow getting it.

There is still a time limit every day where you must return to your ship. The counter stops in caves though.

Risgroo

One of the best GC games, everyone should buy this. I actually just completed my replay of the first game, and I'm about to jump into the second again.

Phenomic

Old thread I guess, but I noticed on CAG that at Toys R Us any Wii game ($19.99) has a deal running when you buy two of them you get it for 30 dollars instead of the normal 40 dollar price point. Great way to pick this up tomorrow if you have a buddy doing the same (or if you just want to try and flip one somewhere).

Having not played the second game I figure it's a good time to jump back into it.

Top Bottom