• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Isaac

So the books actually exist this year? I remember last year we voted the books out of existence, and mentioning the book was almost bannable.

This will be the thread for me. I really want to read the books, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

So for now, the show will suffice. Rewatching season one now in preparation.

KorrZ

Thank you for this thread Cornballer. I get so scared reading the other Game of Thrones thread, all it takes it one accidental click or one person to be sloppy with spoiler tags to completely ruin the entire series.

Cant wait for the assholes to come in and start talking about what happens in the book even though someone says not to on the top of every page.

Soul_Pie

Hell yeah, can't wait. Game of Thrones quickly became my favourite show on TV, I don't think I've ever felt so invested in a world since maybe the Wire. The production is just incredible, big props to HBO for such a massive undertaking and bringing this world to life.

Season 1 marathon shall begin tonight.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So the books actually exist this year? I remember last year we voted the books out of existence, and mentioning the book was almost bannable.
That was just a way of stating that absolutely nothing from the books should be posted in this thread in any form.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I don't mind book spoilers as long as they don't take over the thread and are properly marked as such. I kind of hate when people use spoiler tags without indicating the book or the nature of the content.

Edit: Whoa, it looks like my keyboard spazzed out when I wrote that.

KorrZ

I don't mind book spoilers as long as they don't take over the thread and are properly marked as such. I kind of hate when people use spoiler tags without indicating the book or the nature of the nature of the content.

That's the problem, you can't trust people to use proper spoiler tags and indicating what they're about properly, you end up just getting pages and pages of black bars. It's best to keep them completely separate.

Jubern

Get hyped!

I was activated a few months ago so I couldn't participate last year. I'm looking forward to talk about season 2 with you guys!

I actually bought the first 4 books boxset but I just don't have the time to read it and most certainly won't until summer, so I'm in the clueless camp.

aFIGurANT

Nice thread, this is for the patient ones is how I see it lol. How many people are in here just waiting to taunt us once the seasons starts as they've already read the second book is what I'm wondering...

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Yay! Glad you made this thread, I enjoyed season one so much I decided NOT to read the books because I loved the anticipation of a new show each week.

Puddles

Banned
Yeah, this is a good idea. Basically pretend that all anyone knows about the A Song of Ice and Fire world is what has been presented up to the most recently aired episode of the show.

The first season was fantastic. So many great characters. My favorites are definitely Robb, Jon, Arya, and Tyrion. Sansa looks to be in a bit of an awkward position as Season 2 starts, and I definitely sympathize with her.

I like the way the stories have gone off in such different directions. At the beginning, they were literally all in one place at Winterfell. Now you have Jon at the Wall, Arya heading north disguised as a boy, Robb leading an army, Sansa held hostage in King's Landing, etc.

Cannot wait until April 1st.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Just realized there is no picture of Rickon in the OP, he truly is the forgotten child of the show. :p

Just found out my grandparents are HBO subscribers, so I'll be mooching HBO Go off them. :)

And with it coming to Xbox Live on the same day, I'll be one happy man.

Krogan

Yeah, this is a good idea. Basically pretend that all anyone knows about the A Song of Ice and Fire world is what has been presented up to the most recently aired episode of the show.

The first season was fantastic. So many great characters. My favorites are definitely Robb, Jon, Arya, and Tyrion. Sansa looks to be in a bit of an awkward position as Season 2 starts, and I definitely sympathize with her.

I like the way the stories have gone off in such different directions. At the beginning, they were literally all in one place at Winterfell. Now you have Jon at the Wall, Arya heading north disguised as a boy, Robb leading an army, Sansa held hostage in King's Landing, etc.

Cannot wait until April 1st.
fixed

_Isaac

Just realized there is no picture of Rickon in the OP, he truly is the forgotten child of the show. :p

Haha. Seriously. I remember in one scene he was standing in Bran's bedroom doorway, and he seriously startled me. I thought it was a random ghost child because I had forgotten he existed.

Nizz

That's the problem, you can't trust people to use proper spoiler tags and indicating what they're about properly, you end up just getting pages and pages of black bars. It's best to keep them completely separate.
Yeah, pages start looking like some declassified government files. ;)

Puddles

Banned
Which characters do you guys like most? Which scenarios do you find the most compelling going into the new season?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Is he the one Arya threatened when she said "I like killing fat boys"?

tumblr_lnaef0uksu1qjbluzo1_500.png

Nizz

Which characters do you guys like most? Which scenarios do you find the most compelling going into the new season?
I think Tyrion is probably my favorite character. As far as scenarios, I'm interested in Dany's journey now that she has three dragons under her wing and the Starks' war with the Lannisters.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I think Tyrion is probably my favorite character. As far as scenarios, I'm interested in Dany's journey now that she has three dragons under her wing and the Starks' war with the Lannisters.

Her 3 dragons and how that parallels with her ancestors' story was a nice touch. I liked how season 1 took her from the low point of Drogo's death to the birth of her dragons at the end.

As a viewer, I was really surprised at Drogo's death since I thought they were gonna go gung ho with some kind of Dothraki invasion of Westeros, given Drogo's passionate speech after the assassination attempt.

When he died, I was like, "Oh shit!, she's fucked now!".

Nizz

Her 3 dragons and how that parallels with her ancestors' story was a nice touch. I liked how season 1 took her from the low point of Drogo's death to the birth of her dragons at the end.

As a viewer, I was really surprised at Drogo's death since I thought they were gonna go gung ho with some kind of Dothraki invasion of Westeros, given Drogo's passionate speech after the assassination attempt.

When he died, I was like, "Oh shit!, she's fucked now!".
Yeah, I wasn't expecting Drogo to die this season. Like you said, it went from a situation that looked really bad to a hopeful one with the dragons and the few people who stayed at her side.

JerkShep

Halfway through with my rewatch, I'll watch episode 7 later today. Really pumped to see the new characters join the already excellent cast.

It begins....

Maybe I'll just force the Mrs to watch Series 2 with me, then forcefully engage her in discussion. No chance of her turning around with some spoilerific.

And if she does, well.... guess I'll just have the guards cut out her tongue.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It begins....

Maybe I'll just force the Mrs to watch Series 2 with me, then forcefully engage her in discussion. No chance of her turning around with some spoilerific.

And if she does, well.... guess I'll just have the guards cut out her tongue.
I think I know someone who can help you out.

mLJY4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom