• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Rumors Regarding Switch 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems easier to post Nintendo Switch 2 (Next Gen) information in here. Regardless if true or not. This thread is just a place for users to post information.

First up, comes something Called the Nintendo Focus. This is from Twitter and Reddit.

$429? For a Nintendo system? In current year? FOH.

At that price they better be offering PS4 Pro/Series S specs in a portable form factor, or have Apple-level build quality and premium finish. Otherwise it is just not worth that price. It'll be a 3DS situation all over again.

Do you mean $399

$399 is already pushing it for a handheld with no OLED, but at least it's a "normal" MSRP price. Unlike $429, which might as well be $449.

4chan > reddit in terms of leaks. I have yet to see a Reddit leak that was, in hindsight, correct. 4chan had several.

Yeah degeneracy aside, 4Chan seems to be more reputable for gaming leaks.

PS2 sold at $129 before $99 but at launch, you're right.
Interesting to know. I started getting involved with prices around 2005 to 2006. I was 10 years old in 2000 so I didn't have a care in the world when it came prices lol. I just wanted to play.

blacktout

Obvious fake leaks like this are a great way to see who engages in critical thinking and who just seeks out narratives that confirm their biases.

Edit: On closer inspection, this is even sloppier than I thought. I assumed they were just using a modded Switch, but all three images appear to be exactly the same screen taken from different angles, so there's a good chance this is just a mockup image they're displaying on their TV and not even a mod, lol.

Last edited:

MrA

there have been a few old ball launch prices over the years, genesis was 190, atari 5200 270, the odyssey 2 was 180

there have been a few old ball launch prices over the years, genesis was 190, atari 5200 270, the odyssey 2 was 180

Yeah but weren't most if not all of them 'underdog' platforms in the market for their time that needed to try pricing as low as possible to attract customers while not being so low to lose heaps of money?

Nintendo is absolutely not in that position and neither is the Switch. They'll target some $x99 or $x49 price point like virtually every other modern video game console does.

Last edited:

Metnut

The $399 price sounds right. Would be hard for them to go higher, but with inflation, no way they are going $299.

After seeing what Nintendo’s amazing studios were able to squeeze out of the Switch, really excited to see what they are able to do with more power.

I don’t mind paying $10 or so to upgrade games like Xenoblade 3 or TOTK from Switch -> Switch 2, but please please give us the option to pay a reasonable upgrade fee. It’d really suck if there’s no upgrade option and only way to play the new versions of these games is to pay full price again.

Last edited:
The $399 price sounds right. Would be hard for them to go higher, but with inflation, no way they are going $299.

After seeing what Nintendo’s amazing studios were able to squeeze out of the Switch, really excited to see what they are able to do with more power.

I don’t mind paying $10 or so to upgrade games like Xenoblade 3 or TOTK from Switch -> Switch 2, but please please give us the option to pay a reasonable upgrade fee. It’d really suck if there’s no upgrade option and only way to play the new versions of these games is to pay full price again.

I think Nintendo are going to be forced to allow an upgrade path via a fee simply because they stand getting chewed up by the press if they don't. Sony had to buckle and keep their promise on the HFW upgrade for PS5 (IIRC, it was they wanted to do the $10 charge but originally promised it would be free); MS basically have one SKU of their games for all platforms (although PC players pay less).

Assuming the Switch 2 will be 100% BC with the original, there's zero reason outside of greed for Nintendo to not offer a $10 upgrade path for Switch games that get some bonus bells & whistles on their Switch 2 versions.

MrA

Yeah but weren't most if not all of them 'underdog' platforms in the market for their time that needed to try pricing as low as possible to attract customers while not being so low to lose heaps of money?

Nintendo is absolutely not in that position and neither is the Switch. They'll target some $x99 or $x49 price point like virtually every other modern video game console does.
I was just looking for an excuse to bring up odd gaming facts, did you know the apf m 1000 was designed by a pair of brothers from Brooklyn and was made of off the shelf components ? Why with just the bios chip you could build your own!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom