• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World 2011 8-10 Jan [Update: neoGAF geekin' out to quality game music]

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
3-5 hours of Battery life? With a 1300 mAh battery and 2x Arm11 @233Mhz? Something doesn't compute. Maybe Pica200 is at 400Mhz? :p

seady

Tetris 3D

sft_tetris_axis_main.jpg

Balb said:
Expensive AND crappy battery life? Is this Nintendo?

This is what I don't get. Battery life is one of those things you can always guarantee on Nintendo getting right. One of those fundamentals Nintendo 'gets' and others don't.

This is troubling.

entremet

Balb said:
Expensive AND crappy battery life? Is this Nintendo?
Fidelity always takes a huge toll on battery life. You guys wanted your awesome graphics, so there's gonna be a sacrifice.

swerve

Empty said:
in my head the sound of air rapidly escaping from a balloon is playing very loudly.

so disappointing to see nintendo ignore the fundamentals.

I agree. 5 hrs, fair enough. 3? Good job i never leave the house.

So is that list the launch lineup (or thereabouts)? They are all listed as Spring so I can't tell.

It's pretty good if it is - past handhelds have done much worse.

Medalion

Banned
Is it just me, or do those two Comedy skit guys look like they have no idea what is going on and have no real interest in the preceedings?

InsaneZero said:
Well now, that's the tradeoff for having your system be on wireless mode the ENTIRE TIME.

Yeeeeah wait a minute. That's gotta be toggle-able, right? I don't care about that shit, certainly not 24/7 anyway. If it's 3 - 5 hours with WiFi it's like 6-8 if you can turn it off.

wwm0nkey

Im honestly fine with this, I never play more than 3 hours on a portable outside my house and when I play it inside my house its usually plugged in when I play...also you know there will be extended batteries.

Kard8p3

People are surprised by the battery life? It's what I was expecting based on what we knew about the system. I'm always to busy to play handhelds outside the house anyway so it won't be a problem for me.

WillyFive

Medalion said:
Is it just me, or do those two Comedy skit guys look like they have no idea what is going on and have no real interest in the preceedings?

That's probably the joke, because the audience is laughing and applauding.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
meppi said:
My my. Another GAF overreaction? Why color me surprised.

my my another shitty "30,000 people must all have the same opinion because i saw some guy say something" generalization? why color me surprised

Top Bottom