• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Shareholder Meeting approval ratings are in: Iwata & Miyamoto's ratings up!

AdanVC

This means more puppet Iwata and Miyamoto! Aww yis. This semester is going to be really interesting with their upcoming mobile games wich I hope they become a hit like Angry Birds but with the quality of Nintendo on their software.

Terrell

I'm not the one calling the commercial uneffective..

No, you were calling the North American advertising effective, though, so you're basing a different argument on the same information (read: none) and saying yours is valid because sales happened.

Despite the fact that not every region marketed the game the same and saw equally impressive sales.

For example, please draw your attention to this infinitely superior Splatoon ad from the UK and Japan that we never got:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3GxpyOQHtE

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
No, you were calling the North American advertising effective, though, so you're basing a different argument on the same information (read: none) and saying yours is valid because sales happened.

Despite the fact that every region marketed the game differently and saw equally impressive sales.

For example, please draw your attention to this infinitely superior Splatoon ad from the UK and Japan that we never got:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3GxpyOQHtE

I apologize if I was unclear, I was merely saying that we don't know if it was effective or not. Nothing more.

Red Devil

This means more puppet Iwata and Miyamoto! Aww yis. This semester is going to be really interesting with their upcoming mobile games wich I hope they become a hit like Angry Birds but with the quality of Nintendo on their software.

I think it'll be just your typical mobile games using Nintendo licenses, if they're succesful or not will depend on whatever makes mobile games succesful.

Verger

Banned
Why is Takeda popular? Genuine interest

Is it because he designs machines that are low-end spec and therefore do not incur a huge loss per sale as the other consoles? Though I thought the Wii U was more costly because of the tablet...

TheMoon

Is it because he designs machines that are low-end spec and therefore do not incur a huge loss per sale as the other consoles? Though I thought the Wii U was more costly because of the tablet...

He's a company veteran (been there longer than Miyamoto), people know who he is, he oversees hardware, New 3DS recently launched and was/is successful. Shareholders don't care that people on GAF want more flops.

bachikarn

Do we know that this is an agenda he is personally responsible for pushing in the company?
Because I'd imagine any good engineer is more flexible than that, and works with the restrictions that are given to them.

Look at his Wiki article. He has quotes as far back as 2002 that seem to indicate it his personal philosophy.

Like people have said, there is a middle ground.

To his credit, I think he wants both power efficiency and performance. He was able to achieve both for GameCube. But I think it might not be as feasible now?

Azure J

He made the StarTropics franchise.

Veteran in the Nintendo ranks and pretty much the go-to man for all of their hardware execution from start to finish.

So you believe Nintendo's North American marketing efforts have been good, I take it? Seriously, I saw more decent Nintendo advertisements with a greater frequency when Cammie Dunaway was their head of marketing, during an era when they had a console that marketed itself. Not to mention that the ads we do see are mostly terrible (even the Splatoon ads are what I would consider "so bad they're good") and he's the one signing off on that stuff. It's not a matter of opinion on the subject. He has one job and he's doing it badly.
No. I'm just baffled by people who claim that someone deserves to be fired, with little to no knowledge of what their job actually is or what their responsibilities are.
Especially when it comes to Miyamoto and Iwata.

TheMoon

Look at his Wiki article. He has quotes as far back as 2002 that seem to indicate it his personal philosophy.

Like people have said, there is a middle ground.

To his credit, I think he wants both power efficiency and performance. He was able to achieve both for GameCube. But I think it might not be as feasible now?

You must not be familiar with Gunpei Yokoi and the Game Boy, who made this philosophy famous and successful.

bachikarn

You must not be familiar with Gunpei Yokoi and the Game Boy, who made this philosophy famous and successful.

Not sure what I posted implied that. I didn't say Takeda came up with it. Just that there are some quotes that indicates he personally agreed with it.

Also those issues are much more important for a portable device than a console.

TheMoon

I just need Takeda to be fired. I don't need another Console by him (even though at this point it's already too late)

I don't think you actually know what you're saying. You think if Takeda weren't there Nintendo would suddenly churn out a PS4? lol please...

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad to see Mr. Mizutani has such high approval rating. Sure, he's been with the company for a long time, but I believe 2014 was his first year as outside director. Obviously he's done a good job.

Also good that the approval ratings for Mr. Iwata and Mr. Miyamoto are up. The more stability the better.

Chindogg

I don't think you actually know what you're saying. You think if Takeda weren't there Nintendo would suddenly churn out a PS4? lol please...

To be fair, almost no one in this thread knows what they're saying. We've seen arguments about TFlops when really that shit doesn't really matter all that much when producing games. As long as the console either supports modern engines (which apparently Wii U can given a UE4 game's in development) or is popular enough to make proper ports (the real kicker) then it really doesn't matter what specs the console has.

Nightbird

I'm not asking for a PS4. But I'm also not happy about a Man designing Consoles as if Japan is the world.

Top Bottom