• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Revolution specs leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rekwest

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000783060047/

1 dual-threaded IBM Custom PowerPC 2.5 GHz core with 256KB of L1 cache, 1MB of L2 cache, and maybe a rumored L3 cache as well.

256MB of 1T-SRAM for an ATI Custom-based RN520 600 MHz GPU that will support up to 2048x1268 resolution, though HD support is still being decided.
512MB of 700 MHz 1T-SRAM for the Revolution’s main memory.

And an extra 32MB just for a Physical Processing Unit (PPU) chip to help the CPU and GPU with the processing load.

Does this mean 1 dual-threaded processor can’t compare to the 360’s 3 faster dual-threaded cores (or the Cell’s 7 SPUs)?

Chittagong

Gold Member
Rekwest said:
http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000783060047/

1 dual-threaded IBM Custom PowerPC 2.5 GHz core with 256KB of L1 cache, 1MB of L2 cache, and maybe a rumored L3 cache as well.

256MB of 1T-SRAM for an ATI Custom-based RN520 600 MHz GPU that will support up to 2048x1268 resolution, though HD support is still being decided.
512MB of 700 MHz 1T-SRAM for the Revolution’s main memory.

And an extra 32MB just for a Physical Processing Unit (PPU) chip to help the CPU and GPU with the processing load.

Does this mean 1 dual-threaded processor can’t compare to the 360’s 3 faster dual-threaded cores (or the Cell’s 7 SPUs)?

Blue bar, third item from left.

Juice

Chittagong said:
Blue bar, third item from left.

That forced me to think for a few seconds.

Sigh.

BTW, now that we know the controller, are the fanbois going to just start a new specs speculation thread every week until we finally know what that is too?

Papi

Juice said:
BTW, now that we know the controller, are the fanbois going to just start a new specs speculation thread every week until we finally know what that is too?
Everyday, perhaps?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i honestly don't give a fuck about the rev's specs, but please nintendo just let people know so they will shut the fuck up about them. please.

shpankey

not an idiot
old.

but anyhow, 800 megs of ram? :lol

600mhz core in that tiny little system? that's overheating nightmare city.

all i can say is... some people are going to be really dissapointed if they believe these specs.

littlewig

Banned
Slurpy said:
I actually heard it had 1.5GB RAM and a 1GHZ GPU Core. Oh, and 8Ghz CPU.

Wrong,

It's 2GB 1TSRAM, 1.4GHZ Hollywood GPU, and a 10GHZ Broadway CPU. Not to mention it comes with a 100GB of flash memory, and will also come with a custom PPU with 512MB of memory dedicated to it.

As you can see, Nintendo really interested in power, it is more concerned with efficient and low power consumption, otherwise they wouldn't be able to fit it all in the small case.

Oh yea, it will retail for $200 and launch with MGS4.

cvxfreak

You know, Nintendo ought to just go and make the thing 4 or 5 DVD cases big if that means getting a more powerful system. :D (probably doesn't but eh)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
littlewig said:
Wrong,

It's 2GB 1TSRAM, 1.4GHZ Hollywood GPU, and a 10GHZ Broadway CPU. Not to mention it comes with a 100GB of flash memory, and will also come with a custom PPU with 512MB of memory dedicated to it.

As you can see, Nintendo really interested in power, it is more concerned with efficient and low power consumption, otherwise they wouldn't be able to fit it all in the small case.

That's a next-next-gen system, possibly a next-next-next gen system if I've ever seen one. :lol

Ruzbeh

Banned
God's Hand said:
Revolution is less powerful than 360 by a wide margin.
Less powerful? That's very much a possibility. Less powerful by a wide margin? No one can tell, not you, not anyone (well maybe Shogmaster).

koam

littlewig said:
Wrong,

next-next gen people are going to complain that those specs aren't good enough.

Ruzbeh said:
Less powerful? That's very much a possibility. Less powerful by a wide margin? No one can tell, not you, not anyone (well maybe Shogmaster).
Retro knows.

Of course when all is said and done and you're playing a game at 480p, I doubt you'll see much of a difference between 360.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
God's Hand said:
Retro knows.

Of course when all is said and done and you're playing a game at 480p, I doubt you'll see much of a difference between 360.

Why would Nintendo use widescreen displays in their controller ad if they dont plan on supporting them? Ill wait for the official word.

Yeah, just aspect ratio. If anyone in the know has developer friends, talk to them about Revolution. Nintendo's still NO on HDTV resolutions.

Your point? You can still do a 16:9 aspect ratio. Aren't there a few current gen games that do this? Hell, Perfect Dark on N64 did it.

God's Hand said:
Retro knows.

So lets see Retro knows, does that mean you know???

New! New! Entirely New! Thanks for posting, I'm so glad we have new specs now. Forget confirmation, it's never going to get much more confirmed than this. Oh and I also heard that the Nintendo On video was real. Who knew?

Ruzbeh

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Ninge said widescreen has nothing to do with HDTV when my contention is it most certainly does as it is part of the standard.
The 16:9 aspect ratio is part of the HDTV stuff, you are correct, yeah.

yoopoo

Banned
Bluemercury said:
So lets see Retro knows, does that mean you know???
Doubt he knows anything.

Btw, he was in the 'I'll believe whatever Jonny Nightrain says' crowed, even after e3 :lol

8bit

Knows the Score
God's Hand said:
Your point? You can still do a 16:9 aspect ratio. Aren't there a few current gen games that do this? Hell, Perfect Dark on N64 did it.

Star Fox Adventures had 16:9, IIRC. Europe had Widescreens TVs since before any HDTV standard was set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom