• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Q3 2015 (CY) - Software Sales

smisk

Pretty crazy that Luigi's Mansion 2 seems to have sold more than the first game. Also awesome to see Splatoon doing so well!

redcrayon

Some of their back catalogue sales, presumably still at a fairly high price years after launch, are insane considering how other major titles seem to be in the bargain bin less than a year after launch.

Much as it annoys me as a customer, refusal to devalue their older software (or even put it on sale on a regular basis) must bring in a steady income.

Mael

If it's selling somewhat without bundles.....is NintendoLand a successful new IP (with no asterisks)?
Surpringly so!
It's in the Splatoon- and 3D World-bundles. Those are still on sale, yes?

I don't know but that would mean there's a correlation with WiiU selling, I don't know.

How are people finding brand new copies of these DS/Wii games? Leads me to think how many second hand copies are sold.

Probably not many used copies, heck if the games are still selling at a high price there's probably a demand not being filled with used games (and people are probably not selling their used copies).

Sterok

Happy Home Designer did a little over a million in Japan and less than 150K in the US. That's 800K sales unaccounted for. It must have done really well in Europe.

Mory Dunz

Happy Home Designer did a little over a million in Japan and less than 150K in the US. That's 800K sales unaccounted for. It must have done really well in Europe.

Eff, you're right. For some reason I thought it was close to 1.5m in Japan.

Hm, has AC traditionally been bigger in EU than NA?

Raist

Banned
Now more then x4 polygon predictions, and higher then super circuit

mario_kart_overlapping_line_chart.jpg

To be fair their prediction was for when the WiiU was at 6M sold. But yes, the attach rate is much higher than they predicted.

Mory Dunz

To be fair their prediction was for when the WiiU was at 6M sold. But yes, the attach rate is much higher than they predicted.

I'm not sure there's any "fair". I used to think there was....but not anymore.

Why compare those LTDs with Wii U 2014? If you're going to do a comparison, why not use some sort of alignment or different type of graph?

And how was the attach rate calculated again? I forgot. Was it an average of all the other ones?

Or it was a lot overshipped in west. Hard to believe it would do that much more in EU. Didn't New Leaf sell equally well in Americas as it did in EU?

* Pseudo 3d Mario outselling 2d Mario on 3DS.

* Releasing Smash on 3DS and Wii U will outsell the biggest entry on Wii.

* Wind Waker above a million.

* 3d World outselling Smash due to bundles.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Splatoon over 900k in Japan (retail+digital) and will pass 1 mio. this year according to the info from earlier investor meeting. I hope they still have expansions planned for it, because it can really reach top 3 Wii U games at the end of Wii U's life. What a beast.

Top Bottom