• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Erv

I got a tracking number but it says USPS hasn't received the package yet. The last update was at 11:57am so who knows where it is now. Still scheduled for delivery tomorrow on the Amazon website but I'm pretty skeptical about that...

yeah,whats messed up is the center it's coming from is only an hour away. But I feel like amazon just sent me the tracking number before it was even sent off to me just so they could make it seem like it in already in transit.

Chylo

Neo Member
I'm fucking pissed. Two Amazon reps (one in the afternoon and one two mins ago) refused to give me any information regarding my order. No recompense either if you're not currently a Prime member.

Key2001

I'm fucking pissed. Two Amazon reps (one in the afternoon and one two mins ago) refused to give me any information regarding my order. No recompense either if you're not currently a Prime member.

Compensation for Prime members seems to be nothing more than just an extended month of Prime (at least for me and many others). If you don't order anything that month they don't lose anything of value and you don't gain anything of value.

Yokai

Just an update, I got a call back from Amazon and an update saying my item has just shipped. The second call I made was a lot more helpful than the first, and the CS rep actually took the time to call me back an hour or two ago and check to make sure I got an email about the status of my Switch shipping.

It kind of sucks I didn't get it on launch day, but at least now I know that the item exists and is on its way. I'm not sure entirely what happened to cause the delay, but it seems like Amazon is on top of this. It sounds like it should be arriving sometime tomorrow.

I'll keep you all posted. I do want to be positive about the CS representatives though, since there's been a lot of complaining about it. Other than one specific individual that I got on my first call, they seem to be doing their best with the situation.

Erv

So you don't even know if it shipped yet or were you just trying to find it's current location?

Justin85

Still says "arriving by 8pm" even though it's 11. But hey, I get a 20 dollar credit and "may" get it by EOD Monday. It's strange that there's no consistency to the compensation. Is that up to the individual customer service rep?

But such a disappointing day. Took the day off work because I wanted to be here to sign for the package. I probably could have gotten a Switch at a store this morning but needed to stay home as to not miss the delivery and it never even shipped. Terrible.

Went to a Best Buy, GameStop, Walmart and Target today, all where cleared out of everything except a couple grey joy-con singles and sets, grey rail button things, and AC adapters among them, except Best Buy had 3 Grey Switch's on the shelf. Was looking for a Pro Controller to no avail.

co1onel

Went to a Best Buy, GameStop, Walmart and Target today, all where cleared out of everything except a couple grey joy-con singles and sets, grey rail button things, and AC adapters among them, except Best Buy had 3 Grey Switch's on the shelf. Was looking for a Pro Controller to no avail.

Bestbuy had switches just sitting on the shelf to buy? Hmmm, wonder if it's worth checking now.

PsychBat!

Banned
Past 8 and it says "Shipping Now"

1126.gif

funcojoe

Ok, so my wife just spent over an hour in the phone with some supervisor type.

1. I was able to get a full refund on the Zelda ms edition. That was the only positive.

2. From what she was able to find out with her magical angry powers is this :

There is an investigation happening. They are aware of systems being sold on the bookstore and without saying anymore it sounds as if that was a big fuck up as pre orders weren't filled.

As of right now no systems are moving until the investigation is over. The best we could get out of them was maybe 2 days for the system to get here.

RootCause

1. I was able to get a full refund on the Zelda ms edition. That was the only positive.

There is an investigation happening. They are aware of systems being sold on the bookstore and without saying anymore it sounds as if that was a big fuck up as pre orders weren't filled.

As of right now no systems are moving until the investigation is over. The best we could get out of them was maybe 2 days for the system to get here.
What a mess. :/

I ordered from GameStop online late last night and was happy I was finally able to place an order somewhere.

The tracking info finally came in and.. the expected delivery is March 9th :( I wasn't expecting delivery today or tomorrow, but the end of next week??

I hope I can pick one up in store before then. Really don't want to wait a whole week.

linkboy

Wow, what a total fuck-up. I'd be livid.

Nia

I got the Switch and Zelda around 5pm today. Didn't post about it because I dived right in to playing 1 2 Switch with my friends.

I'm the cow in the tunic.

What an end to a long and harrowing wait. Now I'm going to play Zelda.

RootCause

I got the Switch and Zelda around 5pm today. Didn't post about it because I dived right in to playing 1 2 Switch with my friends.

One fine dressed cow. :p

I've been so focused on the Switch and Zelda that I completely forgot I got an email last night saying I was receiving my official case from Walmart today. It never came. Just checked the tracking number and it says it''ll be here Wednesday.

The one company I thought would fuck up today, Best Buy, was the only one that came through lol. Never preordering launch systems/games/items online ever again. PS4 launch was so much smoother man.

Fauv

Wow, talked to three Amazon reps over the course of the day, the first told me that it was definitely still going to be delivered today, the second told me he "guaranteed" that it would arrive by tomorrow, the last just about an hour ago told me that I should expect it before Monday (and they also only offered me a $5 credit, which hasn't shown up in my account)...

With that I basically gave up hope of getting it soon and then... just got an email that it has shipped and is arriving tomorrow (hopefully)!

Hold out hope folks! Looks like the reps really have no clue what's going on

Asking again: Is there a way to turn off the Joy Con controller (2 Joy Cons attached to base) while leaving the system on?

Don't want to burn the battery if I'm not playing but want to keep the system on.

CornDogg

Pre-ordered the Switch online from Gamestop. Card was authorized on 2/25. A few days later, the authorization falls off. Console ships 3/2 and is scheduled for delivery Monday. Not seeing a charge for the order, but the order shows "Closed" when I check it online.

Kinda weird, but maybe just a delay on processing the payment or it showing up or something? This happen to anyone else?

watershed

Banned
Has anyone else been told by Amazon that despite having a Switch preordered since Jan.13, you won't be getting one until mid-march?

Wow, talked to three Amazon reps over the course of the day, the first told me that it was definitely still going to be delivered today, the second told me he "guaranteed" that it would arrive by tomorrow, the last just about an hour ago told me that I should expect it before Monday (and they also only offered me a $5 credit, which hasn't shown up in my account)...

With that I basically gave up hope of getting it soon and then... just got an email that it has shipped and is arriving tomorrow (hopefully)!

Hold out hope folks! Looks like the reps really have no clue what's going on
More than likely, the $5 is a gift credit. It should come off if you go to do an order. :)

Kyzer

Banned
Pre-ordered the Switch online from Gamestop. Card was authorized on 2/25. A few days later, the authorization falls off. Console ships 3/2 and is scheduled for delivery Monday. Not seeing a charge for the order, but the order shows "Closed" when I check it online.

Kinda weird, but maybe just a delay on processing the payment or it showing up or something? This happen to anyone else?

Mine suddenly had a 9 cent balance remaining to be paid so it couldnt be fulfilled today, they automatically just refunded my overnight shipping and said id get it monday.

nikos

One of my Walmart preorders was canceled, the other is processing. I'm assuming it's limited to one per customer.

So out of the five Switches I preordered, I have received one. Another is on its way and, if Walmart ships this one, I'll have a third. Two friends are sort of relying on these, so it would be nice to get them.

BizzyBum

Amazon is usually awesome but I'm never preordering a system from them again. Ordered one as soon as they went up and I have Prime and didn't get it today, still "arriving tomorrow by 8pm".

Thank god I also did in-store pickup from Best Buy.

Key2001

Has anyone else been told by Amazon that despite having a Switch preordered since Jan.13, you won't be getting one until mid-march?

Not yet but if it is true that they used stock that was meant for early pre-order stock for stuff like Prime Now, filling their book store shelves and their treasure truck I wouldn't be surprised when they finally let many of us know that it ends up being mid-March or whenever Nintendo gets more stock to them.

Asking again: Is there a way to turn off the Joy Con controller (2 Joy Cons attached to base) while leaving the system on?

Don't want to burn the battery if I'm not playing but want to keep the system on.

Think you're in the wrong thread. This one is full of people that don't have switches lol.

Erv

If at midnight your Amazon order says arriving tomorrow still then we're not getting them Saturday 😫

Best buy didn't get my pre order. I just had it refunded and walked out. Killed all my hype that instant.

I'll wait till the summer and holidays now.

jxN3

Rep assured me it would be here today, and obviously it wasn't. Contacted them again and now they changed it to same day delivery and will apparently be here tomorrow, lol.

Still have my doubts as they don't seem to know what the fuck is going on.

ryan299

Amazon says mine has arrived at their facility in NJ. USPS says it departed partner facility and they're waiting for it. Amazon says it should be here by 8 today.

Whole thing is a mess.

Amazon Logistics says they couldn't reach my front door, even though A) I provided them my gate code and B) the gate is open until 5:00PM ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Amazon Logistics lost a package for me a month ago, missed their delivery date a few days ago for a different package, I lost my Master Collection preorder, and now this.

I think I'm done with Amazon.
Update:
They rushed a second delivery today and they were "unable to find address," despite me receiving packages from AMZL in the past just fine.

Totally worthless. They didn't offer a solution other than attempting a third delivery tomorrow. I'm never gonna get this thing.

jnb58

Neo Member

Good God... "cow" seems extreme?

The person in that tunic weighs less than 90 lbs & looks to be 150 cm tall.

Maybe an adult lamb but not a cow...

Rukes

The front page still gets no respect
Same for me, but the rep said not til mid march. Amazon page still says 8pm delivery today.

Did your card get charged for the Switch? Would be super shady if they charged it and didn't ship it this weekend.

Top Bottom