• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky Next Generation Trailer.

Vasto

Awesome

The current gen games are stealing all the next gen spotlight. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Seems nice, but I want to see more about how/if the terrain generation speed/distance/pop-in has been improved. With the new CPUs there should be dramatic improvements there, but the trailer doesn't really show it.

Duchess

One of my favourite games of this generation (along with TLOU2, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Bloodborne).

Xenon

I tried playing this but I just felt disconnected from the tasks. Normally I love those type of mechanics but the ui and systems were just plain weird.

Has anyone else noticed that the Xbox trailer of the Next Generation update doesn't mention 4K/60fps or Advanced Audio.
Take a look at both trailers and keep eye on top left...

Xbox Trailer...

PlayStation Trailer...

4K at 60fps
Xbox Series X and S both support 60 frames per second, and on Series X players can experience the universe in pin-sharp detail with 4k at 60fps.

vpance

Will definitely check this out. Too much stuff to do in it now though, lol. Can't commit the time to it.

Wonko_C

Seems nice, but I want to see more about how/if the terrain generation speed/distance/pop-in has been improved. With the new CPUs there should be dramatic improvements there, but the trailer doesn't really show it.

Yes, first thing I'm looking forward to. I play on PSVR and I've got constant jump scares from that stupid toxic fauna popping into existence a few centimeters from my face. RE7VR is a walk in the park in comparison.

Denton

I played it earlier this year on gamepass and just cannot get into it. Guess I need more narrative and handcrafting in my games. Knowing everything is randomly generated makes it just..uninteresting. Which is kinda weird since our planet and universe is also randomly generated (you know what I mean) and yet I love it. Looks really nice though.

Last edited:

GHG

I love these guys.

They don't bitch, they don't moan, they just get to work.

Hopefully these optimisations also make their way to PC. Getting it to run at 4k 60fps is a bit of a challenge at the moment.

amazing - hows the gameplay loop?

I think it's great now, the higher difficulties make it shine. If you like survival games then you should enjoy it.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It's not for everyone, but it's is definitely something to behold. Very relaxing. Pretty good in VR as well.

I love space games in general, and was hesitant to get it at launch day due to the bad reviews. Might try PSVR as my brother downstairs have it, but never tried it myself (PSVR). Thanks for the details.

Haptics must be really easy to implement.

I think the haptics might actually be easier to code for than standard rumble since they're wave-based and can be derived from audio. Someone more technical can probably explain that better.

OT: I haven't played NMS since launch but this trailer sold me on checking it out again once I'm done with Demon's Souls.

Tranquil

I played it earlier this year on gamepass and just cannot get into it. Guess I need more narrative and handcrafting in my games. Knowing everything is randomly generated makes it just..uninteresting. Which is kinda weird since our planet and universe is also randomly generated (you know what I mean) and yet I love it. Looks really nice though.
I think one interesting aspect is that a lot of the times when you get to a planet you're the first person to see it. Literally no one has seen this randomly generated planet but you, not even the devs. I dunno, I kinda like that.

Kerotan

• An evolving game: Just another step on the evolution of the best-selling title, No Man’s Sky Next Generation will come preloaded with the previous four years of huge upgrades from day one. Join in the journey at our most important moment yet.
What do they mean pre loaded? Does every ps5 come with this installed?

hussar16

Free update:

Fuller worlds

Save Game Transfer

32 player multiplayer

4K at 60FPS

Ultra visuals

Vast base building

Warp speed load times

Crossplay

PS5 Haptics

Advanced audio

PSVR

where are the alien wars and joinging alien factions they promised ,this is all cosmetic there is no end game in this game but being a space farmer

PSYGN

• An evolving game: Just another step on the evolution of the best-selling title, No Man’s Sky Next Generation will come preloaded with the previous four years of huge upgrades from day one. Join in the journey at our most important moment yet.
What do they mean pre loaded? Does every ps5 come with this installed?

As in "No Man's Sky Next Generation will come with the previous four years of huge upgrades from day one."

You have to appreciate what these guys have done. Obviously the launch was a shit show, but they really have delivered when they could’ve taken the money and ran. In the days of micro transactions, they just keep delivering free content.

Patrick S.

Banned
You have to appreciate what these guys have done. Obviously the launch was a shit show, but they really have delivered when they could’ve taken the money and ran. In the days of micro transactions, they just keep delivering free content.

I was just thinking, I kinda feel like I'm stealing from them at this point. I got a key for the game at cdkeys for like €12, and this game has entertained me for so many hours that I'm really starting to feel a bit guilty. To compensate a bit, I double dipped with a PS4 Special Edition some time ago.

MiguelItUp

I absolutely respect the hell out of everything they've done for this game. It's beyond impressive. I hope they've been receiving and will continue to receive the praise they deserve for this. This looks insanely cool!

Top Bottom