• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes: DS New Trailer

Surgeon Isa

Neo Member
Zanmato said:
I would hope they fix that loading to switch weapons. That should not be happening at all.

It's more than likely there to deter frequent weapon swapping. So you can't abuse it in the heat of combat without penalty.

Zanmato

Banned
Surgeon Isa said:
It's more than likely there to deter frequent weapon swapping. So you can't abuse it in the heat of combat without penalty.
I don't buy that it's clearly loading. A quick animation of him putting back one beam saber and reaching for the other two to dual wield is perfect. And if you wanted to "deter" people from doing it during combat add a little flare. Travis is a jackass, him like, twisting one saber into it's holder and twirling out the other two works, hell make it as long as you want (at least try to mask the loading). But hey it doesn't make sense to punish someone for free-styling.

The weapon switch lag was weird and out of place. I imagine it's due to the game being unfinished. Even if the lag is necessary they'd include some animation...I'd imagine.

After rewatching it I'm reminded how in some parts of NMH you'd have to press A to "activate" your katana. It's almost like he switched weapons, had to press A to bring them out, but didn't know. I dunno. Either way it was weird, and I can't imagine it's being overlooked

G.O.O.

Remember that every katana has a loading animation, and the more powerful the weapon is, the longer it takes for it to be ready. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the same.

NotWii

Banned
TheShampion said:
If they ever make a NMH for the DS, the subtitle should be Winning Inspiration Initiative, or something like that, just confuse people even more.
I hope Suda51 is reading.

Why don't interviewers ask developers if they read neogaf?!

Zanmato

Banned
G.O.O. said:
Remember that every katana has a loading animation, and the more powerful the weapon is, the longer it takes for it to be ready. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the same.
The hell are you talking about? Besides the press a thing at the start of a level, I don't remember any loading.

Fritz

NMH on DS doesnt sound like fun at all. The game we are actually getting on the oter hand looks and sounds so effin awesome.

2D minigames are perfect. They were kinda draggin in 3D and it was really my only complain with the game. I imagine them being much quicker now.

I loved the city, it oozed of style. The pale colours and the dark, sharp shadows gave me a modern western, high noon kinda vibe. Im probably alone on this one though.

Amalthea

Banned
Fritz said:
I loved the city, it oozed of style. The pale colours and the dark, sharp shadows gave me a modern western, high noon kinda vibe. Im probably alone on this one though.

Don't worry, I felt the same! :D

Zanmato

Banned
G.O.O. said:
Blood berry - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySk8jJimz8g#t=3m28s
Tsubaki Mk III - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1R4bGBUFYM#t=2m17s

Reading your comments, I'm not sure you played it to this point though (or maybe you're masochistic). :p
Are you talking about charging? The videos start at the start of a level. I wouldn't count those.

And yes I got the perfect ending. Thank god they had that last mission or was it second to last(in the second video). Getting money was less of a hassle.

At the event, they were talking about how they were still working on the game, so who knows if they'll add some animation in for the sword switching or not.

D-X

126.jpg

I must hand it to Rising Star if they really are going to release 2 versions. It's nice that they've listened this time.

Nope I don't need a reason to post that image

big_z

abstract alien said:
Is this going to be locked at 60fps like the good version of the first one?

anyone know anything about the first game having a 60fps release? im guessing it's bullshit but still...

somedevil

Surgeon Isa said:
Lets not try to make sense of any of the NMH mythology.

Buuuuut, to be fair,
Destroy Man is allegedly a cyborg in this game.

Thats been confirmed twice though by edge and by the voice actor that his character is back.

ptown

First game, I liked the style and how ridiculous it all was.

But I didn't like a lot of other things. The traveling was the worst part. I skipped all the 1-hit = failure side missions. I didn't quite get into the fighting (the main part of the game!) as much as I would have liked.

Despite all those things I "didn't get", the game had charm that most games don't have. The sequel looks a lot nicer and looks like it still has its unique charm.

I almost even want to get the first one again even though I don't particularly enjoy all of its gameplay.

Can we get an animated gif of travis and that guy slashing up the ladies?
EDIT: and I don't know what the fourth beam katana is, I know that there is the normal 1 katana, the two katana, and the long one, but what is the fourth?

octopusman said:
EDIT: and I don't know what the fourth beam katana is, I know that there is the normal 1 katana, the two katana, and the long one, but what is the fourth?

Dual Chain Saw Beam Katanas.

Surgeon Isa

Neo Member
octopusman said:

The fourth is the Tsubaki MK-III. At least, going by the trailer. I hope Suda was lying about 4 though.

EDIT: Since I just bumped this post, some might think there's new info so, Impressions here

Also 51st post.

Top Bottom