• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo says the Switch Lite isn’t going to replace the 3DS.

RScrewed

Really? I don't think trying to keep interest in the 3DS/2DS going is some heinous crime. It's a cynical business move, but what are they supposed to do? Abruptly pull all DS hardware from shelves? They know there's going to be some people who'll still want it for a little while, even if its era has effectively passed.

It's all business, nothing is a crime here, I didn't imply they were committing some atrocity. I'm giving up on believing a word they say.

They're conditioning their fans to not take them for their word. Personally with me, it started when they officially made the stance the DS was not going to replace GBA. What are they supposed to do? Announce a successor and lay your intentions out for your fanbase, your old stock will sell anyway, they're Nintendo products.

it's very odd for a Japanese company to focus on short-term gains at the expense of long-term credibility.

Last edited:

Vbrasa

Nintendo continues to say this to stop people from boycotting old consoles, since it'll be top headlines when parents google it. Nothing really to see here besides lies, since I'm sure the 3ds will be dead by Christmas this year.

Vawn

Banned
Who else is old enough to remember when Nintendo assured everyone that the DS wasn’t going to replace the “Gameboy” line?

Well you’re old and Nintendo still lies.

That was a different situation, I believe. The Game Boy brand had been incredibly successful for Nintendo and they were uncertain the DS direction they were trying would be as successful. I think they truly did not want to write off the Game Boy line and use it as a safety net if the DS couldn't capture the same mindshare.

Of course, the DS was a huge success and Nintendo no longer needed to rely on the Game Boy line.

Last edited:

SonGoku

...This is pretty much why I haven't bought a Nintendo Switch yet. Once I've finished playing through my undub rip of Xenoblade Chronicles X on my Wii U, I think I'll dive straight in and buy whatever the best hardware option Nintendo is offering for the Switch just to play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 . I'm kinda hoping that the smaller screen on the Lite makes the low-res/smudginess of the game look fractionally better. I'm really excited to play it. The character designs are:lollipop_fire:.
It will look way better docked mode at 720p, just get a regular switch
Handheld mode goes as low as 360p

Paracelsus

Isn't going = it already has. We have no say in it.
Nobody will be dumb enough to spend $150 on an overclocked PSP when they can spend $200 for an XBOX0.5

Last edited:

buizel

Banned

Check my Switch out. It's 12 years old but I can play on the go, or just connect it to my TV to play on the big screen. It also has the ability to message friends, Skype , radio, internet browser and YouTube.

Guess that tech must have really shot up in price for Nintendo to justify excluding it...

This is obv part shit post but my point is the PSP can "Switch it up" better than the new Switch and WHY

Last edited:
Better PR would be that they are going to provide continued entertainment for children with the 3DS and their Selects Line by keeping the production of the 3DS line until it is no longer needed.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
There’s still stock of 3DS/2DS out there. Of course they’re not going to say it’s officially dead. They want to sell as much of that at current prices as they can.

Top Bottom