• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Spotlight Presentation (their E3 conference) to be 30 Minutes in length

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oregano

the 3ds didn't launch with a monster hunter and a pokemon either, and switch is still sold out at launch regardless. in fact it's still sold out and likely will be without any traditional handheld franchise for a while. going forward it will also be japan's main option for a dedicated gaming handheld, following the likes of the psp and 3ds in terms of what it can offer. the wii wasn't that and i can't believe that the wii u is still used in any way as a predictor for the switch's sales.

3DS didn't have based Splatoon either.

Koizito

Neo Member
I guess it could be the translation because in japanese the way they handle this is good enough to understand (at least in Xenoblade wii/3ds).

Shame I don't understand much japanese then... :p
Don't they proofread what they translated to see if it's understandable for us, as people who don't understand the japanese explanation?

iMerc

speaking of UI related things, i hope they announce more apps available for future download from the eshop.
for example, while i don't necessarily need it i would love a netflix app to be announced soon. it would awesome to have, especially as i travel frequently.

speaking of UI related things, i hope they announce more apps available for future download from the eshop.
for example, while i don't necessarily need it i would love a netflix app to be announced soon. it would awesome to have, especially as i travel frequently.

Would be cool to get an OS update for video sharing, custome themes/avatars etc.

Scrawnton

Any news on an OS update would be great actually. Even if it's just video sharing and more ways to add friends would be good.

and for the love of god bring back home menu and eshop music... this device feels very un-nintendo because it lacks these little charming effects.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
All I want is Smash Bros Switch!
Soon...
tUpv3jA.gif

13ruce

Banned
That's nothing compared to what he's done before on GameFAQs.

Gamefaqs is a crappy place mostly anyway (trolls/shitposts/heavy topic derails ruin it).
The animal crossing new leaf board was pretty good actually tho had a great time with players from there online.

Anyway he must really love Xenoblade so much it kinda consumes him.

I am a huge Zelda fan and even have a few tattoo's of it but i won't ever let me get crazy by a game like that lol.

XandBosch

Bethesda's conference last night was proof in the pudding of why a 2017-ONLY Spotlight would be completely fine. Even still, they'll have a few teases. It's also proof in the pudding that you can have a conference that's only ~30 minutes and it can still be fantastic.

One more day, peeps.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Bethesda's conference last night was proof in the pudding of why a 2017-ONLY Spotlight would be completely fine. Even still, they'll have a few teases. It's also proof in the pudding that you can have a conference that's only ~30 minutes and it can still be fantastic.

One more day, peeps.
Outside of Wolfenstein it wasn't a great conference really.

Shahadan

Now I see that he's also banned on gamefaqs. He must really love xenoblade

Dude he's just fucking insane. He keeps bringing up Xenoblade in totally unrelated threads even on gaf and insult anyone who disagree. And he believes there is a conspiracy against the game.

Probably wears a Shulk pyjama at all times

Wamb0wneD

Dude he's just fucking insane. He keeps bringing up Xenoblade in totally unrelated threads even on gaf and insult anyone who disagree. And he believes there is a conspiracy against the game.

Probably wears a Shulk pyjama at all times

I really want to see what he did on freaking Gamefaqs to get banned from there.

Skypunch committed account suicide, your torment is over!

After reading his post before searching for skypunch posts I thought he probably just made another post too far about hating xenoblade X.

That... That was an underestimate. I guess we all knew what hill they'd die on eventually.

XandBosch

Outside of Wolfenstein it wasn't a great conference really.

Agree to disagree. I didn't even care about most of the show they showed and it was still a great conference. They were able to make me get excited about stuff I likely won't even play (Evil Within, Dishonoured DLC, Fallout and Doom VR, etc.). They showed two things I was waiting to see more of (Skyrim on Switch and Wolfenstein 2) and it was all gravy. I really do think that if they have a great enough showing, even if it's for stuff we mostly know about (Mario, Xenoblade, etc.) we can walk away smiling even without any teases.

I'd still put big money on a few teases and surprises though.

MomoQca

I'm not going to detail everything he's done here. Just based on my observation on him from the past 2-3 years on NeoGAF/GameFAQs/other sites, he clearly has a lot of issues. I genuinely hope he seeks professional help. Not going to make any further comments here regarding skypunch.

---
Anyway, Xenoblade 2 HYPE!!!

Cpt Lmao

I think western aaa support is a pipe dream, but first party support will be better than it's ever been due to unified development and it's a great system for indies and maybe Japanese third parties.

I don't think it has to be. Having Skyrim and a proper version of FIFA 18 could be just the beginning, if Nintendo are willing to put the effort in.

Zedark

I don't think it has to be. Having Skyrim and a proper version of FIFA 18 could be just the beginning, if Nintendo are willing to put the effort in.

I think that, in hindsight, it was unrealistic to expect third party AAA to be announced at this E3, as up until the release of the Switch they seemed to be of the mind that the system was going to fail like the Wii U did. Going from that to announcing full, big budget titles on the system doesn't happen that quickly with the AAA publishers. If the current few AAA titles (Skyrim, FIFA, NBA) do really well, we might just see a completely different picture next year and next E3. For the moment, I expect hardly any big third party games to release on Switch this year/early next year.

does skypunch being banned with a junior member means that he is banned forever?
I think that's how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom