• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Mans Sky | PC Performance Thread

noomi

QregPfz.jpg

*** No Longer Updating This Thread as of 9/12 | Information, Downloads, Drivers May Be Outdated ***

News:
9/2/16 - New Patch released (1.07)

Tips, Tricks & Tweaks:
*The latest Game Update (1.07) fixes most of these issues*
- To make changes to Graphics Options you have to hold down the mouse button to confirm.
- For Stuttering, make sure to disable V-Sync and remove the 30FPS Cap.
- Set the game to Borderless Window (might help with alt+tab issues).
- Force Anisotropic Filtering to x16 into your graphics control panel.
- Crashing? Download this: VC 2010 Redist
- Crashing upon start? Delete the Settings folder in the Binaries directory of the game.
- FPS Boost/Smoothness Fix: Disable G-Sync
- Smoothness Fix 2: In your Graphics Control Panel set Shader Cache to "Off"
- FOV Fix: Link
- You can remove the Pre-Order Ship in Steam, right click on NMS game properties >DLC>Uncheck

Latest Graphics Drivers:

Title Updates:
Version: 1.07
Released: 9/2
Notes: Patch Notes

Game Specifications:
Minimum Specifications:
Processor: Intel Core i3
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GTX 480, AMD Radeon 7870
Storage: 10 GB available space
*Requires OpenGL 4.5, Intel cards are not supported.
*Core 2 CPUs and below are not supported

Graphics Options:

Benchmarks:

Links:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread OP Updates:
9/2
- New Patch is out for Steam & GoG

9/1
- new nVidia Drivers: 372.70

8/15
- Benchmarks, courtesy of GameGPU

8/12
- New AMD Driver 16.8.2
- Graphics Options, courtesy of nVidia
- Thread Created! Wooo!

noomi

I know it's a bit premature but I had the time to work on it now, so the PC Performance Thread is here!

Will try and keep the thread updated as best as I can, but will probably need some help from the community to keep it as up to date.

Even used the NMS font in the banner :eek:

WE ARE HOURS AWAY GAF!!!! ALMOST THERE

I'll be very interested to see how this thing looks on proper high spec systems but also if it runs competently, if at all, on very low spec ones.

qatak

Neo Member
Why do I have this sinking feeling the performance is going to be a mess? Hoping I get proved wrong...

SomTervo

You should add the FOV slider options to the 'Graphical settings' part. Sean confirmed them earlier this week IIRC.

That 8GB RAM minimum demand is confusing. I'm sure it's a very generous estimate. The only other game I have which uses 8GB of RAM (VR aside) is Mirror's Edge Catalyst which seems way more intensive than NMS based on what I've played of NMS on PS4. Edit: now I think about it, I'm sure descending to planets is really RAM-heavy.

I'll be very interested to see how this thing looks on proper high spec systems but also if it runs competently, if at all, on very low spec ones.

I don't think it'll be kind to low spec systems. Really intensive on the CPU, the GPU, and possibly the RAM.

gossi

We should probably say when the game releases on PC, to avoid confusion. (And yes, great job - really good post)

noomi

You should add the FOV slider options to the 'Graphical settings' part. Sean confirmed them earlier this week IIRC.

That 8GB RAM minimum demand is confusing. I'm sure it's a very generous estimate. The only other game I have which uses 8GB of RAM (VR aside) is Mirror's Edge Catalyst which seems way more intensive than NMS based on what I've played of NMS on PS4.

Haha, let me find the image that was posted around reddit. I'll add it.

Also any suggestions or improvements you guys have for the OP, please let me know. I'll do my best here :)

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Will anyone here be streaming the PC version so I can see how it looks and runs(along with the graphical settings)?

noomi

We should probably say when the game releases on PC, to avoid confusion. (And yes, great job - really good post)

Good call, added it.

Anyone have one of those nifty release countdown timers I can add to the OP, not sure how that works....?

*edit*

nevermind, found it!

Hope it runs on my Dell XPS.

intel I7 - 6700HQ
16GB of RAM
512SSD
1080p FHD screen
here's the part I'm kinda worried about...I got the Nvidia Geforce 960M 2GB.

J4g3r

i7 6700k @ 4.0
980ti
16GB RAM

1440p max settings please.

Haha, let me find the image that was posted around reddit. I'll add it.

Also any suggestions or improvements you guys have for the OP, please let me know. I'll do my best here :)

21:9 support too, he mentioned taping cardboard to the sides of his monitor when implementing it because they don't have a 21:9 monitor at the studio.

Hope it runs on my Dell XPS.

intel I7 - 6700HQ
16GB of RAM
512SSD
1080p FHD screen
here's the part I'm kinda worried about...I got the Nvidia Geforce 960M 2GB.

If it's at all well optimized it well run great on that.

I'll be waiting in this game until it's around $20-30. Might have been tempted to jump with the usual 20% discount at least but seeing as that's not available I'll wait.

Excited to see some great screenshots though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Use secondapps.com/countdown to generate a countdown image that automatically updates upon refresh.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i've got a bad feeling about this.

i'm hoping and praying it looks and runs significantly better than PS4. My pc should be no problem:

i7-6700K, 16GB, GTX 1070.

EVO

I should probably post this in the OT but I'm thinking of buying this on GOG since it's cheaper there. Is there any reason why I shouldn't buy it there instead of Steam?

If it's at all well optimized it well run great on that.

I'll be waiting in this game until it's around $20-30. Might have been tempted to jump with the usual 20% discount at least but seeing as that's not available I'll wait.

Excited to see some great screenshots though.

Going to be interesting as I'm reading in the steam discussion boards the 480 (minimum) is much better than the 900M series.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I should probably post this in the OT but I'm thinking of buying this on GOG since it's cheaper there. Is there any reason why I shouldn't buy it there instead of Steam?

nope. get it on GOG if it's cheaper. either gog/steam is fine.

Stitch

Gold Member
I hope it doesn't have the ugly pop-in with the ugly dithering. I also hope it's possible to disable Chromatic Abomination.

It's finally here! Man, that wait this week has been awful. Having to see all the people on ps4 playing. It will all be worth it running this at 1440 at 60fps :)

Nheco

Will be interesting to see how it runs on my 750ti OC.

Looking to past PS4 / PC releases, I think it will run it pretty well. My Oc'ed gtx750ti (with an i5 6600) run SOMA maxed at 60 fps. I'm kinda confident that I'll be able to max it or something very close at least 30fps.

Klyka

Banned
So, if this doesn't take full advantage of the way better CPU in a PC compared to PS4, which Sean Murray said in regards to the PS4 NEO would "completely change the experience we can provide" then, well....not sure what to say.

I really hope it is not just a full on PS4 port with some higher res and FPS.
But it'll probably be.

Top Bottom