• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Got all of this an hour ago!

Tnf85HP.jpg

Everything is mine except for the Grey Switch as I'm giving it to a friend.

It's so pretty! LOL. I have mine, but it's at home, and I'm stuck at work. Fun to watch others finally get their stuff.

kaydigi

Lol. I shall see your "Holy" and raise you a "Shite"

But everything is here (Can't get over how huge the Zelda box is)
Been a great ride with you folks. Hope everyone that has their stuff is gaming away and happy. And hope all that are waiting get situated soon!

AXIe5kr.jpg

What's the brown Ena Fire box?

Recieved my switch from target (showed delivery 6th - 9th on the website). I ordered day 1, no expedited shipping, Phoenix AZ

I am now waiting for amazon to deliver Zelda.. Jesus christ I figured amazon would come through before target but I suppose it is at the mercy of the carriers.

But still, I'm going nuts, I need to use this machine!

(Its pretty slick btw, I'm 32 and feel like a child on christmas day)

Amazon Prime Order here in Texas, shipped yesterday by UPS, Zelda arrived today and Switch won't be here until monday due to UPS error. I am so down, reading articles about Amazon handling this so badly, had two other orders but canceled this after deciding to go with them, not choosing them again.

lutheran

My order page has been updated from preparing to ship to shipping today. They have literally 3 hours to get it here by 8pm from NJ (I am on long island) and it is rush hour traffic time lol, I don't see how that is possible.

Key2001

Everything except for the Switch has arrived (including BOTW Master Edition from Amazon). Amazon support keeps insisting the Switch will arrive today, so I guess there is still hope even though it hasn't shipped yet.

Sylas

Are you getting it through Amazon? I was following it with the USPS tracking number at first, but it went from Trenton, NJ to the Amazon Warehouse in Avenel, NJ, though only the Amazon site says it's there while the USPS site still has no update from 5:14am.

It sounds like it's just sitting in Avenel until tomorrow. I'm in the same position. No idea why they assigned a tracking number before it was actually gonna hit USPS but... I guess we'll see.

funcojoe

Ok so as like a ton of you guys I also have had my shipment sitting at shipping soon, arriving tonight.

I got my ms edition of Zelda at noon, and that had s tracking number a day ago.

Just got off the phone with a very nice genuine amazon rep, from what she told me - amazon put in their order number, were confident in the supply to be delivered. Unfortunately it wasn't , they were shorted by someone and are scrambling to figure out how this happened.

So she said, are you willing to to wait? I said how many days are we talking and she said they cannot give an exact date. I said yea no biggie. What's a few days, I have so much other stuff to play anyway.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm super annoyed right now... I live in the neighborhood to an Amazon warehouse, post office, AND local shipping facilities. Still "preparing to ship" today.

Did us west coasters just get screwed?

It sounds like it's just sitting in Avenel until tomorrow. I'm in the same position. No idea why they assigned a tracking number before it was actually gonna hit USPS but... I guess we'll see.

That's what I'm sensing is going to happen. Though the rep said they'd get it to me by end of day. Starting to think otherwise now that it's getting late.

At least I can go back on previous communication I had with them and maybe get some credit or something.

Ok so as like a ton of you guys I also have had my shipment sitting at shipping soon, arriving tonight.

Just got off the phone with a very nice genuine amazon rep, from what she told me - amazon put in their order number, were confident in the supply to be delivered. Unfortunately it wasn't , they were shorted by someone and are scrambling to figure out how this happened.

So she said, are you willing to to wait? I said how many days are we talking and she said they cannot give an exact date. I said yea no biggie. What's a few days, I have so much other stuff to play anyway.

Did they already take your money? They took my money. You don't take my money if you're shorted on supply. You send me an email or something to tell me what is going on. However, once you take my money, well, I expect it when you told me I'd get it.

They've got about 6 hours to deliver.

funcojoe

Did they already take your money? They took my money. You don't take my money if you're shorted on supply. You send me an email or something to tell me what is going on. However, once you take my money, well, I expected it when you told me I'd get it.

They've got about 6 hours to deliver.

Well since I used a debit card I was given the opportunity to cancel, the concerning part was I said how long are we talking a day, a week, weeks? I have no idea unfortunately sir was the answer.

R0ckman

Whats going on with the lan adapter? Only thing in my haul that didn't make it. Not that I care since it can use my 5GHz internet.

And sorry to hear about all the GAFFERS who got screwed over. Was this primarily the shipping screw ups or Amazon? Doesn't sound like most of the CS reps went above and beyond with apologetic solutions. $299+ Item, on top of Prime Membership and low to barely satifactory support. Absolute madness.

Sylas

That's what I'm sensing is going to happen. Though the rep said they'd get it to me by end of day. Starting to think otherwise now that it's getting late.

At least I can go back on previous communication I had with them and maybe get some credit or something.

I think they were telling everyone it was gonna get to them by end of day today, honestly. Or as many people as they could. The reps I spoke to eventually caved and said they'd leave USPS a message saying that it needs to be expedited but that only goes so far if USPS never got the package in the first place.

Fo what it's worth I got 10% refunded, so that was rad. At this point I'm thankful that USPS delivers on weekends so we'll (hopefully!) see it tomorrow.

RikuDawn

I feel like I've lost all hope. My Switch was in my town and out for delivery at 6:40 AM. UPS site said it'd be here between 9:45 AM and 1:45 PM. It's past 4:45 PM here. I've never received a package this late. I live in a small town, so I can't imagine a package taking this long. I don't know what's going on but I'm so upset right now.

meanspartan

San Diego here, in the same boat. Looks like it's a SoCal thing. Really upset. Not so much having to wait, but being given the workaround for something I know isn't happening. Just straight up tell me to get fucked so I can move on with my day.

Also San Diego, but mine says "out for delivery". Either it's a mistake, or I am just lucky I guess.

Piggus

Delivered, but stuck at work for two more hours :(

I feel like I've lost all hope. My Switch was in my town and out for delivery at 6:40 AM. UPS site said it'd be here between 9:45 AM and 1:45 PM. It's past 4:45 PM here. I've never received a package this late. I live in a small town, so I can't imagine a package taking this long. I don't know what's going on but I'm so upset right now.

You'll survive this harroing calamity, don't worry.

I think they were telling everyone it was gonna get to them by end of day today, honestly. Or as many people as they could. The reps I spoke to eventually caved and said they'd leave USPS a message saying that it needs to be expedited but that only goes so far if USPS never got the package in the first place.

Fo what it's worth I got 10% refunded, so that was rad. At this point I'm thankful that USPS delivers on weekends so we'll (hopefully!) see it tomorrow.

That's actually not bad compensation then to get 10% refunded. I'm going to wait until later this evening before I raise a fuss to the Customer Service people.

bachikarn

This doesn't really make sense to me because they were selling new ones last night. They fucked up

All 3 delivered and waiting for me at home! BOTW is in my car.

2 more hours til I'm out of this shitty place (work).

Schitts Creek to make time go by.

Amazon(US) has more Pro Controller stock in. I just snagged one for myself. Sorry if this is old news but I know a lot of people were looking for them.

nullpoynter

Still waiting for the UPS guy. Unfortunately, delivery could be anytime before 8pm. I never get packages until late in the day. I probably should've just hit up a store during the midnight launch. At least everything I ordered is being delivered by just UPS, so everything should be here at once.

forrest

formerly nacire
switchu8ysk.jpg

Switch and Zelda from Amazon, Pro controller from Best Buy all via UPS.

Just arrived! Lets do this...until 5 when I have to go to an event and then a bday dinner. :(

I've spoken on the phone, chatted, and emailed Amazon support and none of them have said anything other than "We can't tell you when you can expect your item."

What the fuck?

"Oh I am so sorry about this but at the time , The system has yet to update any information stating the delivery of the order."

I don't understand how this is acceptable customer support. They can't tell me if it'll arrive today, they can't tell me if it'll arrive tomorrow, or a week from now, or a month from now. They aren't offering any kind of compensation, just "¯\_(ツ)_/¯".

I'm reeeeeeally annoyed.

RootCause

I've spoken on the phone, chatted, and emailed Amazon support and none of them have said anything other than "We can't tell you when you can expect your item."

What the fuck?

"Oh I am so sorry about this but at the time , The system has yet to update any information stating the delivery of the order."

I don't understand how this is acceptable customer support. They can't tell me if it'll arrive today, they can't tell me if it'll arrive tomorrow, or a week from now, or a month from now. They aren't offering any kind of compensation, just "¯_(ツ)_/¯".

I'm reeeeeeally annoyed.
I don't even want to contact them. This week has been trash for Amazon. Canceled orders due to stock problems, Horizon delayed for a week, and no compensation. Now the switch.

Did they charge you?

Shadoron

I'm in the same boat as many of you, finally got an update from Amazon after my Switch has been in "shipping today" mode for 24+ hours. Tracking finally updated, and it will be arriving Monday. I feel like a jackass for even being mad about all this, I'm still getting my Switch after many have had theirs cancelled, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I have a distribution center in my city, and I can see the package left here earlier today, went two towns over to the local UPS facility, and will now be coming back here on Monday. I'm a Prime member, and was guaranteed release day delivery. How can Amazon screw these shipments up so badly? No more release day items from Amazon.

bonesquad

My Amazon delivery of Zelda and the official case showed up at 8am this morning. Come on Best Buy, where is the Switch itself! (UPS says out for delivery at least...)

PSFan

Everything arrived no problem. Just finished setting up the Switch a short time ago and I'm trying to decide if I want to play Zelda on the TV first or in handheld mode lol.

The Pro controller is great as well, It feels so great, I don't even want to try out my charging grip and just leave the Joycons in the Switch. I left the wrist straps and the included grip in their plastic, and in the Switch box. I can't see my self ever using them.

Yep, decided to just do a Customer Service chat before leaving work and it won't be in until tomorrow now. I got Prime extended for a month, not that I really care as I'd prefer to actually have the fucking system in hand.

I'm in Texas and only about 20 minutes away from the Amazon distribution center, yet my Switch, Zelda, and SD card all haven't shipped even though they all say they'll be here by 8 (it's now past 4). I chatted with a rep and she promised me it'll be here by end of day, but this has happened to be twice before (and both were Nintendo games) where the reps promised me my item will be here on time and they weren't. I don't have much hope.

What's especially odd is my coworker ordered his Switch the same time as me from Amazon and got his first thing in the morning. We both had ours shipped to the same address (work), but mine is nowhere to be found.

Top Bottom