• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 3 Will Be Open World And Use Motion Controllers, Confirms Suda 51

Mista

Banned
no-more-heroes-3-1024x576.jpg

In an interview with Wccftech, Suda 51 talked about various aspects of the game. Those looking forward to the game will find a lot of familiarity. One which way is that the game will have an open world in a similar fashion to the original game.
“It will definitely be a bigger open world than the original No More Heroes, but you have to remember that we’re a middle-class studio in terms of size. It takes a lot of skills, wisdom, and resources to make an open-world game, so it won’t be as big as something you see from huge companies like Ubisoft or Rockstar.”

It will also feature the iconic motion controls the game’s have been known for, even if motion controls are a bit out of fashion compared to when the series launched originally on the Wii
“It will definitely have the motions you know from the series [the Beam Katana charge motion…you know the one…was done to illustrate], but the real challenge was figuring out how to best use the Switch hardware. There are some interesting new possibilities.”
GamingBolt

Barnabot

I hope the motion controls are not the only way to play the game. Especially when you intend to play it in handheld mode.

ROMhack

Quietly interested but Suda hasn't made a good game in a long ass time, albeit partly because he took a step back in order to manage Grasshopper.

At this stage though I'm more interested in that collaborative horror game between him and Swery.

Last edited:

Kazza

“It will definitely have the motions you know from the series

Stannis-Baratheon-Uncomfortable-Disgust.gif

While NMH2's motion controls were among the better ones on the Wii, I would still prefer the option of regular controls. If I was feeling optimistic I would say that maybe the new tech in the Switch controls could possibly lead to a better experience.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I have a very low tolerance for jank in open-world games so I don't have high hopes for this.

I'm glad that Nintendo is keeping the series alive for fans, though.

As long as it's like No More Heroes 2 and the PS3 version of 1 where you had the choice of normal controls/controller or motion controls. The wiimote the joycons are not.

Then again he specifically specified the the charging your saber motion controls, not the attack motion controls, you can still jackoff fine with the pro controller and handheld mode.

Last edited:
no-more-heroes-3-1024x576.jpg

In an interview with Wccftech, Suda 51 talked about various aspects of the game. Those looking forward to the game will find a lot of familiarity. One which way is that the game will have an open world in a similar fashion to the original game.

It will also feature the iconic motion controls the game’s have been known for, even if motion controls are a bit out of fashion compared to when the series launched originally on the Wii

GamingBolt

Being open world is a big turnoff for me, if motion controls are not deactivable, too, it's a no buy for me, sorry

Bkdk

Great, hopefully it will also offer more non linear story options and multiple endings, more customizations and exploration elements. I always like open world more and hopefully suda takes advantage of it.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Same, I never got the chance to play the first two game and I really want to play them before the 3rd game comes out.

I am in the same boat, I bought Travis Strikes again which I haven't finished but I am having fun with. However I feel like I am missing out on little quips from previous games by not having played them

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
What would happen if Suda51 and Swery65 got together to make a Platinum game.

Last edited:

Gargus

Banned
He has had made some cool and interesting games but really he hasn't done anything in a awhile I would consider good, more like varying degrees of mediocrity. And honestly, I don't like no more heroes and I don't care to play games on the switch really so this game holds no real interest at all for me now that I think about it.

Shadows of the damned and lollipop chainsaw were the last games of his I enjoyed, but that was a while ago.

EDMIX

I have a very low tolerance for jank in open-world games so I don't have high hopes for this.

I'm glad that Nintendo is keeping the series alive for fans, though.

Well I don't know how much Nintendo has to do with it, thank Marvelous for putting them out as I believe after Ubisoft, that publisher has been publishing their work.

chaseroni

Stannis-Baratheon-Uncomfortable-Disgust.gif

While NMH2's motion controls were among the better ones on the Wii, I would still prefer the option of regular controls. If I was feeling optimistic I would say that maybe the new tech in the Switch controls could possibly lead to a better experience.

What was dope about NMH2 is you could use a classic controller to play through the whole game, works great in Dolphin with a standard gamepad

Arkam

Im happy for teh open world bit... but if its not VR/AR I dont want motion controls part of any game.

Top Bottom