• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIS America Announces Their Last Physical PS Vita Titles

Bullet Club

Vita is (end of) life.

PS Vita collectors will have one opportunity to purchase NIS America's last physical PS Vita games in 2019.

NIS America has revealed the last games they’ll be publishing physically on PS Vita. The games are The Lost Child, Penny Punching Princess, and The Longest Five Minutes.

While all of these games are already available digitally, this will be PS Vita owners’ only opportunity to pick them up in physical form. It’s definitely sad to hear NIS America will be closing the door on the PS Vita, but the device has been around for a long time, and they’ve brought us some amazing games over the years. The handheld released in late 2011 in Japan and made its way over to the United States in February of 2012.

In September, Sony announced that they would be ending production of PS Vita in Japan sometime next year. Japan was the last stronghold for the PS Vita as the console saw greater success in Sony’s home country than it did anywhere else.

There will still be games to play on Vita from other publishers in the coming months. Atlus is bringing both Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight, and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight to the device on December 4. Xseed Games is releasing Fate/EXTELLA Link west digitally on Vita in the first quarter of 2019.

It’s really awesome to see a handheld many consider to be dead getting support into 2019. I’ll always consider the PS Vita the Dreamcast of its time.
Vita owners can expect The Lost Child, Penny Punching Princess, and The Longest Five Minutes to release physically on March 19.

Dualshockers

CatCouch

I'm so torn on buying these. I seriously attempted to collect all physical Vita releases. I bought a lot. Unfortunately, Sony has done so much damage to me through their egregious censorship policies that I'm not sure I want to put anymore time or money into them. They don't even have enough respect for their audience to clarify what these policies are. I get the impression Sony doesn't appreciate the money I've spent and just wants to rid my kind from their platforms. All my money is going to the Switch now.

Senhua

Why support the platform holder who has completely different ideology with yours?
Sony stance is clear = mass murdering is good while sexy stuff is bad.
While NISA games usually have focused to sexy anime stuff than to be a serial murderer so this is good riddance.

Top Bottom