• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo switch UK price £279.99

jeffers

2nd time around, still not having it :p got transcripts? they are saying they havew guidance to contact the manufacturer now and so cant do partial refunds.

Tattooth

So really they're sending you a free pair of Joy-Cons. Or can you just take the £70 discount and leave it at that?

No, I got an email saying the money is going in my bank.

Initial Question: Hi, I ordered a Nintendo Switch which was delivered at the beginning of march. There is a known issue where the controllers keep losing connection and stop working. I have seen that some people have been getting replacement controllers from Amazon. I was wondering if this is a wide policy, as my controllers consistently stop working.

Above is what I said

update, got the £69.99 on a giftcard to buy joycons :)
That's so lucky. Amazon repeatedly told me they could not offer more than 15% for the partial refund... did you spend more than £280 on your initial console order? I only spent £280, maybe that's why I was offered only half.

Profanity

ughhh they were adamant they couldnt process partial refunds (nor credit me), my only option was to refund the whole thing.

That's annoying, I guess it just varies from rep to rep. My guy offered £40 and I asked for £70 because I said I'd seen others getting that amount - he kept going away for a minute to check with a superior I assume, but came back and was fine with it.

jonno394

ughhh they were adamant they couldnt process partial refunds (nor credit me), my only option was to refund the whole thing.

I typically get the unhelpful CS reps too, I always read how great they are but never for me :/

If I wanted the skylanders discount they offered people who bought a switch, I had to return my current order, get a refund and re-order with the voucher, then when I asked to be put through to a supervisor he refused to even give me the discount :/

Craft

I typically get the unhelpful CS reps too, I always read how great they are but never for me :/

If I wanted the skylanders discount they offered people who bought a switch, I had to return my current order, get a refund and re-order with the voucher, then when I asked to be put through to a supervisor he refused to even give me the discount :/

That's really annoying jonno you got screwed over for being a good customer, I'd definitely write an email of complaint as it's just not on.

krumble

I've sent them an email but heard nothing. Day 4 today. I'll probably buy a Pro then see if they want to take them to replace.

Why don't you phone their support - I've always found them very helpful

For all queries related to servicing products and repairs please contact:
Nintendo Customer Support
PO Box 4678
Windsor
SL4 9DZ
Email Us: customer-support@nintendo.co.uk
Telephone: +44 (0)345 60 50 247 (Calls charged at National Rate)
When sending any products to the Nintendo Service Centre please always contact a representative on the above number before dispatching. If possible, please also use the original packaging, add a description of the defect and attach thereto a copy of your proof of purchase showing the date thereof.
Telephone: +44 (0)345 60 50 247
(Calls are charged at the National Rate)
Write us an email

krumble

Are Nintendo doing that? So the first batch of joy-cons really are faulty and they've fixed it with newer models?

Guess I should try contacting them then since mine to act up and I only sit a metre away from the thing.

Nintendo are doing this for those that have faulty joycons

Not ALL joycons are faulty though, just some (no one knows why this is although many have speculated)

Zafir

Nintendo are doing this for those that have faulty joycons

Not ALL joycons are faulty though, just some (no one knows why this is although many have speculated)

I think environment is probably a factor too. I'd imagine if you're living in the city inside apartment blocks with a lot of contesting signals, I could see interference being a bigger issue.

jeffers

I think environment is probably a factor too. I'd imagine if you're living in the city inside apartment blocks with a lot of contesting signals, I could see interference being a bigger issue.

had one of those double concentrate bottles of squash infront of my switch earlier, that killed the signal a fair bit

Mr-Joker

Banned
I have been thinking of contacting Nintendo to get a replacement Joycon but my problem is that if I have to send in my faulty one then I am without a way of playing Breath of the Wild as I only have the Joycon.

Phoned Amazon again about receiving £70. They said they'd only refund me the full amount if I had proof (through the user's email address) that others received £70. Ridiculous.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have been thinking of contacting Nintendo to get a replacement Joycon but my problem is that if I have to send in my faulty one then I am without a way of playing Breath of the Wild as I only have the Joycon.

Yeah, I might finish BotW first (the occasional phantom left analogue input hasn't killed me yet) before sending them in.

I want to see if GAME is doing replacements, but I have another issue I want addressed with them first before a muddle them with too many requests (since they seem to struggle with just one)

DagsJT

I ordered mine through Prim Now so had to email. They told me to send it back for a refund and order a replacement, no refund for me.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
£70 is the refund for a pair of joycons. They also sell them individually but only if you got the grey ones!! So maybe neon get £70 refunded and grey gets £40. Sucks!

ineji

Neo Member
That's so lucky. Amazon repeatedly told me they could not offer more than 15% for the partial refund... did you spend more than £280 on your initial console order? I only spent £280, maybe that's why I was offered only half.

no it was just the console, i spent the 279.99. I did only get credit though, not a refund.

£70 is the refund for a pair of joycons. They also sell them individually but only if you got the grey ones!! So maybe neon get £70 refunded and grey gets £40. Sucks!

I got the grey console, the rep asked me how much I was expecting and I just sent a link to the joycons page and she said £69.99

mrklaw

MrArseFace
My orzly protector finally turned up. Only one alcohol wipe for two protectors and no hinge stickers but overall it seems ok. Just plopped it on using the cutouts to line it up and then dropped it on

Hey! Cornish GAF for the win! :) I'm from near St Austell...

From near St Ives here.

My orzly protector finally turned up. Only one alcohol wipe for two protectors and no hinge stickers but overall it seems ok. Just plopped it on using the cutouts to line it up and then dropped it on

Mine came as well. I just used the dust stickers as hinges.

G-Hub sent out a replacement today as well, so I will have three of the buggers soon.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
First rep checked with supervisor, I got disconnected.

Next rep read previous chat but couldn't access my order for some reason! Restarted browser.

3rd rep instantly referred me to Nintendo without even sounding sorry about it. When I asked if there was nothing they could do they said "sure here's Nintendo's contact details!"

Tried one more time and 4th rep was amazing "I have 3 options for you, a return and replace option, a return and full refund option, or a £42 refund - which do you prefer?"

So clean and concise. I wonder why it differs so much, surely they just have a list of procedures and processes they can offer.

Anyway happy with the refund, covers the cost of a grey joycon!

Zafir

From near St Ives here.

Mine came as well. I just used the dust stickers as hinges.

G-Hub sent out a replacement today as well, so I will have three of the buggers soon.

Are we sure these aren't the replacements arriving? The ones which I had arrive today had a Royal Mail 24 sticker on.

I'd like another two since I didn't have much luck applying the first two (not terrible, but two bits of dust on the screen which is occasionally noticeable). Not hopeful. Will probably end up buying some more later.

That said I may end up having to buy more anyway as I kind of want to see if Nintendo will remove dust from under my screen when they finally add a way to backup your saves.

Are we sure these aren't the replacements arriving? The ones which I had arrive today had a Royal Mail 24 sticker on.

I'd like another two since I didn't have much luck applying the first two (not terrible, but two bits of dust on the screen which is occasionally noticeable). Not hopeful. Will probably end up buying some more later.

That said I may end up having to buy more anyway as I kind of want to see if Nintendo will remove dust from under my screen when they finally add a way to backup your saves.

It's not my replacement as they asked for my address so they could send it and because i was busy i didn't have a chance to give it to them until 10:30 last night.

BraXzy

Amazon customer support is bizarre, tried a fair few reps before one offered me something towards replacement Joy-Cons. I got a tonne of "contact Nintendo sorry" before one rep offered me £10 credit. I said it doesn't really come close to the £70 a pair costs and after going to his supervisor a couple of times, came back with £56 gift credit.

I'm off to chesire oaks today and I thought I would check the argos stock checker there, and they had the grey one in stock! Reserved one and picking it up later on.

Deja

Both myself and my friend are having massive issues with our Neon left Joy Con. He's sat a bit further away than me, at around 6ft from his dock, whereas I'm probably sat 2-3ft away from mine.

He bought a second set of grey-cons and uploaded a video of him testing the two out in the same conditions. The difference is night and day. With the grey one, he can put his dock inside a closed wooden entertainment centre and it still works perfectly, without a hiccup, the Neon one will not even connect to the system.

We've both been on the phone with Nintendo and are sending our Joy-Cons back. I think it's a bit of a piss take that I'll be without my Joy-Cons for 3-10 working days. I even offered to buy a new set, and have them refund me when they get mine. No dice. I understand they can't just send out new ones to everyone on good faith, but really, it's their shitty manufacturing and now I have to wait potentially 10 days to get my shit back that should've been working in the first place? Man, that sucks.

If the save for Zelda could be transferred off the system, I would 100% be returning my switch and waiting for all this bullshit to be sorted out.

Out of my friends, 6 of us bought them and only 2 of us have had no issues whatsoever. Some of us have bent docks, I and one other have a dodgy left con. My right Joy Con also makes a horrible grinding sound sometimes on the analog stick too. QC FTW.

Is it possible to get World of Goo from the US eshop?

I created a US account but my card isn't being accepted. Seems like a zip code issue.

Jonnax

Oh wow. I'm surprised at how many people are having issues.

Was thinking of getting a second set for Mario Kart but I think I'll just get the pro controller, if the price drops a bit.

The_Lump

Banned
Joycons seemed ok (never really play with them outside of cradle or in portable mode) - but I did notice one playing up the other day, and it felt laggy when I was far from the screen playing 1-2 Switch. So just incase, I contacted Amazon...

1st Amazon offered me replacement console (no thanks, I'd lose my saves)

2nd Amazon offered me 15% refund (I mentioned this wouldn't be enough to get a
replacement set of joy cons, but ok if that's all they can offer)

3rd Finally offered me £70 to get a new set. Yipee!

Moobabe

Joycons seemed ok (never really play with them outside of cradle or in portable mode) - but I did notice one playing up the other day, and it felt laggy when I was far from the screen playing 1-2 Switch. So just incase, I contacted Amazon...

1st Amazon offered me replacement console (no thanks, I'd lose my saves)

2nd Amazon offered me 15% refund (I mentioned this wouldn't be enough to get a
replacement set of joy cons, but ok if that's all they can offer)

3rd Finally offered me £70 to get a new set. Yipee!

This makes it sound like Amazon is the place to go for Switches. Anyone have any experience dealing with refunds etc with anyone else?

Theonik

Amazon is usually the place to go for most things these days overall.
Had some friends that were picking it up from Game. Always thought they were crazy in thinking buying retail makes taking care of problems easier considering my experience with Game.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
definitely Amazon. wouldn't trust anywhere else. at a push maybe tesco. had bad experiences with GAME + Argos. Amazon have always replaced or refunded items no hassle. They once even offered a full refund of £460 on my old laptop after 2 years because Acer wouldn't deal with it but luckily i fixed it and didn't need to return it. and they replaced my 3DS XL twice because of a faulty analog stick/dead pixels.

i'll happily wait until the end of the month and know Amazon will sort anything out should it happen instead of going to the likes of GAME, argos, tesco, smyths, etc.

Top Bottom