• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIS America announces Aedis Eclipse(PSP)... GENERATION OF CHAOS alert

And apparently, no one in the press cares, because I didn't see anything except on their own site...though since it's a Generation of Chaos game, I can understand why....

http://www.nisamerica.com/news/PDFs/AedisEclipse.pdf

"NIS America, Inc. today announced the latest
SRPG Aedis Eclipse ~Generation of Chaos™~ for the PlayStation® Portable for the
North American market. NIS America will localize and deploy the SRPG in the US in
spring 2007.

The unique gaming experience offered by Aedis Eclipse comes from the combination of
incredible team customization and item crafting on one hand, to the dynamic combat
multi-unit battle system, on the other. The PSP format allows gamers to briefly pick
up their hand-held to enjoy strategic thinking anytime, anywhere.

With Aedis Eclipse, NIS America has given preference to reduce loading times to
minimize stress related fatigue. Compared with previous SRPG PSP titles, Aedis
Eclipse successfully offers less wait and more play time.

GoC was actually the first game I bought for my PSP, and while I wanted to like it, I traded it away. Loading wasn't the problem (though that was noticeable during the cutscenes), it was the real time battles. Which were really like Dragon Force on valium - a bunch of little guys on each side, but moving so slowly and never really doing anything. Combats would take 10 minutes if both sides had missile troops (and thus just stayed in the back, shooting very slowly).

I hope that part got addressed. Still, I can't help but think that with so many games for the PSP in Japan that actually are , well, good, it's a mistake bringing over a sequel to a game that very few people liked.

ethelred

More Generation of Chaos? Yuck. Thanks for leaving that out of the title, by the way, so you lull people into thinking this is actually good news before they enter the thread.

jj984jj said:
Misleading titles FTL, thought this was a new IP.

Sorry, but that's what they called it on their website (just "Aedis Eclipse")...only in the press release does it mention the "Generation of Chaos" bit.

FoxhoundNL said:
Bring Disgaea Portable over already.
Pretty much.

What a waste bringing this...come on NIS America, move and bring here something more interesting. I don't know which game right now, I just can't seem to remember some rpg plausible to be released by them...

Ichirou

Banned
NIS America should try to release Sakura Taisen 1&2...I mean, they've never come out in the US before, so it shouldn't be a problem to port them over.

I thought Generation of Chaos was all right on PSP, but the loading was terrible and I had trouble understanding the complicated gameplay. I found the concept to be cool though. I might buy the sequel, since the problems seem to be addressed.

I really wished NIS addressed the issues in Spectral Souls, because I hear outside the loading, the game is good. I badly wanted it since I want an SPRG for my PSP, but didn't get it because of what I heard (I may still pick it up).

Yeah, I agree there are better PSP RPGs to come stateside. Many of them are by publishers who just don't want to release their own games stateside, like Twelve, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, Tales of Phantasia Full Voice, Sakura Taisen remakes, Far East of Eden 4 (I believe that came to PSP), and more.

Top Bottom