• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT| Hello Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
whoa, I just scanned on the galactic map and found a couple systems that had been discovered by someone else, maybe 8 or 10 jumps away. whaaaa

Well, I was just reminded of how much the battery life on the DS4 sucks. :(

I'm going to buy another DS4 so I can always have one ready to go when playing this game (yes, I still only have one).

Can't wait for it to charge up enough so I can get back to the game!

qcf x2

Can't believe this thread has so many pages already. I was expecting to mess around for 15 min and get my relaxing exploration on, but no.... 5 1/2 hrs later I am forcing myself to call it a night. I wasn't expecting objectives, lol. The game is much better than I imagined. The simple mechanics feel great.

Seriously, everyone should learn how to do THE LONG JUMP. It's an incredibly useful little advanced move that makes on foot exploration not only more engaging mechanically, but a lot faster. It's done by pressing melee while sprinting while nearly simultaneously hitting the jetpack button and using it as a throttle to control yourself. I really hope they don't "fix" wherever the momentum is coming from because this is pretty fun.

GIF212da.gif

GIF2d12e5.gif

Bonus clips of the crowded airspace over the planet I was just on

GIF3e3cc8.gif

GIF4f3797.gif

Dawg

So, are you supposed to use the ship to go to every ? on a planet? Considering stuff more than 2 minutes away can get tiresome quickly.

Well, I was just reminded of how much the battery life on the DS4 sucks. :(

I'm going to buy another DS4 so I can always have one ready to go when playing this game (yes, I still only have one).

Can't wait for it to charge up enough so I can get back to the game!
Dumbest thing I've done this generation..one controller. Never really bothered me until now

chur

So I bought a new ship and none of my materials from the old ship transferred over. Is it supposed to be like that or did I miss something? So now I have no fuel for my hyper drive. How do I make antimatter?

So, are you supposed to use the ship to go to every ? on a planet? Considering stuff more than 2 minutes away can get tiresome quickly.

I usually hit all the ones about 2 mins away from a central one then fly to another area. I don't mind the wandering though.

So I bought a new ship and none of my materials from the old ship transferred over. Is it supposed to be like that or did I miss something? So now I have no fuel for my hyper drive. How do I make antimatter?
You get a chance to transfer your stuff before switching ships. As for Antimatter, some alien dude gave me a blueprint. Not sure how you get it otherwise.

Played for 4 hours straight, explored 6 planets in 2 systems and got a sweet multi-tool. Having fun, except for the lame acid rain world I discovered. Good thing I had the tech to nullify that shit.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
The strangest shit just happened to me.

Got a ton of resources and head to my first space station. Decide for some dumbass reason to unlock the Alpha Vector and thought it would transfer all my ship inventory as well...NOPE. I lose everything! FFFF

Reload previous same game and now I have my inventory back as well as the Alpha Vector wtf(?) but with the same specs as the starting ship aka no hyperdrive. I don't even know at this point but I'll keep playing I guess.

mokeyjoe

I usually hit all the ones about 2 mins away from a central one then fly to another area. I don't mind the wandering though.

You get a chance to transfer your stuff before switching ships. As for Antimatter, some alien dude gave me a blueprint. Not sure how you get it otherwise.

Exactly what I do. There never seems to be a shortage of stuff within 2 minutes of your ship.

Im really glad I watched a few streams before playing this, some people seem really lost on basic stuff, but I just jumped right in. I guess it's a shame game manuals are a thing of the past.

I'm going to ask again in case anyone knows - is there a way to get rid of the 'unredeemed items' message if you don't want to redeem the preorder ship? It's pointless to me now.

Oh, and try to get the upgrades that increase your stamina and jet pack boost. Sooo helpful when exploring.

And damn, I landed on a Gold Mine planet. All snow and trees, with gold deposits scattered everywhere. Now to buy a sweet ship.

I really think they should have made outposts and other things more rare. Instead of almost every planet in a system having the same layout, you would have lots of systems that are simply there for mining or whatnot. Would have made the universe a bit more believable and more of a sense of exploration, plus make it feel like less of an ubisoft game where you're just checking off a list of the same things

ElRenoRaven

So yea I love the game but encountered a huge problem. So first preorder game. Start game and redeem the ship right off the bat. Manage to get everything done and get off said planet. Now hyperdrive to another system and buy mats to come back while ignoring the signal stuff that popped up in the new system. This should have popped up after leaving the first planet in the original system. After this find another ship that's crashed and repair it and trade out your ship for it. While doing this realize you can't transfer the hyperdrive even though you should be able to. Continue with said game. Now enjoy never having the blueprint to make a hypderdrive and never being able to warp away to another system again.

Yea Luckily you can delete your save and restart but that sucked. Apparently it's a bug with redeeming the preorder ship before getting off the planet. Warping to a new system triggers the signal which leads to the blueprint. This should have happened when leaving the starter planet but it doesn't when using the preorder ship. Course considering the game is new you wouldn't know this and end up like I did. I did discover though that you can name planets and such in the new system you start with the same names you already named previous ones.

So yea remember redeem the preorder ship after you get off the planet and do the stuff to get the hyperdrive blueprint. It's all good though I love the game so much I don't care about restarting over and having lost 10 hours of playtime.

OK. Got about 2 hours in tonight. Gotta call it and get some sleep. Have to be up in 6 hours for work. oops

It's a...weird game. It's neat exploring planets but I can see it getting old after a while. Kind of feels like planets from Mass Effect 1. All very same-y with pallet swaps.

I'm going to keep plugging away at it. Still a little confused by some of the systems but I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

If I could get 20 hours out of this thing before getting tired of it, I'll consider that a success. Regardless, I'm looking forward to diving back in tomorrow and picking it apart some more.

Kard8p3

I have only played about less than 6 hours total since last night but goddamn do I feel like I don't have enough slots.. Hard to keep track of what's important and what isn't.. Wish you could buy like an intergalatic chest that pops up in every station.

I'm going to ask again in case anyone knows - is there a way to get rid of the 'unredeemed items' message if you don't want to redeem the preorder ship? It's pointless to me now.

I'm not sure there's a way currently. I'm glad I didn't even bother to redeem my code yet. I was tempted to put it in right away because I wanted the theme, but something told me not to - I knew I didn't want to start out with the ship, and I wasn't sure how redeeming it worked (I thought maybe once I put in the code it would automatically start me in the pre-order ship).

Hopefully they will patch in something that makes the message go away if you have already traveled to another system or upgraded your ship without redeeming it.

Teknoman

The strangest shit just happened to me.

Got a ton of resources and head to my first space station. Decide for some dumbass reason to unlock the Alpha Vector and thought it would transfer all my ship inventory as well...NOPE. I lose everything! FFFF

Reload previous same game and now I have my inventory back as well as the Alpha Vector wtf(?) but with the same specs as the starting ship aka no hyperdrive. I don't even know at this point but I'll keep playing I guess.

You've gotta transfer it yourself, but that seems strange either way. They do have a warning message at the bottom of the screen though. Not sure why it doesnt just auto transfer in the first place, since as of yet, you cant have multiple ships.

Which alien species have you discovered so far? I found the Korvac in my first system, and we're buds now. They seem to be a science/research based race.

In my second system I found Vy'Kreeen (sp?). They seem to be a warrior race. I don't understand their language at all and this one guy pointed to my resources, I got lucy when I gave him carbon and he gave me a new tech.

mokeyjoe

I'm not sure there's a way currently. I'm glad I didn't even bother to redeem my code yet. I was tempted to put it in right away because I wanted the theme, but something told me not to - I knew I didn't want to start out with the ship, and I wasn't sure how redeeming it worked (I thought maybe once I put in the code it would automatically start me in the pre-order ship).

Hopefully they will patch in something that makes the message go away if you have already traveled to another system or upgraded your ship without redeeming it.

Didn't really have a choice, it came with my digital preorder.

I guess next time I want a new ship I'll just swap to the Alpha Vector first before I trade. I just like my current ship.

Trouble

Banned
Is there another way to buy ships beside fixing crashed ones or buying one that lands at a station/outpost? I've been hunting crashed ships and It has netted me one worthwhile upgrade.

mokeyjoe

Which alien species have you discovered so far? I found the Korvac in my first system, and we're buds now. They seem to be a science/research based race.

In my second system I found Vy'Kreeen (sp?). They seem to be a warrior race. I don't understand their language at all and this one guy pointed to my resources, I got lucy when I gave him carbon and he gave me a new tech.

Mostly Geks, one Vy'keen. No Korvax yet, but this is only my second system.

DZ_b_EZ

Its amazing how my PS4's video output stopped working a few weeks before this game launched. I had to cancel the limited edition which is now out of stock. Fortunately I sold a car of mines so I have money again, but I have to go to the dentist :( That's at least half of the money.

I don't know how much it will cost but there's a pro shop not that far from me. Hopefully I can get this crap system working. If not, then the PC version it is :\

Chitown B

Yes it does. It's amazing how samey all the planets become after your first 5 or so, scattered with a few moments of brilliance when you find a cool creature or world or landmark. But those are few and far between and the pattern the game is based off of makes itself clear pretty quickly. It's still pretty amazing what they've accomplished, but landing on a planet just to find the same building with the same looking ugly dude sitting in the same chair asking you the same weird questions gets old quick. The densely packed "points of interest" are like the same set of 20 cycled on every planet, and the wonder will wear off quickly for most.

Maybe settle down a bit and don't play so much? Sounds like you're rushing through it. Play another game, and come back. I've only found one structure on a planet and I've played about 7 hours.

Took me like six jumps to get AtlasPassV1, now everything is V3..FFFUUUUU

Guess that's three bags I'll be needing then.

Maybe settle down a bit and don't play so much? Sounds like you're rushing through it. Play another game, and come back. I've only found one structure on a planet and I've played about 7 hours.

To be fair, him "settling down" isn't going to make stuff not samey when he encounters it unless he somehow forgets.

mokeyjoe

Me too. Also I've been only been to 5 planets and they've all been crazy different.

I basically want to live on my current planet. There are literally castles and unicorns. Well unicorn lions.

Any tips on trying to discover all the species on a planet? I've just been going from question mark to question mark and hoping I found a new species.

I want to at least get 100% on my first planet before I warp to another system.

iosefe

Decided to reset a the. Dropped 8-9 hours in game.

Spent a couple hours on a red grass paradise. Will probably put some pictures tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom