• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Splatoon 2 bundle coming to US, Walmart exclusive

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Yeah but their stance on wanting physical copies of games in bundles is one of the few examples of GameStop being pro consumer... so your post is a bit redundant in this thread.

That stance is gone for the most part. Minecraft XB1 bundles were download codes for example. Hell, a lot of their Switch bundles sold on the .com are full of download codes when a physical copy exists (Has Been Heroes for example).

PMS341

Which also provides cash or credit to the customer to spend on other stuff. Seems like a win for everyone except Nintendo.

The cash is abysmally priced and the trade credit is, of course, only usable at a store which you shouldn't be shopping at in the first place. This is with profit in mind, not consumer.

finally coming to the US ,huh?
making it Walmart exclusive for the Neon Pink and Neon Green Joy-Cons kinda sucks though. hope they become available outside of the bundle

Lol. It's $20 more than buying the system and the game seperately... that carrying case at the very least shouldnt count toward the cost. At least sell the bundle for $359 and give people the case for "free"

I know. Its just that in the past, Nintendo bundles often saved money from buying it separately... The copy is digital too.

Nintendo bundles in the past were usually offered in place of price cuts.

Switch doesn't have anything to gain from a price cut. This is purely to get people to buy into the included (and exclusive) accessories.

Aaaaand-Its-Gone.jpg

Not sure what to do with my preorder. I'm considering selling it and making a quick buck, but my wife kinda wants it. Decisions, decisions. 🤔🤔🤔

Syranth

I happened to find out they were available pretty close to when it went live last night. Got one for my son's birthday since this was pretty much everything he was asking for (Switch, game and case).

And before anyone think's he's spoiled I'm making him pay for 2/3 of it.

Edit: Now to play the waiting game and see if Walmart cancels. They do that quite a bit now days.

I happened to find out they were available pretty close to when it went live last night. Got one for my son's birthday since this was pretty much everything he was asking for (Switch, game and case).

And before anyone think's he's spoiled I'm making him pay for 2/3 of it.

Edit: Now to play the waiting game and see if Walmart cancels. They do that quite a bit now days.
Isn't that some sort of child labour though?

Jk ofcourse :p. You don't have to excuse such an awesome gift man! I'm sure he'll love it!

Pau

We have a Switch in the house already, but I'm still considering getting another one so my boyfriend and I can play Splatoon 2 together. Probably a good thing for my wallet that it sells out before I can get it.

ggx2ac

Bumping this as a reminder the bundle is coming out this week on September 8th. Check the OP for more details.

adroit

It's now "out of stock". I ordered one yesterday. Guess I bought the last one. 8D

I finally caved because of Xeno Chron 2. I need a game to play until December 1st (when XC2 is released) and I decided that game will be Splat 2. I also bought the Wii U Splatoon console bundle so it's tradition for me. Gotta buy the Splatoon edition of every Nintendo console. Some day the cardboard boxes will be worth millions (in my dreams).

adroit

Now instead of being "out of stock" it's available from low-life flipping scum instead. I guess that's the end of that. I wonder if my order is actually going to ship. It's still in "preparing" status.

Zedark

Oh, looks like they finally sold out of Splatoon 2 bundles (edit: online at least). Either it wasn't quite as hot a bundle for the US audience, or the shipment was just massive, since it lasted for 17 days.

adroit

These are instore, I saw 6 yesterday at my local Super Walmart.

My local Walmart has a shelf tag for it but no stock and the web site says there are none in stock within 50 miles (there were when the bundle launched). They do have some gray ones in our local store. If my order doesn't ship tonight I'm going to assume it's stillborn (inventory error) and cancel it and buy a gray one.

UPDATE 1: My Splatoon bundle has shipped. I'll be a kid and a squid on Wednesday.

UPDATE 2: Huh. It's back in stock again. The web site now says even some local stores have them. How does the stock situation yo-yo like this so quickly? It makes me wonder if Walmart has something to do with these "third-party" sellers.

Top Bottom