• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Mans Sky | PC Performance Thread

DJ88

Oh mann, my i7 6700K and 1080 machine I built for VR is soooo ready for this! It's been killing me waiting all week while everyone's been playing on PS4.

I can't wait to get home.

Gurrry

Don't shoot me but, I've got my money on this performing badly.

I will legit cry if its a broken mess. Especially after having to wait all week for it.

However, if they were really crunching to get the PC version up to par in these past 3 days, then you might be right.

orava

It's pretty clear that the game is pre-generating stuff during warp and when it loads new system. If the time in warp is not set in advance then loading times should get a nice boost with beefier pc.

kmg90

Wow, those system requirements on posted on stores....

CPU: Core i3

Might as well just say a cpu that was made in the last 7 years...

Please let modding happen. It will help this game immensely.

I would love if they released their tools, so people could make their own assets and stuff. I don't even know if that's possible though.

Probably not much because it's not loading things from the HDD all the time like most open world games but generating them with math in real time instead.

I have no proof of this whatsoever but from the PS4 version it seems when you go into Hyperdrive you go into a loading screen of sorts. It doesn't look like a loading screen but that is what COULD be happening as some folks have complained of being in the screen for a while until the new cluster of planets is loaded on the screen. I am hoping an SSD will shrink down some of that travel time.

Coffinhal

Please let modding happen. It will help this game immensely.

I would love if they released their tools, so people could make their own assets and stuff. I don't even know if that's possible though.

Just start a petition or something like this. They could definitely work something out that could be accessible for both PC and PS4. Their 12 men-team must focus on fixing little things and implementing core gameplay features while modding can do the rest.

diaspora

It's 12:40 where I am now, but I won't be able to play until 10-11pm tonight. Gotta work to be able to afford this game but don't have enough time to play this game.

raining_david_tennant.gif

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
will this game be one of the few games that more cores and HT will make a difference?

who knows if it will make full use of an i7 with hyper threading but this games performance will definitely depend on how good the CPU is rather than GPU. the game looks nice but nothing crazy. the CPU will be put to work for sure when it generates all the planets and it's animals.

the heaviest drops on PS4 (30FPS to 14FPS) are not when you're on the planet exploring but entering a new planet. everything is being generated there and then.

kmg90

I have no proof of this whatsoever but from the PS4 version it seems when you go into Hyperdrive you go into a loading screen of sorts. It doesn't look like a loading screen but that is what COULD be happening as some folks have complained of being in the screen for a while until the new cluster of planets is loaded on the screen. I am hoping an SSD will shrink down some of that travel time.

Your confusing loading with generating...

The game could virtually fit in memory on PS4 (which is not likely given that isn't how games and memory management work and etc... but it's still not a huge game in terms storage requirements)

Also I would guess some of things that are happening during warp is pings to the server for discovery information or acknowledgement if first to enter the system.

MaDKaT

It's 12:40 where I am now, but I won't be able to play until 10-11pm tonight. Gotta work to be able to afford this game but don't have enough time to play this game.

Don't feel too bad. I'm still at work, have to study for class tonight, class all day tomorrow and plans in the evening so I may get to it Sunday, lol

kmg90

who knows if it will make full use of an i7 with hyper threading but this games performance will definitely depend on how good the CPU is rather than GPU. the game looks nice but nothing crazy. the CPU will be put to work for sure when it generates all the planets and it's animals.

the heaviest drops on PS4 (30FPS to 14FPS) are not when you're on the planet exploring but entering a new planet. everything is being generated there and then.

Come on, it can only requires an i3.. i7 will probably barely get stressed by this game...
/s I would be impressed if this actually the case

Your confusing loading with generating...

The game could virtually fit in memory on PS4 (which is not likely given that isn't how games and memory management work and etc... but it's still not a huge game in terms storage requirements)

Also I would guess some of things that are happening during warp is pings to the server for discovery information or acknowledgement if first to enter the system.

Like I said, I don't know shit and it was just a hope. :(

That second GIF is amazing. You could see something was not quite right at the initial lift-off.

not to go completely OT but hey, 5 minutes and counting...grew up in Cocoa Beach Florida, and Cape Canaveral would send Titan Rockets up all the time. Most made it, many did not. It would be crazy sitting out in the lineup surfing, seeing one of these take off then explode in a ball of fire in what seemed to be right over your head. So crazy.

Top Bottom