• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Mans Sky Pathfinder Update Trailer

If they could figure out a way to add Hostile NPCs (ground-based with weapons and vehicles) with decent combat AI to planets with more unique rewards and a new progression system to the game that encourages settlements and conquest, instead of just scanning every damn thing, NMS could have an amazing Re-launch.

Seems like the game is getting more and more things to do, but it's still lacking a general purpose.

Glad to see HG hasn't just given up on the game.

Example: Put enemy factions on planets. Could even just be pirates. Random enemy bases with random enemies defending it. You go in, take out all the enemies, gather new building parts and schematics that you can take back to your home planet to add to your own base.

Something as simple as that would make the game way more interesting for me.

Alien wildlife and plant-life is cool, but it's just ambiance. You LOOK at it. You SCAN it. But you have no real reason to interact with it. Even the Sentinels are boring because they just float around deterring your farming efforts, which is just annoying.

Put in NPCs. Humanoids. Friendly and hostile. Give us a challenge!

Ships handle differently yet?

We know they have different attributes for each ship class type now, but not sure if they handle differently. I hope so though.

According to PlayStation trophies a few of the trophies look pretty long/hard
Get to the center of the galaxy in permadeath mode
Get to the center of the galaxy in survival mode.
I hope they changed the distance to get to the center if so lol
Sounds difficult

Apt username haha.

Getting to the center of the galaxy on permadeath sounds...not easy.

Juraash

I bought this game at launch, but due to some weird RL stuff, I didn't get a chance to play it. I've been working on my backlog a lot and the delays in getting to this game seem to have worked in my favor.

The updates look really awesome and the game seems to be growing more and more into my kind of experience. I'm not sure when I should jump in honestly, but each big update makes it harder to wait

vivekTO

Downsampling for 1080p on the Pro?

This is all we got now.

9851cd28_o.png

Excellent news.

I enjoyed the game. Was very hollow and decided to shelf it and wait for updates to improve it and I am glad I did.

Just hoping they have ps vr soon (very doubtful)

TP-DK

Thats one impressive update! I never played the last update as it sounded like I had to start a new game, I hope I wont have to do that for this update.

According to PlayStation trophies a few of the trophies look pretty long/hard
Get to the center of the galaxy in permadeath mode
Get to the center of the galaxy in survival mode.
I hope they changed the distance to get to the center if so lol
Sounds difficult

The universes are probably at the same size. It's not going to be a short journey.

Carlius

Banned
good, keep them coming. its still not enough i think honestly. the transport is nice but theres still a feeling of omething is missing tagged along it. ill wait a little longer and then go back to it, but its good theyre doing something.

vivekTO

Isn't downsampling an automatic thing?

Good patch. I am pretty tied up with other games right now but I'm hoping they will deliver another patch by this fall at which point I should have time to play.

Well some games don't allow you to do this automatically like TLOU remastered .

Nameless

The last update already provided a substantial visual upgrade, very interested to see how it looks on Pro

Very nice update, and Pro support! Looks like it's time to reinstall on my PS4 Pro! Hope they keep this level of support going forward, the game has serious potential, hopefully when it's all said and done it lives up to the original Vision we were sold on.

jiiikoo

Banned
From the other thread: The update is LIVE on PS4 (not sure about PC).

If it doesn't automatically start downloading, click Start on the app and select "Check for updates".

hadar

Trailer was pretty fantastic, as someone who never paid much attention to all the.. heated debate about the launch.
Was actually feeling the itch for an exploration game, and it's on sale for €15 or so, might just bite.

TheMan

Fair play to them for not cutting and running after all that negative feedback.

Yeah, they took a few punches to the face but they're gonna make sure their vision is fully realized. Good for them.

Fuck the haters.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
The graphical updates are huge. Lighting is more natural as are the colours, and caves no longer look like Santa's grotto. It looks stunning. I also like small details like when you mine and you see the damage you're doing. Everything I've got is only 'C' class though ...

red731

Yup, i just shifted mine from "scheduled" to "go for it" in Steam. 4.1GB

unable to initialize OpenGL window?

Let me know if you are getting that too since it wasn't happening. Trying restarting Steam.

Hmmm. Running the game on monitor instead of TV only throws this error. Getting closer!

edit: When running on TV I had to disable GPU scaling!

Unicorn

Spinning grass of certain types fixed?

Pipe dream at this point, but given certain grass does and others don't, I have hope.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Can you post some pics?? are you playing on Ps4 or PC or pro??

My son is playing Horizon at the moment. :( I've been forced off the PS4 and relegated to GAF.

Everything is cleaner, the colours are more natural, lighting is so damned good. I actually got a kick out of exploring my home planet for a while because it looks so different.

vivekTO

My son is playing Horizon at the moment. :( I've been forced off the PS4 and relegated to GAF.

Everything is cleaner, the colours are more natural, lighting is so damned good. I actually got a kick out of exploring my home planet for a while because it looks so different.

Hmm.. the thing is that i don't have horizon, well I don't have a son too, actually i don't have a ps4 as well so its a good thing i guess :p

Bold One

The graphical updates are huge. Lighting is more natural as are the colours, and caves no longer look like Santa's grotto. It looks stunning. I also like small details like when you mine and you see the damage you're doing. Everything I've got is only 'C' class though ...

PC or PS4?

Justified

Ctrl+F "Multiplayer".......oh

Seriously though GLad they are updating this and providing content for those who are still playing.

They lost me with the initial release. And with 2017 being the Year of Games, too much for me to return even if I wanted to

I think No Mans Sky is the next Driveclub, horrible launch but with post launch support became the magna cum laude of gaming.

meerak

Isn't downsampling an automatic thing?

Unfortunately not!

--

Guess I am play NMS tonight! Agree with many others in here in that, while the launch was it was it, it's cool of them to roll with the punches and keep the support strong. These updates are starting to look really great. Will try this out tonight, for sure.

unable to initialize OpenGL window?

Let me know if you are getting that too since it wasn't happening. Trying restarting Steam.

Hmmm. Running the game on monitor instead of TV only throws this error. Getting closer!

No, it started up fine for me but i only have a single monitor no TV or anything connected.
There was an audio glitch during start up as i had some ambient music but a repeated sqwaking like one of the samples was corrupt. I'm going to retry in a minute but DAMN it looks lovely now and will be great when the cache resettles and it all smoothes out.

edit: all was fine when i ran the game again

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Beautiful. Kinda wish there wasn't so much amazing all over the place in gaming right now, I didn't even get to fully explore the foundation update. Looks great though.

Top Bottom