• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nippon 1's new Title to be unveiled...

Bebpo

Banned
Since I couldn't really find any good pics of Toi8's work on the net, I photo'd a few of my favorite pieces of his work. I don't have a scanner so the quality could be better...

toi8.jpg

toi82.jpg

toi83.jpg

toi84.jpg

toi85.jpg

toi86.jpg

toi87.jpg

toi88.jpg

Tokubetsu

Bebpo said:
Since I couldn't really find any good pics of Toi8's work on the net, I photo'd a few of my favorite pieces of his work. I don't have a scanner so the quality could be better...

Loving the art. I'm not a huge fan of SRPGs but maybe this will intrest me enough to check it out.

wtb: One other (than Final Fantasy) realistically-styled RPG from Japan on the Playstation brand. (Lost Oddysey my savior?)

ethelred said:
d'oh!

Thanks to the website for freezing my firefox window! :(

SolidSnakex said:
Is there even a screenshot on that site? I've clicked on every link I can find and haven't found any.
Gameplay-wise no...character, world and towns artwork yes. And cute loading scene too :D

Hmmmm. In Disgaea 2, the main character's little brother is a cow-boy. No bell, though, and he's a demon, so it sorta makes sense for him.

sp0rsk said:
Last boss in 10 minutes? I love how n1 laughs in the face of traditional design.

They had my money up until i read that. Instant no sell if true. I don't care if I have the option of fighting him too early yet being to weak to defeat him. It kills some of the mystery of what the end game will be like.

Hopefully you are forced to fight him, forced to flee and don't see the end boss again until 40+ hours later.

Lain

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
They had my money up until i read that. Instant no sell if true. I don't care if I have the option of fighting him too early yet being to weak to defeat him. It kills some of the mystery of what the end game will be like.

Hopefully you are forced to fight him, forced to flee and don't see the end boss again until 40+ hours later.

I don't understand what mistery it would kill.
As Duckroll wrote, fighting the last boss after just 10 minutes is a choice you can make, not something that has to be.
If you wan to keep this mistery(?), you could simply choose not to fight him until it is time.
Or do you hate options in your games?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I got the new issue of dengeki playstation with a blow out for this game

prepare for something COMPLETELY new.

Im gnona take pictures of the pages right now.

jiggle

sp0rsk said:
I got the new issue of dengeki playstation with a blow out for this game

prepare for something COMPLETELY new.

Im gnona take pictures of the pages right now.

How long until?

sprsk

These suck pretty bad, I'm sorry I don't have a scanner :( These are also out of order a bit.

jiggle

sp0rsk said:
These suck pretty bad, I'm sorry I don't have a scanner :( These are also out of order a bit.

Thanks!

I can't tell from the photos, but are they recycling character sprites?

sprsk

no. all new sprites.

The combat looks like a weird combo of advanced wars and dragonf orce and yeah i have to read this but my kanji sucks.

Looks really good. It really does have a different style than other SRPG by N1 this gen. Looking forward it!

It joins Flight Plan's Dragon Shadow Spell (DSS) in a 2007 SRPG new influx. Btw, new pics of it too...

h-104_59721_dss01.jpg.jpg
h-104_59721_dss02.jpg.jpg

h-104_59721_dss03.jpg.jpg
h-104_59721_dss04.jpg.jpg

info.jpg

And Summon Night 4 this year! :D

NIS America will without doubt bring Soul Craddle....I hope Atlus picks both Summon Night 4 and Dragon Shadow Spell.

Tokubetsu

God, Please bring this stateside =(

IDK wtf is happening to me, I'm really excited for this even though I have no real experience with SRPGs

Needs LESS cowbell

But other than that, looks fine :) Sprites are awfully low-res and poorly scaled, but who really cares?

I'm sure it will have no trouble getting translated; I can't imagine NIS not doing it!

Lain

Looking more at the pics, i noticed that the combo attack reminded me a bit of La Pucelle and the slow way it dealed with attacks and combo attacks. I hope this game wont have anything like that.

Top Bottom