• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Treehouse Live - September 12th (Smash 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad, more)

Status
Not open for further replies.

balohna

I'm not going to hold my breath, but I would love to see more Splatoon. As in, not the same E3 demo again but a newer build and a different stage.

I feel like we're seeing the evolution of the Nintendo direct.

Or Iwata is not feeling good enough to host things anymore.

Then again, even when he seemed well, they seemed to be transitioning from the standard Direct in Directs themselves.

I want to see the dude one day again though, hope he's doing alright.

DaBoss

So I'm not sure whether anyone noticed or not, but I made the last to Nintendo Live threads, but I won't be able to keep it updated, so if anyone else can make one, that would be better. Just stating this assuming people would wait for me or something.

Here is the logo for this event:
liveattreehousefgsrx.png

And if you want for reference, the last two threads:
Live @ E3: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=834812
Live @ SDCC: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=861871

BY2K

Membero Americo

Then again, even when he seemed well, they seemed to be transitioning from the standard Direct in Directs themselves.

Well he did the NEW 3DS Direct, so he's recovering.

He took quite a bit of old age, though. :(

Velcro Fly

They could still have Reggie do it.

I think they like the streaming to show off games and the positive response it got at E3. Showing someone actual play the game instead of a canned 2 minute long trailer is so much better.

Cbajd5

Now that i think about it since this will most likely take place during/for a while after the Japanese Smash 3DS launch will they possibly play online against normal Japanese players?

I can definitely see why they probably wouldn't, but I think it'd be fun(ny).

Do I have to feel bad if I prefer other game's news than Smash? I mean, at least I'll see Erik playing it, but we'll mostly get all the information we need in some early release in Japan.

why did Pokémon X have to be sold early in Canada and not this

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Do I have to feel bad if I prefer other game's news than Smash? I mean, at least I'll see Erik playing it, but we'll mostly get all the information we need in some early release in Japan.

why did Pokémon X have to be sold early in Canada and not this
No, there's going to be a billion streams for Smash very soon.

TreIII

I feel like we're seeing the evolution of the Nintendo direct.

I would argue we've been seeing it for a while, now. For example, Nintendo had to see the kind of positive response they got from their "Digital Event" at E3 this year, vs. the "E3 Direct" they had at last year's.

And in Japan, it seems to be similar. Nintendo has been getting much more mileage out of having events that can be streamed through Nico.

It really just seems like that we're seeing a logical progression of how Nintendo does these Digital events. Enough "spectacle" to enthrall those who want some type of stage show, but still with enough good information for those of us who just want to see these games in motion and learn about them.

Chaos17

Or Nintendo focus on what's important : gameplay, REAL gameplay and not some bullshit PR talk.

That's what I liked with E3 Tree house live, they were natural and you could really tell, they no lifed the game before presenting it. They aren't trying to brainwash you with "look all the revolutinary features we haveeeeee". No, they just enjoy themselves.

jmizzal

PLEASE let this be the "Fall Conference" of sorts where we get legit new retail Wii U game announcements and such. :(

Prob wont happen since its NA focused

I think we get Smash Bros WiiU, Amiibo and Toad release dates
And new Smash characters

At best they will talk about some 2015 games but thats even a stretch

Richie

I wonder if Europe is going to have an equivalent to this so it can be a worldwide event.

Also, guys...How realistic are the chances that they announce N64 VC support for the Wii U in this, and a close date? :(

Wendler

Banned
PLEASE let this be the "Fall Conference" of sorts where we get legit new retail Wii U game announcements and such. :(

The suppossed "Fall Conference" is and never was a real thing.

And if we would get even one new game announcement, the last sentence would have mentioned it somehow, just like the Treehouse Comic Con panel mentioned "surprises", even though they were nothing special.

The Treehouse is just doing what people demanded they should do; create more events similar to the E3 Treehouse event.

Or Nintendo focus on what's important : gameplay, REAL gameplay and not some bullshit PR talk.

That's what I liked with E3 Tree house live, they were natural and you could really tell, they no lifed the game before presenting it. They aren't trying to brainwash you with "look all the revolutinary features we haveeeeee". No, they just enjoy themselves.

No one sounds more PRey than Audrey.

They need to bring new games and content. Who is interested in watching an E3 reprise for the third time? Not many people.

I'm over Hyrule Warriors, Fantasy Life, Bayonetta, Smash Bros, etc. Either show new stuff or don't bother.

They need to bring new games and content. Who is interested in watching an E3 reprise for the third time? Not many people.

I'm over Hyrule Warriors, Fantasy Life, Bayonetta, Smash Bros, etc. Either show new stuff or don't bother.

Yep. Exposure is good for marketing, but yeah we've seen enough of that stuff, bring on NEW games, it's been 3 months since E3 and Sony had NO trouble showing new games on both PS4 and Vita the other day.

We had the JP Directs for 1st and 3rd-party 3DS games, it's time for more on Wii U, the console that's been abandoned by 3rd-parties so Nintendo has to keep up the pace.

Those rumored 3 exclusives are what we need to see. Hopefully a Mario sport game as well as we've not seen any yet, make it Strikers 3 at least so we know what NLG is up to!

Kater

Banned

They should just announce Youkai Watch for the west already. :D
ust kidding

But you are right. I want to see other games being shown off besides Smash Bros and the others you already named.

TreIII

Those rumored 3 exclusives are what we need to see. Hopefully a Mario sport game as well as we've not seen any yet, make it Strikers 3 at least so we know what NLG is up to!

As much as I would love to play a third Strikers? After seeing the likes of their apparent Metroid concept, it'd be almost disappointing to see them go back to Strikers immediately.

By all means, I'm hoping they got a chance to revisit that. And maybe, just maybe, we can get at least a glimpse of what Retro is up to now, post-DKC:TF.

If they show fire emblem x shin megami tensei and it looks good, I'm off to buy a wii u this weekend. Or they can announce a new fire emblem or a compilation of all the fire emblems out of nowhere and I will also be pleased.

Kinsei

Banned
Yep. Exposure is good for marketing, but yeah we've seen enough of that stuff, bring on NEW games, it's been 3 months since E3 and Sony had NO trouble showing new games on both PS4 and Vita the other day.

We had the JP Directs for 1st and 3rd-party 3DS games, it's time for more on Wii U, the console that's been abandoned by 3rd-parties so Nintendo has to keep up the pace.

If a new Mario sports game is announced, I hope it's a new Baseball. Superstar Baseball is amazing, and Super Sluggers wasn't bad.

Chaos17

Yeah Nintendo really doesn't have that much to show unfortunately. They have almost no third party support and there are only so many first party studios.

That's what we though and what did Iwata do ?
Drop bombs and few day before we had another bombs about MK8 DLC.
Just saying to not understimate them.

Though, they usually use Nintendo Direct to annouce bombs so I am not really sure if the Tree house will feed us some new infos. Maybe they're things will still don't know about some games ? Only Nintendo knows~

Originally Posted by Sammy Samusu

Then don't watch it.
Not everybody know about them or will buy them soon.
So it's still good to inform people other websites like IGN wouldn't live at all if people don't care about information.

How do you think hype is being created by Destiny ?
By reapeting the same stuffs all over and over again.

No one sounds more PRey than Audrey.
Did you listened to her at least or you hated her because she is blond ?
She never did repeated any revolutionary aweseome XXXX features about the games (not like Sims 4 or Dragon age Inquisition PR, promising you the moon)
All you can say is that she is saying too often the word "cute" and can be a bit spamy. What I saw is a girl who was really playing the games. She tried hard to save the author of Yoshi Wool world, many time, lol.
Also I was generally speaking about the staff, if you've a problem with her that's your problem not mine.

If a new Mario sports game is announced, I hope it's a new Baseball. Superstar Baseball is amazing, and Super Sluggers wasn't bad.

I'm up for any of the current series aside from Hoops/Sports Mix, of course I've not tried either :p, but Golf, Tennis, Baseball, and Strikers are pure gold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom