• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's new platform codename: "Project NX"

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to buying consoles people with loyalty to a platform(Fanboys) are the fringe, the vocal minority, the general gamers even the ones who call themselves hardcore go where the hype is last gen it bounced around so much that all 3 systems hit the 80+ million units, this gen it's been PS4 and only PS4 riding the hype wave. so when people talk about how they have become used to playing with their friends on a certain platform, it would take little more than hype to get people to look at a Nintendo console but it would take a lot more to keep that attention.

I just want Wii U eshop compatibility.

In a perfect world I should just be able to connect my Wii U external HDD to the NX, sign in with my NNID account, and have access to all of my games.

Cinx

Neo Member
Guys, anyone know if this is real?

One more game confirmed to NX?

A Hideo Kojima Game?

http://ingsoc.org/

utVDKz5.png

ppd70om.png

4oUYIsC.jpg

[LCK me if old]

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yeah, what the heck is that. Anyone who can check the domain's owner? Also, first time I hear about this. Detective GAF, I summon thee.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

A Hideo Kojima Game?

utVDKz5.png

ppd70om.png

4oUYIsC.jpg

[LCK me if old]

Supposedly that site was up since May, with the countdown going to the same date of 9/11. It had a logo of KojiPro and clicking on it made you go to the KojimaLives twitter account. The Black Hound image is new though.

Domain is registered by someone in Kirkland, WA.

Pokemaniac

A Hideo Kojima Game?

utVDKz5.png

ppd70om.png

4oUYIsC.jpg

[LCK me if old]

A brief perusal of the source code doesn't reveal anything particularly interesting aside from a currently unused and empty modal dialog.

A whois search of the domain wasn't particularly fruitful either, as they seem to be using a service which allows them to avoid providing their actual contact information. As a result, the contact info in the whois results is useless. I can tell you that the domain was registered in March, and was just updated recently, but not much else of interest.

whois output for those curious:
Code:
$ whois ingsoc.org
Domain Name:INGSOC.ORG
Domain ID: D175488305-LROR
Creation Date: 2015-03-01T22:44:20Z
Updated Date: 2015-08-17T06:10:43Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2016-03-01T22:44:20Z
Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 48
WHOIS Server: 
Referral URL: 
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited -- http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registrant ID:bdd13f3d8abb0d73
Registrant Name:Whois Agent
Registrant Organization:Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc.
Registrant Street: PO Box 639
Registrant Street: C/O ingsoc.org
Registrant City:Kirkland
Registrant State/Province:WA
Registrant Postal Code:98083
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.4252740657
Registrant Phone Ext: 
Registrant Fax: +1.4259744730
Registrant Fax Ext: 
Registrant Email:gdktspqsbd@whoisprivacyprotect.com
Admin ID:bdd13f3d8abb0d73
Admin Name:Whois Agent
Admin Organization:Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc.
Admin Street: PO Box 639
Admin Street: C/O ingsoc.org
Admin City:Kirkland
Admin State/Province:WA
Admin Postal Code:98083
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.4252740657
Admin Phone Ext: 
Admin Fax: +1.4259744730
Admin Fax Ext: 
Admin Email:gdktspqsbd@whoisprivacyprotect.com
Tech ID:bdd13f3d8abb0d73
Tech Name:Whois Agent
Tech Organization:Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc.
Tech Street: PO Box 639
Tech Street: C/O ingsoc.org
Tech City:Kirkland
Tech State/Province:WA
Tech Postal Code:98083
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.4252740657
Tech Phone Ext: 
Tech Fax: +1.4259744730
Tech Fax Ext: 
Tech Email:gdktspqsbd@whoisprivacyprotect.com
Name Server:NS1.CLOVE.ARVIXE.COM
Name Server:NS2.CLOVE.ARVIXE.COM
Name Server: 
Name Server: 
Name Server: 
Name Server: 
Name Server: 
Name Server: 
Name Server: 
Name Server: 
Name Server: 
Name Server: 
Name Server: 
DNSSEC:Unsigned

Access to Public Interest Registry WHOIS information is provided to assist persons in determining the contents of a domain name registration record in the Public Interest Registry registry database. The data in this record is provided by Public Interest Registry for informational purposes only, and Public Interest Registry does not guarantee its accuracy. This service is intended only for query-based access. You agree that you will use this data only for lawful purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this data to(a) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission by e-mail, telephone, or facsimile of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations to entities other than the data recipient's own existing customers; or (b) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that send queries or data to the systems of Registry Operator, a Registrar, or Afilias except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or modify existing registrations. All rights reserved. Public Interest Registry reserves the right to modify these terms at any time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy. For more information on Whois status codes, please visit https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/epp-status-codes-2014-06-16-en.

Doing a DNS lookup on the hostname showed that it's being hosted by some random web hosting company based in Chicago.

That is all the useful information I could find in about 10 minutes. No matter if it's real or fake, they've covered their tracks pretty well.

Pokemaniac

Oh, one more thing I just noticed. The source code has an image preloading script in it which seems to generally have originated from Dreamweaver. The script is going completely unused right now, so I'd guess it has something to do with the unused modal dialog.

However, even though the script is associated with Dreamweaver, that doesn't mean Dreamweaver was used to make the site. It could have just been copied from StackOverflow (for example).

iBlue

When do you guys think we will see the new account system? also web eshop. I hope the deluxe program is back so at least i can make 5 bucks from star fox

Pokemaniac

When do you guys think we will see the new account system? also web eshop. I hope the deluxe program is back so at least i can make 5 bucks from star fox

I think you're confusing the Club Nintendo replacement (which will likely launch (or at least be detailed out) within the next month or two) with a completely new account system. NNID is likely here to stay. The complaints people have with NNID right now are actually fairly easily fixable on new hardware.

Onaco

Came in to see NX theories/findings, and all I got out of this thread is hope for a spiritual successor to Silent Hills.

Mpl90

Well, what should we do? Talk about it in this thread (wheter it's fake or not), despite mentions of both PS4 and One alongisde NX, or create a new thread, commencing the next Carnival of Stupid though.

Mpl90

Ah, right. Is there anything we can do with the logo? Like, seeing if it's copied from elsewhere, or its source, or other possible infos we can get from it.

Mariolee

Most likely nothing right? Isn't Kojima busy promoting MGS5? Why have a countdown hyping another product when you're still trying to sell your upcoming one?

Akiller

Well, what should we do? Talk about it in this thread (wheter it's fake or not), despite mentions of both PS4 and One alongisde NX, or create a new thread, commencing the next Carnival of Stupid though.

New Carnival of Stupid
featuring speculation from the Nintendo NX thread.

Roo

"Currently unannounced Nintendo console"

lol
why would they say that in first place if it were indeed in development?
Plus, that text sitting right in the middle of both logos instead of being at the end?

Yeah..

NQHKSVE.gif

Ah, right. Is there anything we can do with the logo? Like, seeing if it's copied from elsewhere, or its source, or other possible infos we can get from it.

I can help you with that. Remember Charmed? Three witches, demons? yeah?..
latest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triquetra
heh

Dascu

It is very likely some indie studio trying to create hype for their overambitious project and trying to use the Hideo Kojima situation as a marketing stunt.

Cinx

Neo Member
Came in to see NX theories/findings, and all I got out of this thread is hope for a spiritual successor to Silent Hills.

Sorry for the post , can not create threads and did not see a better place to put it. My apologies _(_ _)_

For others, thank you very much for your comments, it seems to me a little fake , but always possible . Then we'll find out .

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Do we think the NX might be backwards compatible with the 3DS?
Or am I misunderstanding what the NX is?

At this point, NX could be anything and everything. I think more and more people are thinking that it's going to be a home console (based on a comment Reggie made at E3, the DQ announcements, and some other random comments iirc), but I think a lot of people also expect NX to be an umbrella term that encompasses all of Nintendo's next-gen hardware plans. Nintendo has officially described NX as a third pillar, but I still wouldn't be surprised if this "third pillar" consists of multiple, highly connected devices.

EDIT: Because of when the 3DS launched, some people definitely more strongly believe an NX portable is launching first.

If NX includes a portable-esque piece of hardware, given Nintendo's history, I'm expecting 3DS compatibility. However, I'm personally hoping that the dual screen hardware is dropped and that dual screen games like the (3)DS's and Wii U's are done via owning both an NX handheld and NX home console and using the handheld as the GamePad.

Since the term "third pillar" was previously used to introduce the DS, which had a completely different design than the GBA, I wouldn't be surprised if NX is a break from their previous hardware designs. However, given that the DS managed to support GBA games, it's possible that an NX handheld could still support 3DS games, perhaps by adopting the 2DS's and Wii U's techniques of dividing a single screen into two.

It doesnt matter if Nx is compatibl via virtual console with every Nintendo console ever made, they are gonna release like 5 games, then 1 every month , and then nothing.

GDGF

Soothsayer
It doesnt matter if Nx is compatibl via virtual console with every Nintendo console ever made, they are gonna release like 5 games, then 1 every month , and then nothing.

I think a large part of the slow drip situation was Nintendo realizing that unless they wanted to keep sticking legacy hardware in their systems they would have to recode those games every generation.

With NX most likely being a platform in the abstract sense, those days should be over. Yeah, we might have to endure it one more time (as we wait for games to be coded for the NX baseline) but after that no more. This should encourage Nintendo to allocate a larger portion of their workforce to filling out the VC catalog.

And because of that (and the gamepad most likely sticking around in some form) I do expect the NX to be compatible (via VC) with every Nintendo console ever made :D

Except for the Virtual Boy, maybe.

iBlue

I think you're confusing the Club Nintendo replacement (which will likely launch (or at least be detailed out) within the next month or two) with a completely new account system. NNID is likely here to stay. The complaints people have with NNID right now are actually fairly easily fixable on new hardware.

Apparently it's supposed to be this whole new account system that will absorb NNID so you can access your account in pretty much any device.

Pokemaniac

Apparently it's supposed to be this whole new account system that will absorb NNID so you can access your account in pretty much any device.

The "membership service" was clearly referred to as a replacement for Club Nintendo in the DeNA announcement. You can already access your NNID on any device through the web login. The difference will be new services to use on those other devices.

What did he say?

He said this back in early July.

shockingalberto said:
Yo that was me.

It was actually that exact line. "It's not like we're building an intentionally weak console."

Take it for what it's worth, I had no follow up questions to the person who gave it to me.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170937503&postcount=2007

The funny thing is that he was replying to you after you asked me which insider I referred when I originally mentioned what he said. Full circle. :D

You guys remember that Black Hound site? (www.ingsoc.org)
They wrote "currently unannounced nintendo console" but if you use the picture naming pattern for the PS4 and Xbox logos with the Nintendo name, you get this:
Nintendo_Platform.png

So yeah - it's 99,99% fake unless Nintendo really names their next console "Dreamcast" (I would love it)
Lol.
Please.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
"The Wii U failed...the Dreamcast failed. Multiply these two negatives together, though, and you've got a positive!"

Clearly fake.

Banned
When an NCL employee says it's foolish to expect Nintendo to release hardware at the PS4 level it's pretty telling which direction they're taking with the NX console

I'd love XB1 power though ;p

Mithos

When an NCL employee says it's foolish to expect Nintendo to release hardware at the PS4 level it's pretty telling which direction they're taking with the NX console

I'd love XB1 power though ;p

We'll get 177 Gflops and we'll
hate
it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom