• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NISA announces Culdcept Revolt (3DS) for NA, Summer 2017

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Ouch at $60 Canadian. I hope it goes down in price before it goes out of print because that's too steep for me.

Nachos

Nice, though the text for "Revolt" in the logo doesn't look too hot. It's like three different type styles mashed into one.

Tizoc

Yeah she did a lot of Capcom artwork also.

With the character designs aside, the game itself is fairly solid though some changes made things a bit easier than previous games. Though overall if you like magic the gathering + monopoly you should be in for a good time. Even more so if you were a starved western culdcept fan lol
You just sold me by saying magic the gathering

Tho i do dislike these generic designs, i just love kinu's style

shaowebb

No joke since every Culdcept game has a different master list of cards and balance is different it wouldn't be bad for NISA to just port em all someday. Each one is its own meta. None more so than Culdcept Revolt. Its the first official sequel and non remake since Saga and it has the largest list of changes to core features in the series history. Its soooooo good too when you play it. You guys have no idea how good it is.

Now you can use territory abilities on any card on any turn. Not just when you pass a territory or land on a goal. What happens is after you do so the territory creature sits down and no more territory commands can be used by them till you lap. This prevents cards with stat boosting powers or attacks from being abusable. Plus you can't end up out of cash so easy on long boards with few goals because you have permanent fairy light. That means every turn you gain a small amount of mana. This prevents matches where you blow your cash on land early and end up broke due to low die rolls before the goal from happening easily. Plus you have two dice now to roll every turn and not just one to accelerate movement as well.

shaowebb

I bought my DS, my 360 and my japanese 3ds for Culdcept. I 50 medals ran the PS2 one which is where the best fun was making bizarro gimmicky decks to get all those "achievements before achievements were a thing" medals.

Last game was 2006 that had online and was in english. I been playing for like 15 years since the first english one hit the PS2 here and I am so happy to see more in the states. That PS2 one was technically a complete edition of the sequel to the original saturn title (that was rereleased to the DS with DLC in japan only). The PS2 one was also rereleased with new art and new cards and new DLC and mechanics and more for the 3ds in japan only as well. But finally...FINALLY we see one make it back to an english edition. So happy.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
$60? Your game already looks really niche and you wanna charge more than the other 3DS games...

Culdcept games will sell the exact same number of copies if it costs a dollar or a thousand dollars. Its fans are few, but they are thirsty.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
$60 CAD.. holy fuck. Having to depend on Amazon.ca Prime discount to bring games within 'reasonable' range sucks.

TreIII

Awesome! Was morbidly curious, but knew I didn't have the time to invest in importing.

Day 1 buy. Bless you, NISA.

zulux21

I've wanted a Culdcept game in the U.S. (that isn't as rare/expensive as the 360 release) for years! Hope this one is good.
o_O
the 360 version is $21 on amazon used.

anyways happy to hear this is coming over, though a little sad that it didn't also get the steam ports the other announcements get as the main person I would play with doesn't have a 3ds. not that I even know if this has multiplayer anyways.

oh well I will just play for myself.

JB2448

o_O
the 360 version is $21 on amazon used.

anyways happy to hear this is coming over, though a little sad that it didn't also get the steam ports the other announcements get as the main person I would play with doesn't have a 3ds. not that I even know if this has multiplayer anyways.

oh well I will just play for myself.
Online multiplayer is in it too!
As for your friend: if you're in the U.S., may I suggest a Nintendo-refurbished 2DS for $65 (that includes shipping)? The system's library is absolutely worth looking into for that friend of yours.

Zalman

I've never played a Culdcept game. I barely know anything about this series. However, as a fan of card games, it looks interesting.

What does Culdcept even mean?

I've always wanted to get into this series, and having Kinu's designs makes it even more appealing.

The Canadian price however is ridiculous. Hopefully it gets adjusted before release.

shaowebb

I've never played a Culdcept game. I barely know anything about this series. However, as a fan of card games, it looks interesting.

What does Culdcept even mean?

Bad transliteration of Card-cept is my guess. Like inception or concept or some such I guess. Not certain.

soultron

Banned
$60 CAD.. holy fuck. Having to depend on Amazon.ca Prime discount to bring games within 'reasonable' range sucks.
Yeah I'll probably ride this one right until the end of the discount period to see if any further savings can be had. There's no way I'm biting for $60 CAD.

shaowebb

I'm supporting at launch again to boost sales. I want them to KNOW folks missed this title and to see good sales numbers so it doesn't disappear for another damned decade.

zulux21

Oh! Guess I should have checked before posting. Back when I was interested years ago, used copies were more than new copies, and new copies were out of stock.

yeah I looked because I have it and was hoping that I could sell it for enough to cover the 3ds version :p

to be fair I can get close if another best buy visa check out promo happens (or if this game gets up fast enough to work on the current one)
as it would be like $25 after GCU and visa check out lol.

oh my God.

OH MY GOD!

A localized Culdcept! In 2017! Portable, even! With Kinu Nishimura art! Its like it was made to appeal to me.

I can still play it on my 2DS... but now I deeply regret selling my 3DS XL. Seriously considering buying a New XL just so I can play this on a bigger screen.

Yes! I thought this series was dead in the West. I've been playing the free version on my Japanese 3DS but my language comprehension is limited at best.

BTA

Culdceptcentral.com has had Cepter tournaments for 11 years since Saga and for every game with online. If you need matches go to them.

Here is the Culdcept discord group with tons of friend codes

I want people who are at my (beginner) skill level, and furthermore I play board games a lot with my close friends, who I won't see as much post-graduation- so this feels like a good way to play games with them.

I will definitely keep that in mind too, though!

Ponn

Banned
Oh GOD YES!!! It's time to D-D-D-D-Duel! Give me that blue deck with Aspidochelone, own all you fools.

Top Bottom