• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising love?

Mirk

Buy this! join online so I can shoot you:p
Seriously anyone else playing this game.
I have been playing the demo
for three weeks. I just pick the full game up today.

j1.jpg

j2.jpg

j3.jpg

j4.jpg

Vlad

Meh, the demo was buggy as hell for me. I tried hosting a game just to run around by myself and get the feel for things, and after finally getting the game to load a map (it kept locking up when I hit the "host" button), the game ended up running horribly, even with everything turned down.

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
Despite getting nr1 on 100 man server(haha),i wont buy this game,after days of demo i had enough of it,its way too random and arcadey,and campers are encouraged with all the vegetation.

Firest0rm

Fleming said:
Despite getting nr1 on 100 man server(haha),i wont buy this game,after days of demo i had enough of it,its way too random and arcadey,and campers are encouraged with all the vegetation.

Thats how a real war is ;) I might pick it up. If anyone is up for a game on the demo right now tell me!

Firest0rm said:
Thats how a real war is ;) I might pick it up. If anyone is up for a game on the demo right now tell me!

In real war, dense vegitation loitered with snipers would bring in heavy bombing to clear the area.

While I disagree with bumping for ethical reasons, I too like this game. I can't speak to the demo's problems, since I didn't play it, but the final was quite fun. I didn't have any of the problems that whoeverthefuck at IGN reviewed it did; my experience was quite smooth and enjoyable. The game's not without its problems, but once you get a team actually working together (which nullifies many of the walking-about and respawning issues that people have, since if your team knows what's up you'll have medics up supporting the assault and making sure you don't have to respawn back at base), the game is awesome.

Bog

Junior Ace
Well, I did a search for the game's name. I only played the demo last night, so it wasn't really a bump for the sake of bumping. I just wanted to state that I disagree with everyone who's saying it sucks.

Keio

For a Finer World
Their netcode just can't handle 150 players.

But on a 64 player server I actually had fun when things started getting a bit coordinated.

Props to Novalogic for actually making the Coalition seem like the bad guys - or at least as bad as the resistance. The manual clearly states that the Rebels are just defending their country - they don't want to see their resources stripped away to the profit of foreign companies, don't want to see their friends and families being killed & tortured etc.

Keio said:
Their netcode just can't handle 150 players.
I disagree, sir. Playing on the NovaWorld servers I had very few to zero problems even with 150 peoples. On My Shitty Server On My Parents' Celery, sure, there's a lot of lag. But why would you play there in the first place?

Top Bottom