• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Mans Sky | PC Performance Thread

Steam purchase, I launch the game , i see Hello Games logo then crash.

How do refunds work with Steam this will be the first time i refund something on Steam.

low-G

i5-6600k overclocked to 4.2 GHz
16GB of RAM

maxed settings, 1080p, 4xSSAA, framerate unlocked, vsync on.

Getting 60fps with a frame of stutter at random times on occasions, but not at all annoying to me.

Truant

How do refunds work with Steam this will be the first time i refund something on Steam.

Go to the support page in your library from the NMS page. Then click request refund. Seriously considering doing the same.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Got stuttering until I changed my graphics settings and restarted.

Running on:
i7 6700k @ 4.0GHz
GTX 1080
16GB RAM

FoV even at cap doesn't seem too crazy different, not that I mind that much.

Definitely getting crashes though.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

click your username at the top right > account details > view purchase history > click game > it's not what i expected > i'd like to request a refund.

Nzyme32

Apparently the 21:9 support is just a stretched 16:9. GG Hello Games

Anyone from gaf tried yet ?

source : https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidem...fyi_no_mans_skys_ultrawide_support_is_just_a/

Hahahaha!

I saw an image from twitter about that, and it makes no sense. It is stretched on an eyefinity style setup. Even worse, Murray's description of trying to understand how to support 21:9 "by using cardboard to extend the screen" made no sense. The only way to test properly without a 21:9 is just to use a resolution that conforms (such as 1920x822) and sort out all the UI and aspect ratio issues that surface that way.

Hope this is not actually the mess I'm assuming it is, but wouldn't be surprised

Dec

i don't follow him do you know what kind of specs his pc has?

This is what his Twitch page says

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.0ghz.
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2800
GPU: 2x Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
SSDs: 3x Sandisk Extreme Pro 480gb, 1x Samsung 950 PCI-E SSD.

He mentioned he disabled SLI.

Ok I've got it running at 1440p and it's up over 100fps and having some stutters (set prefer maximum power helped I think). Image quality is poor, this is with 4x SSAA.

I have to play windowed because 21:9 is stretched HUD.

JWoLlKo.png

GTX 1080
i7-6700K
16GB RAM
Win 10
SSD install

And you have to reboot the game after any change in the graphics options.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
whats with all the "hot takes" on performance? Just take a few min before declaring a hot mess, total junk port etc....

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
https://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit

Total biscuit is saying shit port confirmed basically, loads of stuttering and hitching etc, I kind of had a feeling this would be the case, this port has literally been thrown together at the last minute hasn't it?

*Edit* Nevermind FOV is working.

i know you said nevermind but yeah it's waaaay to early to confirm shit port. I'm watching HollywoodHansey's stream and it seems to be running really nice now after a few resolution tweeks.

Klyka

Banned
Got stutter and hitching as well, need to test stuff

This is what the game looks like with everything max on 1080p on a 970
screenshot taken with Steam

3B1E6702CC1B6F6B4752698F0BAEE9714EE2142A

Stiler

2600k @ 4.4ghz
8gb ram
Zotac amp extreme 1070 running latest 368.95 drivers.

I'm getting terrible "stuttering" every few seconds, it basically pauses for like a second or two, really freaking annoying.

This even happens if I turn graphics to medium/low.

The "stuttering" even happens when the game first starts, when you just see the space/stars and it's floating in space.

Saiyan-Rox

Did you make sure you aren't on 30fps? Latest driver? I'm running over 80fps with

I5-4690k
16gb DDR3
GTX 980TI

Smooth as hell no stutter looks amazing.

Yeah the 30fps is unlocked to 60fps and all the settings are max. I took some down though like AA is off and AF is on 4 and it's still doing it.

drivers should be upto date unless they updated today?

Plumpman

The "stuttering" even happens when the game first starts, when you just see the space/stars and it's floating in space.

Is the stuttering being reported just like the PS4 stutter when you save a checkpoint or first load on the title screen and it locks up for a second?

Flandy

Apparently the 21:9 support is just a stretched 16:9. GG Hello Games

Anyone from gaf tried yet ?

source : https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidem...fyi_no_mans_skys_ultrawide_support_is_just_a/
I'm confused. I'm seeing more on the sides?

edit: meant to edit this into my previous posts opps
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8834/28831891052_21ecf5a1a6_o.png
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8758/28936700295_703eb338af_o.png

I'm pretty sure I'm seeing more on the sides? Seems to be working or am I missing something?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Yeah the 30fps is unlocked to 60fps and all the settings are max. I took some down though like AA is off and AF is on 4 and it's still doing it.

drivers should be upto date unless they updated today?

i think nvidia have a new driver but it doesn't seem to showing for me just yet. i'm on 368.81

Top Bottom