• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Reveals Release Windows For Several eShop Games

maxcriden

These are from NOA, BTW.

Wii U and 3DS
■Shovel Knight — 31st March
■1001 Spikes — Q1

Wii U eShop

■Wooden Sen'SeY — February
■Ittle Dew — February / March
■Ballpoint Universe — 18th March
■Armillo — 24th March
■Nihilumbra — March
■Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails — March (April was the month indicated by Dakko Dakko earlier today)
■Squids Odyssey — March
■Monkey Pirates — Q1
■Teslagrad — March / April
■QUBE Director's Cut — April
■Assault Android Cactus — Q2

3DS eShop

■Siesta Fiesta — March
■Moon Chronicles — March
■Treasurenauts — May
■Shantae And The Pirate's Curse — Q1

Count me in for Shovel Knight, 1001 Spikes, Teslagrad, and Treasurenauts.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...e_windows_for_a_host_of_promising_eshop_games

69wpm

So many great indie titles coming out in the following months. Now I'm glad Mario Kart is far away :p

maxcriden

So many great indie titles coming out in the following months. Now I'm glad Mario Kart is far away :p

I hope Shovel Knight is a long adventure. I'm really psyched for that one in particular. I better get cracking on that OT long enough in advance!

Majestad

Banned
There are quite a few games that look great, but Shovel Knight in particular looks incredible. That thing is gonna look so good on the 3DS.

Regiruler

So ready for shovel knight: going to be my game of spring for sure.

It's been such a ride so far and the devs are very friendly. As a 75$ backer I'm also getting oodles of stuff with it.
How many of these eshop games for Wii U are exclusives? I know that Unepic was a PC port from 2012, so I'm just curious.
Shovel Knight's Nintendo versions have some exclusive features; the aforementioned miiverse and streetpass.

I also have the notion that the Wii U and 3DS have become lead platforms, which is fine as the PC front is incredibly competitive and Nintendo seems to be promoting it.

CDX

Really excited for Shovel Knight.

Can't decide if I want it for the 3DS or Wii U. But I think I'm leaning towards Wii U .

Hiltz

Well, at least indies have software momentum going on Wii U! I'm probably most interested in Shovel Knight, Scram Kitty and Assault Android Cactus and maybe Teslagrad. Shantae's awesome too, but I need a freaking Wii U and 3DS. It sucks having no money. :(

69wpm

We might see Armillo in EU on the same day as NA:

PEGI submission done. Now gotta start preparing the materials and payment. Going to try our best to do a simul NA/EU release.

Camjo-Z

I've been looking for a non-Monster Hunter excuse to justify my Circle Pad Pro so I'll definitely check out Moon Chronicles.

How many of these eshop games for Wii U are exclusives? I know that Unepic was a PC port from 2012, so I'm just curious.

To me they all feel like exclusive given the Wii U gamepad, even for just Off TV play. IMO indie games have great potential on the Wii U given this feature.

ampere

Interpreted the title as Nintendo porting these to Windows... not sure why I made that jump.

I might check out Ittle Dew because it looks like Zelda or Shantae.

edit: Ittle Dew is Wii U only, nm. Guess I could get it on PC.

Glad to see Ittle Dew get a bigger release - I've enjoyed it on the OUYA for a while. I can see it doing really well on Nintendo platforms, especially a few months after a new overhead Zelda where people have had time to want a bit more of that kind of action.

sakipon

I kinda wish Siesta Fiesta would be available for Wii U, all those colorful levels would look great on TV. But yeah, I bet most people prefer such genres on a handheld.

Brofield

Oh yes, Shovelknight, Teslagrad, Q.U.B.E., Moon Chronicles and Treasurenauts.

I like this a lot. Plus, 90s Arcade Racer sometime this summer!

Great line-up. If Ittle Dew and Shovel Knight don't come to Playstation platforms, I might need to get a cheap Wii U in a year or two. If they can't get decent third party support then pushing indies is a solid strategy on their stead.

maxcriden

At this point I'm wondering if, just a month and a half later, just about any of these dates will turn out to be accurate. :-/

BD1

Banned
Man, I read that as "Nintendo reveals Windows release for several eShop games" and about shit a brick

18-Volt

Ouch at 3DS list. Vita is flooding with indie titles while 3DS only gets games from loyal guys like Renegade kid and Wayforward (Shovel Knight is great too). Absence of Binding of Isaac, FEZ and Hotline Miami 2 is stupid, Nintendo have to pursue indie developers to make games for 3DS just like Sony do.

maxcriden

Ouch at 3DS list. Vita is flooding with indie titles while 3DS only gets games from loyal guys like Renegade kid and Wayforward (Shovel Knight is great too). Absence of Binding of Isaac, FEZ and Hotline Miami 2 is stupid, Nintendo have to pursue indie developers to make games for 3DS just like Sony do.

Binding of Isaac was rebuked for religious content but the creator is still trying to get in on Nintendo systems. FEZ I have no idea about. I'd be shocked to see Hotline Miami make it on to 3DS.

Top Bottom