• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World 2011 8-10 Jan [Update: neoGAF geekin' out to quality game music]

seady

sft_kingdom_hearts_3d_main.jpg

sft_time_travelers_main.jpg

sft_professor-hershel-layton_vs_gyakusai_main.jpg

Spiegel

Teetris said:
3 hours is aight. PSP did it and it was fine for the first year, then you of course upgraded the battery or bought a second one.

Graphical update = worth it

I'm fine with 3-5 hrs of battery life, but 3.5 hrs to charge is outrageous.

At least the psp is charges the battery really fast.

Vinci

Danish
Yeah.

Battery = crap.

Are you guys sure we're not getting a Sony conference by mistake? Or do Iwata and Miyamoto have no idea how to collaborate on a system?

I haven't read through this thread all the way: Have they said anything about its online system?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
farnham said:
3hours was the very reason i did not even think about buying a psp for a very very long time
That's a shame. But you can't expect a graphical powerhouse to not have slim battery life. All about being an early adopter

edit, they have Mii's running around in real life :lol

Ericescobar15

Neo Member
Neogaf and their wi-fi jumptoconclusionmats.

I presume that 3-5 is worst case scenario. As in everything is firing on that thing.

I hope.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
klez said:
Did a quick search, here's dsi specs: in highest brightness , dsi battery is only 3-4 hours. Did I also mention in 3ds spec page (and every ds hardware spec page for that matter) a footnote under battery life says battery life depends on the screen brightness. So yea, it is a concern but probably not the end of the world.

It'll undoubtedly be extended when the brightness is not max, wireless is off, and the 3D slider is down. How many people played with their DSi brightness up all the way? It could blind someone.

Amir0x

Banned
Teetris said:
3 hours is aight. PSP did it and it was fine for the first year, then you of course upgraded the battery or bought a second one.

Graphical update = worth it

For the record it was never fine even for the first year. The battery life was and always will be the worst thing about PSP besides the loading times :<

It's not a game breaker for ME only because handhelds for me are always played in little bursts of maybe 2 hours then I return it home to charge. But it does suck

EDIT: PAPER MARIO 3DS WOO

Donnie

3-5 hours will be with everything on and full brightness, and I wouldn't be surprised if its a conservative estimate at that, coming from Nintendo everything is. Still expect to see 6-8 hours easily with medium brightness and WiFi off, which is plenty.

Damn you ninty. i'm gonna feel so bad when you reveal the 3ds lite thats sexy and has double the battery life, why must i be your bitch.

Kenka

What am I watching...

Is that good ? Is that bad ? is that weird ? Is that lame ? Is that awesome ??

I just don't know anymore... just don't know anymore.

Jintor

brandonh83 said:
shit stop playing with the Mii shit and show us some games before the battery runs out

I know you're kidding around, but the device is plugged into a charger right now :lol

Wait, they pulled it out

is it still streaming? shite. Oh, no now they're cheating with a second camera. Hah.

Nintendo-4Life said:
I've already explained my user name forever now.

It was right after the reveal of TP back in 2004 and I was so hyped I just picked this user name (and regretted ever since),but that's really it. I'm sorry but expensive + god awful battery life is NOT what I expected from Nintendo.

Nintendo are not wizards, if previous handhelds had good battery life it's because they were weak on the power and screen side. We know since the reveal that 3ds is powerfull. It was always obvious that battery life would be much worse than ds.

If the psp couldn't do more than 5hours, it was not because sony sucked. The 3ds is way more powerfull than the psp and has two screens so it's expected that it couldn't hold more than 5h of battery life.

That's too bad. I don't think I've ever played a handheld game (really, any game at all) for more than a four hour stretch but I always forget to recharge.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
EvilMario said:
It'll undoubtedly be extended when the brightness is not max, wireless is off, and the 3D slider is down. How many people played with their DSi brightness up all the way? It could blind someone.

I think it's reasonable to ask if brightness down means 5 hours and brightness up means 3 though. I guess it all depends but I don't think they'd throw out this as typical battery life if it was actually covering the most extreme scenarios.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
To clear up any confusion, and you can plug in the text into Google Translate to clarify:

3 to 5 hours when playing a 3ds game

3.5 hour TO CHARGE the 3ds

You guys can resume overreacting now... just be sure to overreact w/ the correct info. :D

Top Bottom