• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo switch UK price £279.99

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
CEX are selling the Switch for £340

Was in there the other day and it was £350. Chancers! For a second hand switch? No way. Wouldn't even pay that for a new one.

The Neon Set is £350, the Grey one is £340.
Was the grey one i saw for £350.
___

My amazon order of the neon is now saying 1st-2nd april for delivery. Grey is 'temporarily out of stock' now instead of in stock 31st march. I see also tesco are saying 7th april is their next batch.

I'm hoping and praying my switch won't have any problems. I so badly want to play Zelda. It'll be so disappointing if there is anything wrong with it and I need to send it back.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Nintendos website has little text saying initial stock sold out BUT THATS OUT OF DATE.

My friend ordered last Thursday and it arrived the next day.

Another friend ordered Friday and it's arriving this week. 2 year warranties!

JoeNut

finally got my ozrly tempered glass protector, really impressed. not actually sure why you get 2 in a pack though...

got an email from amazon about the joycon issue just saying contact nintendo basically...will try the chat this lunchtime

harz-marz

I just got my Switch at the weekend and already having Joy con issues, gutted. It's the left one and it seems to desync very regularly!

My switch is behind my TV right beside my wifi router, is this the likely cause of the issue? I don't think I can really separate the switch and router much further but may try later.

Also, what is the number 1 recommended glass screen protector?

Thanks!

Edit: just bought the Ozrly ones!

JoeNut

I just got my Switch at the weekend and already having Joy con issues, gutted. It's the left one and it seems to desync very regularly!

My switch is behind my TV right beside my wifi router, is this the likely cause of the issue? I don't think I can really separate the switch and router much further but may try later.

Also, what is the number 1 recommended glass screen protector?

Thanks!

yes move the dock so it's not blocked and not next to the router, if possible.

as above my ozrly ones are really very good, from amazon

harz-marz

yes move the dock so it's not blocked and not next to the router, if possible.

as above my ozrly ones are really very good, from amazon

Cheers man! Will play around with my setup later. Really impressed with it in handheld mode, can see me using this mode more often anyways.

Next on the list...Pro Controller and case. My wallet weeps!

Was in there the other day and it was £350. Chancers! For a second hand switch? No way. Wouldn't even pay that for a new one.

Was the grey one i saw for £350.
___

My amazon order of the neon is now saying 1st-2nd april for delivery. Grey is 'temporarily out of stock' now instead of in stock 31st march. I see also tesco are saying 7th april is their next batch.

I'm hoping and praying my switch won't have any problems. I so badly want to play Zelda. It'll be so disappointing if there is anything wrong with it and I need to send it back.

There's no such thing as a second hand switch. Cex are known to buy in new games and consoles and sell them at increased prices as second hand. The Cex at Googde Street London has like 6 Switchs available.

BraXzy

There's no such thing as a second hand switch. Cex are known to buy in new games and consoles and sell them at increased prices as second hand. The Cex at Googde Street London has like 6 Switchs available.

The way they dealt with mine when I sold my spare one to them, it wouldn't surprise me if it looks second hand when they sell it on.

B_Signal

I'm not sure if people are still struggling to find stock, but the Sainsbury in Fallowfield (Manchester) has got stock of the grey (best) Switch

harz-marz

So the USB C thread has advised against me using my Nexus 6P charger...

Any recommendations on wall plugs and cables that are 100% safe? Ideally I want one that I can plug multiple USB C devices into (6P, Switch, MacBook Pro)

Thanks!

So the USB C thread has advised against me using my Nexus 6P charger...

Any recommendations on wall plugs and cables that are 100% safe? Ideally I want one that I can plug multiple USB C devices into (6P, Switch, MacBook Pro)

Thanks!

How come? I've had no issues using my Google pixel charger with it

Semajer

Has anyone with the left Joy-Con issue successfully contacted Nintendo UK and had a replacement or repair? If so what method of contact did you use? The repair contact form seems to be broken, and I haven't had a reply from the e-mail I sent.

Nintendos website has little text saying initial stock sold out BUT THATS OUT OF DATE.

My friend ordered last Thursday and it arrived the next day.

Another friend ordered Friday and it's arriving this week. 2 year warranties!

Has anybody ordered from Nintendo since Friday?

I've currently got an order with Amazon but I might place on order on here if they are actually in stock.

Edit: i've just placed an order and it's given me an estimated dispatch date of today fingers crossed.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

ah ok i didn't know that. i thought they just bought stuff off people. the switch on display definitely looked used though. the screen was in a bit of a state.

______

i've decided to cancel my switch order. just don't feel comfortable dropping £340 for the console + zelda when there are so many reports of hardware issues including the joycon issues. waiting on a second hand wii u coming today. not bad for £185 got zelda + a pro controller with it too! i'll probably pick a switch up next year if they do a revision.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be

I've currently got an order with Amazon but I might place on order on here if they are actually in stock.

Edit: i've just placed an order and it's given me an estimated dispatch date of today fingers crossed.

Good one :D Best of luck!

I ordered Sunday, should be receiving a pro controller and Zelda today however the Switch itself is still "Awaiting Stock Pick" with an estimated dispatch date of yesterday

I ordered Sunday, should be receiving a pro controller and Zelda today however the Switch itself is still "Awaiting Stock Pick" with an estimated dispatch date of yesterday

Ah not looking too good then, i've got an order with Amazon as well but that is not estimated to arrive until the beginning of April. I got my copy of Zelda on Friday and my pro controller is being delivered today.

Has anyone with the left Joy-Con issue successfully contacted Nintendo UK and had a replacement or repair? If so what method of contact did you use? The repair contact form seems to be broken, and I haven't had a reply from the e-mail I sent.

Yup, give them a ring or on their live chat. The message facility is knackered, or they just ignore it.

Bumhead

Banned
Does amending Amazon orders still chuck you to the back of the queue?

Received an email that Zelda was preparing for despatch, but it was still charging me £57 for that whereas the new stock of Zelda on Amazon itself is only £48. Removed Zelda from my own order, placed alongside a Switch, but now the delivery information for the Switch itself has become really vague. It's gone from showing an expected delivery of 1st-2nd April, to "We need a little more time to provide delivery information".

Am I already dead?

Omikaru

Had a load of reward points (I buy Steam/PSN/eShop Credit from them) so I took the plunge on GAME's website last Thursday. Also grabbed a Pro Controller and Zelda which have both arrived, but no Switch just yet. Not even an inclination that it's going to ship anytime soon.

I'm patient, so very patient. Anyone else here waiting on GAME? Any ideas on when they're getting restocked?

The wait continues. My Amazon Zelda order has been moved up by two weeks to this Friday.

However, my Amazon Switch order's ETA remains a mystery.

I'm going to have fun looking at the game box for two weeks, aren't I? :p

I keep checking stock elsewhere but Amazon has always treated me well so I feel more confident purchasing from there than anywhere else.

Argos occasionally had stock in, but if you ever try to take anything back (fearing a bent dock or dead pixels) it's a nightmare.

Does amending Amazon orders still chuck you to the back of the queue?

Received an email that Zelda was preparing for despatch, but it was still charging me £57 for that whereas the new stock of Zelda on Amazon itself is only £48. Removed Zelda from my own order, placed alongside a Switch, but now the delivery information for the Switch itself has become really vague. It's gone from showing an expected delivery of 1st-2nd April, to "We need a little more time to provide delivery information".

Am I already dead?

Amazon orders are price change guaranteed. If it changes between order and dispatch the order should have updated with the new price or you would have been refunded the difference.

The wait continues. My Amazon Zelda order has been moved up by two weeks to this Friday.

However, my Amazon Switch order's ETA remains a mystery.

I'm going to have fun looking at the game box for two weeks, aren't I? :p

I keep checking stock elsewhere but Amazon has always treated me well so I feel more confident purchasing from there than anywhere else.

Argos occasionally had stock in, but if you ever try to take anything back (fearing a bent dock or dead pixels) it's a nightmare.

I'm going through the exact same thing right now! My Amazon order is currently supposed to be delivered at the beginning of April.

I've placed an order on Nintendo store as well just to increase my chances of it arriving earlier, whichever order moves first i'll just cancel the other one.

Literally sat staring at Zelda, Pro controller and screen protectors :(

Beegeous

Hey neighbour!

I got mine from Very and am prepared to just wait it out!

I was day 1 from Game in the Arndale. My office is in the Northern Quarter so popped in before work and excluding the midnight release peeps I was the first Mancunian Switch owner!

[/Smug]

Finally got my shipping label from Nintendo about sending back the Joycons. Came with some interesting documentation about how to send my stuff back...

iYNoW7t.jpg

gGvcMy5.jpg

I went into GAME today. They said they should be getting another wave next week and it's 20 to preorder I said is it the neon one he said no just grey.. Then he said you can buy the neon controllers separately if you want and showed me the snipperclips bundle. I told him those colours are reversed he said no its not and I just left lol.

Is no one aware that the colours are reversed? I've already bought the Snipperclips bundle and it means when I do get the neon switch I can go full red or full blue if I wish.

Not sure why anyone would buy the grey switch when the coloured ones are "limited" to the console! Unless you don't plan on buying any extra joycons.

Maybe some people don't want the neon ones.....? You don't need neon joycons to buy extra joycons either, your post is very confusing.

I mean some people like to have "all colours" but don't realise that the neon console and Neon joycons sold separately are reversed that's all. Maybe it doesn't matter but you'd be surprised how many people don't know this.

I mean some people like to have "all colours" but don't realise that the neon console and Neon joycons sold separately are reversed that's all. Maybe it doesn't matter but you'd be surprised how many people don't know this.

Fair enough comment, I personally got the grey as I wasn't bothered which colour it came with and I only ordered the day before release. If I fancy the neon I can get the reversed ones, it wouldn't bother me they are reversed.

Fair enough comment, I personally got the grey as I wasn't bothered which colour it came with and I only ordered the day before release. If I fancy the neon I can get the reversed ones, it wouldn't bother me they are reversed.

As long as you aren't bothered it's no big deal at all. At GAME they thought I was a lunatic and was making stuff up lol. I just want the ability to go all blue or all red and then if I want the grey joycons I can always buy them separately. I just feel if you are going to get more joycons it makes more sense to get the neon console because that's the only way you can have those specific colours, and then get either the reverse colour joy cons, grey joy cons or both separately.

I gave in and pre ordered on the Nintendo store in the end.

Top Bottom