• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's latest eShop sale: Summer Savings (NA Only)

Richie

This applies to North America, prices are in USD

It's live right now and will continue to be so until the morning of September 1st.

3DS

Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations – $14.00 (was $19.99)
Chibi-Robo: Zip-Lash – $20.99 (was $29.99)
Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning – $20.99 (was $29.99)
Kersploosh! – $2.09 (was $2.99)
Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move – $6.99 (was $9.99)
Mighty Switch Force! 2 – $4.19 (was $5.99)
Pushmo – $4.89 (was $6.99)
Scribblenauts Unmasked – $13.99 (was $19.99)
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse – $13.99 (was $19.99)
Super Mario 3D Land – $20.99 (was $29.99)
Super Mario Bros. 3 – $3.49 (was $4.99)
The LEGO Movie Videogame – $13.99 (was $19.99)
Yumi’s Odd Odyssey – $13.99 (was $19.99)
Zelda: A Link Between Worlds – $27.99 (was $39.99)

Wii U

Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations – $14.00 (was $19.99)
Dr. Luigi – $10.49 (was $14.99)
Human Resource Machine – $7.49 (was $9.99)
Just Dance 2015 – $15.00 (was $29.99)
Lovely Planet – $6.99 (was $9.99)
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash – $34.99 (was $49.99)
Mighty Switch Force! 2 – $4.19 (was $5.99)
Rayman Legends – $19.99 (was $39.99)
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse – $13.99 (was $19.99)
Super Mario Bros. – $3.49 (was $4.99)
Super Mario Galaxy – $13.99 (was $19.99)
Swords & Soldiers II – $9.99 (was $19.99)
Yoshi’s Island DS – $6.99 (was $9.99)
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass – $6.99 (was $9.99)
Zelda II – The Adventure of Link – $3.49 (was $4.99)

This neatly list was gotten from Nintendo Everything.

Nothing out of the ordinary, but I figured some would be interested in saving a few bucks on the likes of Super Mario Galaxy.

Regiruler

Swords and Soldiers 2 is absolutely brilliant. It's great for $10, my little brother pesters me to play it with him all the time.

Griss

Underwhelming would be kind.

And damn it I just bought Phantom Hourglass last week. Spoiler:
It's still pretty bad.

Richie

>September 1th
>1th

Either I missed a memo or lol

That'd be "lol" you're looking for, good sir. Taken care of now.

Trying to change the thread title to reflect this is a NA sale, but contacting a mod is hard when the list of online users won't load for me. Is PMing ModBot effective? Did so now.

Richie

Oof. Mario Tennis would've been a neat 15-20 buck title, but 35 is just too high.

Got it for the equivalent of 22 USD physical, Sold shortly afterwards. You're better off setting your eyes on the 64 version, quite more content for much cheaper.

Davey Cakes

Yoshi's Island DS for $7 is a good deal, honestly. It's not a particularly great game but it offers at least some content akin to Yoshi's Island if you're in the mood for that sort of thing.

I bought it used for $18 (cart only) back in the day and I think it was worth it.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I had no clue Phantom Hourglass was on WiiU. Does it hold up? I never got to play it back in the day and loved Wind Waker.

IgMyx.gif

Fewr

Yes!

Link Between Worlds! Bought!

How's the price for Human Resource Machine? Was it lower than this back in the christmas sale or the same?

Richie

Try here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showgroups.php

IIRC PMing ModBot for something like this is similar to PMing an actual toaster.

Thanks a bunch! Yeah this toaster is no Milton...

Yoshi's Island DS for $7 is a good deal, honestly. It's not a particularly great game but it offers at least some content akin to Yoshi's Island if you're in the mood for that sort of thing.

I bought it used for $18 (cart only) back in the day and I think it was worth it.

It came with my brother's DS back in the day and I agree that it's worth the asking price. Not on the level of the original (I think only Wooly World can make that claim) but you're definitely getting your bucks' worth.

maxcriden

Thanks a bunch! Yeah this toaster is no Milton...

My pleasure, I'm sure a mod will gladly assist you.

I didn't realize it was the DS game that's on sale. Here's my LTTP where I sing its untold praises.

LTTP Yoshi's Island DS: A Masterclass in Level Design

I had no clue Phantom Hourglass was on WiiU. Does it hold up? I never got to play it back in the day and loved Wind Waker.

Quoting myself from above :)

Polarizing but IMO wonderful and woefully under-appreciated.

BTW, it has a 90 on MC:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/the-legend-of-zelda-phantom-hourglass

So I can't be alone in thinking so highly of it.

LewieP

Nothing for Europe? Lame. At least we get some Pilotwings discounts on My Nintendo.

It's not uncommon for them to do different sales for Europe around the same time they do them for other regions. Sometimes with overlapping selections. Doesn't happen every time though.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
FWIW I really enjoyed Phantom Hourglass, but I completely understand folks that don't care for the control scheme. It's very much a "To each their own" situation.

preta

It's not much like Wind Waker aside from the sailing and art style, but it's a very good game if you can handle using touch controls for almost everything, including movement. I liked it more than Spirit Tracks overall.

Richie

Oh hey, the thread title was changed. Thanks a bunch!

The much brought up Phantom Hourglass is one of the few titles I could consider getting here, albeit I did just buy Spirit Tracks (physical) the other day...I wonder how puzzles that involve
closing the DS' lid
translate to the VC?

inner-G

Banned
Of course they'd fill up spots in the sale with Wii U NES games, when they look like dark garbage and the games will also be on the NES mini.

topplehat

In for Mario Galaxy, Phantom Hourglass, and Yoshi's Island DS.

On the fence about Mario 3D Land. I have a physical copy and would love a digital one instead but I feel like it could go lower...

Discount the fucking SNES games already Nintendo. You already shitted on NA by not giving us a day one discount like the rest of the world. Cmon.

Richie

Of course they'd fill up spots in the sale with Wii U NES games, when they look like dark garbage and the games will also be on the NES mini.

It makes me wonder if there's gonna be a meaningful sale for the NES games on the Mini once it releases. Finances wise, they'd likely prefer NES Mini purchases though.

Top Bottom