• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch has sold over a million units in Japan

VariantX

I think even Nintendo forgot it's a portable too.

All portables previously sold at a much faster pace.

Btw, when will Nintendo finally stop having a production restrain? That is the main limiting factor.

Given reports linked here, the thing that's limiting them is that they need the same components that bigger companies like Apple also need for their devices. Apple and other smartphone manufacturers get priority because of how large their orders are compared to others who need those same components like Nintendo. There's an ongoing flash memory shortage right now and a LCD display shortage as well. Don't think it's going away until the manufacturers can increas production on their end or nintendo takes a hit and sells the switch at a loss to offer a better deal to secure more components.

I think even Nintendo forgot it's a portable too.

All portables previously sold at a much faster pace.

Btw, when will Nintendo finally stop having a production restrain? That is the main limiting factor.
Tbf, it's priced higher than any Nintendo portable so they were right to be a bit more skeptical.

zelas

They should have hired you.

Honestly it seems like they could have hired anyone and it would have been better than relying on the same people who continue to put them in these situations. NAND shortage issues were being talked about YEARS before Nintendo started manufacturing the Switch. Even Apple themselves have been used as a NAND shortage scapegoat back in 2009.

Even beyond that, you're telling me Nintendo had no choice but to go forward with a worldwide launch knowing they didn't have worldwide supply? Are you going to tell me that wasn't a choice Nintendo made on their own so that you can continue to believe that NO blame can be placed on Nintendo for the supply issues?

Top Bottom