• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Presentation - January 12th

Tntnico

Screw it, I subscribed to the Paris event, and I invited a friend without even knowing if they'll be available at that time :lol. Going to the morning session on Saturday 14.

Will try to post my impressions.

If your friend can't be with you, I'm here :D

I wasn't aware of such events outside of press events, am I supposed to received an email or should I sign up on a website ?

Chaos17

71ffd71105.png

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/817312668616822784

Manmedaz

Fuck, didn't heard of it either. I was at the 3DS show at the Louvre in 2011... when is the Paris Event ?

I heard it's on the 14th and 15th, in the Grand Palais. I'll be playing it at the press event on the 13th though, so I did not look too much into that (hence why I said not to quote me on what I said :p).

I could not find a lot of info on Paris' hands-on event, but I know that DS in Paris (a big Nintendo fan group in Paris) had a contest on their Facebook page, and you could win tickets to try the Switch on the 14th or 15th (see here, in french).

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
If your friend can't be with you, I'm here :D

I wasn't aware of such events outside of press events, am I supposed to received an email or should I sign up on a website ?

Would have loved to go with a GAFfer if my friend couldn't make it, but sorry I'm going with him ;).

The tickets have my name and my friend's on it anyway, I couldn't have invited anyone else.

TheMoon

It's on at 3pm here and I won't finish work until after 9 :(

Is someone gonna make a spoiler free thread with youtube links?

you could just bookmark the youtube link yourself :D

I'm personally going to bookmark the youtube stream and open it up on the morning to avoid spoilers.

hot tip: alter the link to be the embed version
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/uuC4YLLkqME

that way you won't see any YT interface with recommended videos and spoilers from reaction vids

you could just bookmark the youtube link yourself :D

hot tip: alter the link to be the embed version
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/uuC4YLLkqME

that way you won't see any YT interface with recommended videos and spoilers from reaction vids

Cool, opened that in a new tab. Will refresh it when I get home from work that day.

Thanks.

AzaK

Does anyone know the format of the presentation? It's live right, so is this like some sort of E3 type deal or more business oriented? I ask because I can't fathom why they'd do a "console launch", E3 style presentation in Japanese. It sort of begs the question, is this going to be yet another non-western console?

Blues1990

It's a bummer that Toronto is (as far as I'm aware) the only Canadian city that's hosting a Nintendo Switch demo party. I want in on some of that action for Vancouver, gosh darn it!

Does anyone know the format of the presentation? It's live right, so is this like some sort of E3 type deal or more business oriented? I ask because I can't fathom why they'd do a "console launch", E3 style presentation in Japanese. It sort of begs the question, is this going to be yet another non-western console?

The fact that this event is being held in Tokyo should tell you that this system has Japan as a big focus. If that bothers you, don't buy it.

random25

Will this be the bunker thread for the January 12/13 event? The other Switch thread is already approaching max posts and we are still 1 week away.

GetLucky

But they're a Japanese company

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The fact that this event is being held in Tokyo should tell you that this system has Japan as a big focus. If that bothers you, don't buy it.
I would not say it is a big focus; it's just that they NEED a win in Japan from the get-go or they lose everything. I'm glad you added the last part though, cuz he be trollin'.

robotrock

Banned

The question has never been begged ever.

random25

What does a non-western console even mean?

AniHawk

i'm pretty sure the organizers and presenters know the format. but as for yourself, maybe just chill out for a week and not worry about how every move nintendo makes is wrong because it upsets azak.

Top Bottom