• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Fracas

#fuckonami
Talked to Walmart CS and I was assured my console was coming today, even though a UPS truck already stopped by for something else (plus I received an e-mail saying it straight up wasn't happening). RIP

I just want to know what happened to my order. Tracking hasn't changed at all since a label was made.

took me 3 tries to get my prime extended. amazon support trying to give me that bullshit.

"I'll extend your prime after you receive delivery"

"I sent in a request to extend to your membership"

Didn't even bring it up on the third try. the guy extended my prime membership by one month immediately.

btrboyev

Got mine just now.

System is super bare bones as far as features
Games really do taste awful
The pro controller feels awesome

Got my Gray Switch and Zelda from Amazon delivered at the office by UPS. My Pro Controller from Best Buy was delivered to my apartment by FedEx. I'm still waiting on my Neon Switch (the one I really want!) from Amazon's own delivery service. It's interesting to see how much delivery time can vary on the same day from different services, even though all my stuff (aside from the controller) is coming from Amazon.

I had Amazon customer service email me confirmation that they upgraded my order to same day shipping and guaranteeing delivery today. So when they can't do that, I can hopefully get more than $5 and a month of prime.

Did you ask for that? I'm thinking about calling again and telling them that.

lutheran

Funny I got like 3 different Amazon emails in the past 2 hours, nothing to do with my item shipping. This has left the worst taste in my mouth, I could have pre-ordered it from anyone at 3:00am that morning. Instead I went with the one company I figured was big enough to not have these issues and they have been absolutely an embarrassment. Kotaku just put out a big story on this issue. I bet Amazon loses a few hundred prime members over this and has a lot of us never again buying release date items from them. I also blame Nintendo because you just know those backwards stupid fuckers over-promised Amazon how many consoles they would get.But Amazon also shares some blame, they had 2 other pre-order release sales after the initial one PLUS they have sold a bunch of them today on Prime Now which is complete bullshit since those units could have gone to US, people who already paid for the damn thing.

RikuDawn

Man, usually when I order something that ships via UPS, UPS is here hours before the mail. Why is this the one day they don't want to show up when they say they will?

Contacted amazon again, guy said at 9:40 am it was till in the process, expected to arrive by the end of the day.

It has to be at the Newark Distribution Center, 7 hours till EOD still not shipped, crazy. At least I'll have work to distract myself while I wait

To you switch-havers: If I carry the switch around like depicted in the commercials, ready for some on-the-go local mp via desktop mode at any moment, do I basically have to carry around the two "wrist strap" devices in my pocket too for the joycon controllers to be viable? I get the impression the shoulder buttons, without that piece, are hard to use.

If so, do any carrying cases have room for them?

San Diego here, in the same boat. Looks like it's a SoCal thing. Really upset. Not so much having to wait, but being given the workaround for something I know isn't happening. Just straight up tell me to get fucked so I can move on with my day.

Got

Banned
Funny I got like 3 different Amazon emails in the past 2 hours, nothing to do with my item shipping. This has left the worst taste in my mouth, I could have pre-ordered it from anyone at 3:00am that morning. Instead I went with the one company I figured was big enough to not have these issues and they have been absolutely an embarrassment. Kotaku just put out a big story on this issue. I bet Amazon loses a few hundred prime members over this and has a lot of us never again buying release date items from them. I also blame Nintendo because you just know those backwards stupid fuckers over-promised Amazon how many consoles they would get.But Amazon also shares some blame, they had 2 other pre-order release sales after the initial one PLUS they have sold a bunch of them today on Prime Now which is complete bullshit since those units could have gone to US, people who already paid for the damn thing.

man, Amazon for me (here in LA) has been shit for the last month. Horrible deliveries never attempted (USPS generally ends up okay but Amazon's delivery services are trash) I won't be surprised if I don't get my console and Master Edition BotW today even though it shows as out for delivery.

Contacted amazon again, guy said at 9:40 am it was till in the process, expected to arrive by the end of the day.

It has to be at the Newark Distribution Center, 7 hours till EOD still not shipped, crazy. At least I'll have work to distract myself while I wait

Mine was last reported as arriving at the Avenel warehouse around 2:14pm. I'm HOPING that they send it out the last truck out to my area.

UPS delivered everything together today. Best Buy shipped out my Switch and Pro in two boxes while Amazon shipped out Zelda + Hori case in one.

Best of luck everyone!

b46WHuF.jpg

Manzanas

Neo Member
Im still waiting on UPS to deliver.
Its annoying that it says its been out for delivery since 6:50 a.m. and its now 1:04 p.m. and still nothing.
I just want to play Zelda.

Finally decided to call up Amazon since their live chat is awful. My switch is "in transit" about an hour away from me and will be here soon. The status of the order has been "prepping shipment" for 2 days. Glad I called since their live chats would make no effort to find out where my order even was.

RootCause

To you switch-havers: If I carry the switch around like depicted in the commercials, ready for some on-the-go local mp via desktop mode at any moment, do I basically have to carry around the two "wrist strap" devices in my pocket too for the joycon controllers to be viable? I get the impression the shoulder buttons, without that piece, are hard to use.

If so, do any carrying cases have room for them?
Don't have a switch yet. But the RDS case has a space for the strap. Though I'm not sure it can fit two of them.

There's a video on YouTube. Imo the best case.

Finally decided to call up Amazon since their live chat is awful. My switch is "in transit" about an hour away from me and will be here soon. The status of the order has been "prepping shipment" for 2 days. Glad I called since their live chats would make no effort to find out where my order even was.
I hope that's the case for me. :/

Seems like it's readily in stock at pretty much every retailer, just go buy a copy in person and cancel or return your other one.

That's what I wound up doing. Reached out to Amazon CS and got some story about an issue with the manufacturer and how it was affecting everyone who ordered BotW. Had him cancel my order on the spot and picked up a copy at Best Buy.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I can only imagine what the delivery guy thought when he saw me camping out in front of my mailbox waiting for this to get here. So excited. This weekend is gonna be awesome.

lutheran

You had never received a shipping email or anything like that from Amazon today? Is it on a UPS truck or one of Amazons same day delivery vehicles.

Where do you live? I'm hoping for the rest of us the system is just slow to update as well.

San Diego here, in the same boat. Looks like it's a SoCal thing. Really upset. Not so much having to wait, but being given the workaround for something I know isn't happening. Just straight up tell me to get fucked so I can move on with my day.

Yup. They kept saying "we cannot say that your order isn't ready because it it says it's shipping soon" and then asked if they could call me back tomorrow, to which I said this is unacceptable because I pay $100 a year for Prime.

RikuDawn

Im still waiting on UPS to deliver.
Its annoying that it says its been out for delivery since 6:50 a.m. and its now 1:04 p.m. and still nothing.
I just want to play Zelda.
Mine shipped at 6:40 AM. And I'm on the east coast, so it's past 4:15 here. I've literally never got a package from UPS later than 3:30 PM. I don't know what they're doing.

ctfg23

Past 1 PM now and still "Shipping Now", apparently arriving today. Assuming that will change once it actually ships.

Where do you live? I'm hoping for the rest of us the system is just slow to update as well.

I'm about 90 minutes away from Dallas TX so their distribution center is pretty close.

You had never received a shipping email or anything like that from Amazon today? Is it on a UPS truck or one of Amazons same day delivery vehicles.

Nope. I've received no email about my Nintendo Switch since the initial confirmation email when I preordered back Jan 13th. Zelda already arrived and I received an email as soon as it shipped.

Amazon seems to be handling shipments for these really badly. The fact that I'll probably have the thing in my hands before I receive an email about it is really bizarre.

Mine shipped at 6:40 AM. And I'm on the east coast, so it's past 4:15 here. I've literally never got a package from UPS later than 3:30 PM. I don't know what they're doing.

Are you getting it through Amazon? I was following it with the USPS tracking number at first, but it went from Trenton, NJ to the Amazon Warehouse in Avenel, NJ, though only the Amazon site says it's there while the USPS site still has no update from 5:14am.

RikuDawn

Are you getting it through Amazon? I was following it with the USPS tracking number at first, but it went from Trenton, NJ to the Amazon Warehouse in Avenel, NJ, though only the Amazon site says it's there while the USPS site still has no update from 5:14am.
I mean it was in my town and out for delivery at 6:40 AM. There's literally no reason I shouldn't have it by now.

Top Bottom