• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Reveals 3DS U.S. Launch Line Up (Pilotwings + Steel Diver!)

Hobbun

It’s hard to say if the “Missions” is part of some campaign mode for Steel Diver. I’ve always liked the campaign, story modes, would be nice if Steel Diver had something like this as well.

wwm0nkey said:
No its based on episodes 1-6

Oh! Hmm, will have to think about this. I have the 'Complete Series' (episodes 1-6) for the PS3. Is it worth it for the 3DS as well? Depends on how much the 3D makes a difference.

Mockingbird said:
The Press Site has new images and fact sheets for both Steel Diver and Pilotwings Resort updated too.

Could you post the pics? Or the username/password so we can see the pics?

Hobbun said:
It’s hard to say if the “Missions” is part of some campaign mode for Steel Diver. I’ve always liked the campaign, story modes, would be nice if Steel Diver had something like this as well.

That's exactly what the mission mode is. I don't know if there's a story to accompany the missions, but it is pretty much what you're thinking.

Kenka

antispin said:
6 games for me! Pilotwings, PES, steel diver, star wars, ridge racer, monkey ball.

Chill. Monkey Ball is nothing exceptional. It looks better than expected visually, but falls short of former entries in the series. That's what I felt from my playthrough. I am a fan of the series it pains me to say so but I feel like I have to warn other aficionados as well.

Hobbun

Nuclear Muffin said:
That's exactly what the mission mode is. I don't know if there's a story to accompany the missions, but it is pretty much what you're thinking.

Good to hear. I think I will give it a shot. Thanks!

wwm0nkey said:
Yeah if it was based on the shitty new animated series I wouldn't have bought it either.

Yeah, but not sure if I should get now as I have the "Complete Series (episodes 1-6) for my PS3. Unless the 3D is that big of a difference.

Both. both. This wasn't part of the plan NOA. Each Nintendo subsidary needs to annoy everyone by missing things out. For instance you could have missed Pilotwings then kepts the balance. Now we have super happy America (inb4 "lol noa sucks never release stuff even release schedules") and annoyed everyone else...

I guess on the flipside Steel Diver impressions, so it can avoided at all vosts in case its terribad.

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
Is $40 going to be the baseline MSRP for 3DS games? This sucks.
Does this mean Gamestop will charge $45 for frist party 3DS titles. Crazy when you think it about it, thats $5 less than Wii. But in a way they're making them more expensive than regular DS which is why they've gone for it.

I'm hoping this is like MSRP £35 GBA titles...they never did drop to £25 of GB/GBC but they didn't stay that way [MSRP £35] for long...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Nuclear Muffin said:
Now for fuck sake, HURRY UP AND PUT THE 3DS PREORDERS UP ALREADY VGPLUS!!!

My thoughts exactly. I've been checking their site every day in case they surreptitiously start pre-orders.

BowieZ

Banned
Empty said:
mario kart 3ds: red
mario kart 3ds: blue
Mario Kart™ + Cars: Chevy Cavalier & New Vehicles
Mario Kart™ + Cars: Aston Martin & New Vehicles
Mario Kart™ + Cars: Rolls-Royce & New Vehicles

Ushojax said:
My thoughts exactly. I've been checking their site every day in case they surreptitiously start pre-orders.

They updated the site last week with a load of 3DS games. Hopefully now that NOA have officially announced the launch day lineup they'll finally start the preorders...

wwm0nkey

Hobbun said:
Yeah, but not sure if I should get now as I have the "Complete Series (episodes 1-6) for my PS3. Unless the 3D is that big of a difference.
Well the only Lego game I have ever played was Indiana Jones, so this should be pretty good.

antispin

Kenka said:
Chill. Monkey Ball is nothing exceptional. It looks better than expected visually, but falls short of former entries in the series. That's what I felt from my playthrough. I am a fan of the series it pains me to say so but I feel like I have to warn other aficionados as well.
I read the stages get more challenging as you progress...

FoneBone

Eating crow, I'd been insisting that they wouldn't release both Pilotwings and Steel Diver on day 1. So much for spacing out their releases, though...

Also, Paper Mario not until 2012?

Effect

This makes it easier to decide between SSFIV and Dead or Alive. I guess I'll pick up DoA at a later date since it won't be there on launch day. No need to preorder it now.

Jikagi

I'll buy Street Fighters at launch, but Pilotwings also looks good.
I also noticed that Paper Mario wasn't in the list for 2011. :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Oh wow, Lego Star Wars looks amazing.

wwm0nkey

FoneBone said:
It is based on the TV series, why on earth would you think otherwise?
I dont know MAYBE it was when the guy said "Play though all six movies"

You know thats a bit more than a hint...

FoneBone

wwm0nkey said:
I dont know MAYBE it was when the guy said "Play though all six movies"

You know thats a bit more than a hint...
No, he says "You've battled through all six movies," referring in the past tense to the previous two games

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
FoneBone said:
How is it not obvious that the Lego footage is from the console games?

Thats what I was thinking.

Vanille

God, Zelda can't come soon enough. Not planning to buy anything at launch.

FoneBone said:
Also, Paper Mario not until 2012?

That's not really a definitive list. Paper Mario could still hit in 2011, although it's extremely unlikely.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
wwm0nkey said:
No its based on episodes 1-6

Why on earth would "Lego Star Wars III - The Clone Wars" be based on something other than the Clone Wars? Especially given that for every non-3DS platform, there's already a game out that covers episodes 1-6

Steel Diver it is! YES!

Other Nintendo 3DS games in the works for 2011 from Nintendo include The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D, Star Fox 64™ 3D, Kid Icarus™: Uprising and new installments in the Mario Kart™ series.
AND ANIMAL CROSSING! Don't make me hold someone hostage, it won't be pretty!

Takao

Banned
BowieZ said:

Oh man, if it were Cars as in the Pixar movie, shit would sell more fucktonnes than Mario Kart already does.

gwarm01

I've been wanting a new Pilot Wings game for years, so I'm sure I'll pick that up. As for the rest of the games.. this is looking like the first year of the DS all over again. Hopefully by the time the holidays get here there will be more good games coming out than anyone could ever hope to play.

BowieZ

Banned
BowieZ said:
lol I inadvertently spelled out C.A.R.

Watching the Pilotwings video makes me think about just how much I miss Sky Odyssey on the PS2. I would kill for some sky Odyssey type missions through crumbling cliffs and in sunken cities. Still, just not feeling Pilotwings, even though I had planned on getting it as my launch game. Probably going to cancel my preorder and just wait a couple of months to get my system, especially since there is a chance I will be spending some time abroad for the next year or two.

Now Starfox near launch would probably have made me change my mind.

BowieZ

Banned
Diomedeskun said:
Watching the Pilotwings video makes me think about just how much I miss Sky Odyssey on the PS2. I would kill for some sky Odyssey type missions through crumbling cliffs and in sunken cities. Still, just not feeling Pilotwings, even though I had planned on getting it as my launch game. Probably going to cancel my preorder and just wait a couple of months to get my system, especially since there is a chance I will be spending some time abroad for the next year or two.

Now Starfox near launch would probably have made me change my mind.
Er, why not just keep the preorder and play Mii/AR games in the meantime, or maybe a DS game or something... if you're going to buy it this year, you might as well buy it at launch (not that shortages are that likely).

BowieZ said:
Er, why not just keep the preorder and play Mii/AR games in the meantime, or maybe a DS game or something... if you're going to buy it this year, you might as well buy it at launch (not that shortages are that likely).
I am actually in the camp that believes shortages are very likely after people see it and word of mouth spreads.

Kusagari

Just SSFIV for me. Nothing else I want until DoA/Kid Icarus/OoT hit. Which is just fine with me. I'll still be playing Pokemon B/W.

Skilletor

What a horrible lineup.

I've got mine preordered. I guess I'll pick it up so that it's not difficult to get when I do want one.

Chairhome

Yes, Pilotwings! I had planned on getting SSFIV, as well, but I might just get Pilotwings depending on my finanances at the time. Steel Diver looks pretty interesting, but only cause of the periscope thing... maybe I haven't seen enough video of it, but it doesn't seem to be as appealing as a lot of people are making it look. I'll probably have to try out the other games (hopefully at PAX!) before I decide if I want them or not. Can't wait!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Steel Diver looks like it was a really intricate little strategy game at one point, then someone decided to nerf the whole thing.

/watches as submarine gets hit by two humongous rocks and nothing happens.

Top Bottom