• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Voice Chat Podcast, Episode 57

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Nintendo coming to IGN with games

- Nintendo also bringing Cave Story, LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias to the IGN offices
- Both coming out very soon
- …And there will be a fourth game they’re bringing, but Craig can’t talk about it since Nintendo hasn’t announced it yet
- Matt says the game came out of nowhere
- Similar situation with Metroid Prime Trilogy
- Judging from what it is, it’s not a B title according to Craig

Maybe it's Monado or Disaster and they just mean Nintendo of America hasn't announced it yet?

neo2046

yoopoo said:
http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=25834#more-25834
Nintendo coming to IGN with games
- …And there will be a fourth game they’re bringing, but Craig can’t talk about it since Nintendo hasn’t announced it yet
- Matt says the game came out of nowhere
- Similar situation with Metroid Prime Trilogy
- Judging from what it is, it’s not a B title according to Craig

Super Mario Collection ? I rerembered nintendo registered this earlier

personal hope :/
Starfox & Starfox 64 Collection with renewal graphic !!
F-Zero GX with WFC that available 12~16 vechicles match online !!

Linkhero1

neo2046 said:

When was it registered? I'm starting to think it's going to be some sort of collection and nothing really new. I wouldn't mind if it comes in a tin ;)

Captain N

neo2046 said:

Super Mario Football(American) from Retro probably.

They will probably hold F-Zero for Wii HD...probably even a launch title.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
What's considered A-tier for Nintendo in the eyes of an enthusiast gamer? Mario and Zelda seems to be the ones that come most to mind, but I doubt they're doing compilations for those titles. Starfox, Fzero, and Pikmin? Hmmm..

VegaShinra

BorkBork said:
What's considered A-tier for Nintendo in the eyes of an enthusiast gamer? Mario and Zelda seems to be the ones that come most to mind, but I doubt they're doing compilations for those titles. Starfox, Fzero, and Pikmin? Hmmm..
I thought a compilation at first of Mario Sunshine and Zelda: Wind Waker with the new controls.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Rush2thestart said:
Haha I laughed at the comment about A Boy and His Blob.

"This is a story about you and Bozon?" - to Matt

But who is the manchild and who is the blob?

Don't answer.

BorkBork

VegaShinra said:
I thought a compilation at first of Mario Sunshine and Zelda: Wind Waker with the new controls.

Unlike Jungle Beat, Pikmin, or Prime, those games don't really benefit at all from motion or pointer controls, so I don't know...

GDGF

Soothsayer
VegaShinra said:

I always figured those games were designed with the Wiimote in mind back when the Wiimote was going to be an accessory for the Gamecube.

If so, they might have left out a good bit of content and features more suited to the Wii when they were originally released. If they put that stuff back in and rereleased these games as a package deal it would be pretty awesome.

Guessing is fun :lol

Hiltz

Interesting. I wonder what that new project is.

We know Project Sora is working on something new. However, it is highly unlikely that they have much in the way to show given that the studio pretty much just opened up and was acquired by Nintendo as a first-party developer at the beginning of this year.

Retro Studios confirmed that it is working on something new but it can't be their project since they said they won't have anything to show or talk about until most likely sometime next year.

I doubt it is a Next Level Games since the developer released Punch-Out!! earlier this year and it seems they seem to work on one project at a time.

It could be Monster Games but then again they're not known for making A quality titles.

We know Treasure is busy finishing up development on Sin & Punishment 2.

It could possibly be something from Factor 5(or whatever their new name is).

Monolith Soft seems to be preoccupied with working on 1-2 DS titles and the developer released Disaster Day of Crisis last year.

It can't be that Spawn Smasher title or Endless Ocean 2 since we already knew about them.

Could be Camelot though it is currently working on Golden Sun for the DS.

It could be the vaporware title, Sadness. :lol

BorkBork

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Being able to change the wind direction on the fly using the pointer would be ACE.

While they're at it, they should add in a couple more dungeons!

Yeah, I doubt it will happen. :lol

I love the idea of a New Play Control Wind Waker. I would definitely play it with motion controls...think of its usage with the Wind Waker, sailing, bow & arrow, etc.

Xellos

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Being able to change the wind direction on the fly using the pointer would be ACE.

This. Stopping to change wind direction all the time was annoying. I would pay full price for a NPC Wind Waker with on-the-fly wind control and the two unfinished dungeons.

Hiltz

BrandNew said:
I love the idea of a New Play Control Wind Waker. I would definitely play it with motion controls...think of its usage with the Wind Waker, sailing, bow & arrow, etc.

After having played Zelda: Twilight Princess, I can not for the life of me go back to controlling Wind Waker's bow and arrow with the GameCube controller. The Wii controls made the bow and arrow in TP way faster and more precise (without using lock on)

GDGF

Soothsayer
BorkBork said:
While they're at it, they should add in a couple more dungeons!

Yeah, I doubt it will happen. :lol

Now if those dungeons were left out because they were highly dependent on Wiimote functions, that would be a nice bit of intrigue.

AniHawk

What if it was Wind Waker Director's Cut with the dungeons that were left out and no triforce quest? Best game of all-time guaranteed.

Or maybe it's an OoT remake with next Zelda's controls and a new level.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Surgeon Rocket said:
Maybe it's Monado or Disaster and they just mean Nintendo of America hasn't announced it yet?

Monado was announced at E3, so no.

Disaster was also announced for a NA release originally. My guess is that Treasure is working on StarFox Wii now that they finished with Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Sky.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Regulus Tera said:
Monado was announced at E3, so no.

Disaster was also announced for a NA release originally. My guess is that Treasure is working on StarFox Wii now that they finished with Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Sky.

But it would have to be far enough along for a demo disc to be sent to them.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Regulus Tera said:
STOP CRUSHING MY DREAMS GODDAMMIT

It's probably a compilation or NPC of an "A-level" game, or a game not announced for an NA release... Odd they would use the term for it though... even if not directly.

J-Rock

Banned
I wonder if it will be that Project Sora title that is being directed by Sakurai.

Hmmm...or maybe Retro's new game.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
J-Rock said:
I wonder if it will be that Project Sora title that is being directed by Sakurai.

Hmmm...or maybe Retro's new game.

Oh yeah, that makes sense. And since it's an NA developer, an NA site getting something wouldn't be completely out of the question... probably too much to hope for though...

It's not a brand new game, people. Why the hell would they drop off a game like that, with no press or marketing, at IGN just for shits and giggles?

AniHawk

BrandNew said:
It's not a brand new game, people. Why the hell would they drop off a game like that, with no press or marketing, at IGN just for shits and giggles?

Well they managed to get 100k+ sales out of The Conduit

Instro

BrandNew said:

Nintendo operates outside of normalcy though don't they. And I cant imagine IGN is the only one getting to see this anyway.

At a guess though it could be something like Cosmic Walker or that other one Dynamic Slash, maybe even FF4. I hope and dream for Starfox, F-zero, Kirby, etc.

Hiltz

Ya know it may just turn out to be another GameCube Wiimake but one that may not have been enough to get IGN excited about. Even though they couldn't comment on the "new title" they didn't exactly seem all that thrilled about it. Hopefully, that is not the case.

True, we really haven't heard much about Dynamic Slash or that mysterious Kirby game that keeps popping up on Nintendo's release lists.Still, both of those games are confirmed.

I would kill for a remake of Starfox 64. The only franchise left that I want the most on the Wii.

BorkBork

AniHawk said:
What if it was Wind Waker Director's Cut with the dungeons that were left out and no triforce quest? Best game of all-time guaranteed.

I would buy that for a dollar.

Black-Wind said:
Yeah . . . In fact I think old 8-16 bit type music would even work.

Dude that would be fucking awesome if they put classic music in it!

Hiltz said:
We know Treasure is busy finishing up development on Sin & Punishment 2.

Sin & Punishment 2 was already announced for the US. Plus the game is already done, it releases in Japan at the end of the month.

GCX

People hoping stuff like a new Retro or Project Sora game, that's not gonna happen. Those are big-budget AAA games that need a lot of pre-release hype and not some smaller budget stuff like Excitebots Nintendo announces a month before release.

Razien

Banned
Staccat0 said:
Project Hammer
:lol

Came here to say that, but I'm serious.
I mean, NSTs been doing nothing but ds ports for YEARS. They had enough time to do a game, polish the hell out of it, and then take long, nice vacations.

Still, some kind of compilation of remakes is more likely, as they compare it with mp trilogy and say it is going to be shown with wiiware games. Maybe that registered Mario Collection...

VariantX

AniHawk said:

OMG, shut up! stop telling me things i want to hear but know will never come true! Get out of my dreams! lol

The unannounced Nintendo game is going to be Eco Shooter Plant 530. If Nintendo are bringing over a bunch of Wii Ware games then its very likely that the other secret game is also a Wii Ware title.

For those not in the know, it seems like the game is being developed by Intelligent Systems, so it may be one to keep an eye on!

[Nintex]

Pilotwings Wii, taken from the corpse of Factor 5 or Wave Race from NST.
Probably announced the same way as ExciteBots.

BrandNew said:
Well they didn't even announce Excite Bots suddenly something called Excite Bots ended up on the releaselist and everyone was like: "wut?".

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Man Icarus

BELIEVE

Nuclear Muffin said:
The unannounced Nintendo game is going to be Eco Shooter Plant 530. If Nintendo are bringing over a bunch of Wii Ware games then its very likely that the other secret game is also a Wii Ware title.

For those not in the know, it seems like the game is being developed by Intelligent Systems, so it may be one to keep an eye on!

If it's an unannounced title - according to IGN - why would you think it's a game that has been announced and dated for release (Q4 2009, IIRC)? I appreciate that we know next-to-nothing about the game, but it's out there and not something IGN would know nothing about.

Sadist

Guess the Americas finally get Disaster. No, wait, that's not right.

Still think it will the localization of Another Code R. The best thing would be Fatal Frame IV hitting western shores. Maybe Nintendo en Tecmo finally set aside their differences?

Jethro

So much for "we are not going to announce a new game for the rest of the year".

Hopefully it's not Disaster or Another Code.

Captain N said:
maybe kirby tilt and tumble wiiware title with motion plus controls?

Yes. Not sure M+ would be needed, though. Could be retail too.

Also Zelda Four Swords Wii/DS.

Everyone hoping for Disaster or Another Code (even though they are already in English) and I'm here alone wishing for the impossible -- getting Captain Rainbow localized. Seems much more interesting than the aforementioned titles.

Top Bottom