• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NLG job posting: unreal + ARM = NX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadist

Got some updates, here's the play by play from the Gamestop event:

Kevin: "You guys want some NX news?"
*points to Nintendo exec on stage*
Exec (didn't remember name): "Not yet, but very soon"

So take that for what you will.
For Nintendo's sake I hope it's soon, because we're facing mental breakdowns here.

We didn't get our announcement, and we didn't get our announcement of an annoucement, but we did get a vague promise an announcement of an announcement.

I'll chalk that up as a win.

The worst part is that this means that Kevin's first cryptic tweet (the one that spelled out NX NEWS TOMORROW, or whatever) was technically factual.

Just a bunch of it'snothing.gif.

Don't suppose someone would've been able to ask "how soon?"?

Nice if it was "weeks" or a specific month or SOMETHING!

Very soon can mean anything it feels like.

Yeah, very soon definitely means within two weeks. It's going to be revealed in September.

Really? Very soon?

They said that a year ago. Gettin' real tired of this.
Stop lying. They said they would talk about NX in 2016 last year. And this year they repeatedly said they would talk about NX this year. Nintendo of Canada president said they would talk about NX in fall which starts next week.

Since this was likely an unscripted part of the talk, we would be wise in assuming that the Nintendo exec was put on the spot and thus the "not yet, but very soon" bit isn't really indicative of a time frame - but more of a way to deflect the question politely.

BY2K

Membero Americo

"Very soon"

OH THANK GOD FOR THAT PERSON WHO PROBABLY DOESN'T KNOW SHIT

Anth0ny

We didn't get our announcement, and we didn't get our announcement of an annoucement, but we did get a vague promise an announcement of an announcement.

"Nintendo Vaguely Promises an Announcement of an Announcement for NX"

Who wants to make the thread?

maxcriden

Since this was likely an unscripted part of the talk, we would be wise in assuming that the Nintendo exec was put on the spot and thus the "not yet, but very soon" bit isn't really indicative of a time frame - but more of a way to deflect the question politely.

Any reason you think it's unscripted? I assumed it was very carefully scripted.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Even without doing calendar unveil date jiu jitsu I think everyone agrees Nov 1st is basically the cut off date for a 2016 reveal.

So we got 6 weeks and change.

Any reason you think it's unscripted? I assumed it was very carefully scripted.

Without context (such as tone of voice) it's hard to say for sure, I'm just taking the safe route that 'not yet but very soon' is a tow-the-company-line type answer that is meant to be vague. Aka looking at 'very soon' versus 'soon' likely isn't relating to a more/less accelerated timeframe.

Genio88

I don't understand why Nintendo hate us that much, at least tell us something, would really be that much of a deal to tell us if they're still planning on reveal this thing this year and launch in March? Wouldn't be in their interest to address all this rumors about NX being delayed? I mean if they really decided to reveal it this year then it's not like they don't know the date or something like that, these thing should be planned well ahead

maxcriden

Without context (such as tone of voice) it's hard to say for sure, I'm just taking the safe route that 'not yet but very soon' is a tow-the-company-line type answer that is meant to be vague. Aka looking at 'very soon' versus 'soon' likely isn't relating to a more/less accelerated timeframe.

Gotcha, thanks. I'll try not to let the 'very' color my expectations too much.

BY2K

Membero Americo
We didn't get our announcement, and we didn't get our announcement of an annoucement, but we did get a vague promise of an announcement of an announcement.

We got a vague promise of an announcement of an announcement by someone who probably doesn't know anymore than we do.

It's a meaninglessly subjective phrase. Could mean in the next 48 hours, could mean three weeks from now.

Oregano

We got a vague promise of an announcement of an announcement by someone who probably doesn't know anymore than we do.

Someone earlier said that Doug Bowser was presenting for Nintendo, he's likely to know if its close to reveal.

Not that we should put any weight into it, "very soon" could mean tomorrow and it could mean in a few months.

nikatapi

Back to the console (we'll wait for the reveal, patience will be rewarded i hope), i am wondering if Nvidia will be promoting the NX as their return to the console market, and "the most powerful handheld" or something like that.

It's a big win for them, so i'm really curious how pronounced their involvement in the platform will be.

maxcriden

Someone earlier said that Doug Bowser was presenting for Nintendo, he's likely to know if its close to reveal.

Not that we should put any weight into it, "very soon" could mean tomorrow and it could mean in a few months.

We need to get him to flip on the big N and leak secrets of NX to us pre-release. Then one day in the future, we can all tell the tale of how it went down. We'll call it
Doug's Inside Story.

Emily Rogers just tweeted -

#NX#OctoberReveal
CsQPGhQVUAACKMl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom