• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes: DS New Trailer

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Magypsy23 said:
Animated gif please.

24v8p3s.gif

I'm too lazy and inept to make up the new ones.

MarkusRJR

First thing I noticed was the over the top hair animations on Travis. They're awesome. So is the rest of the game.

Also, R.I.P. Hoes.

Jerid

Banned
Gameplay looks the same, most imporantly it looks smooth. Then again I dont remember NMH having much framerate issues in the battle scenes.

The horrible overworld needs to be totally reworked though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, this game can't come soon enough. It looks fantastic.

Now I just want to hear the soundtrack. I hope Takada is still on board for the music (though, really, what are the chances of him NOT doing the game's OST).

I never played the first one, saw it someone for only 20 euros, guess I'm going to buy it :p My Wii needs some dusting off.

The first game was censored in Europe though, is this one going to be censored too?

G.O.O.

I cum blood. :|

Errrrm... wait ! This time, the censorship looks cooler than the uncensored version D:

God I love Grasshopper so fucking much.

Sude 51 is awesome :lol

Seraphis Cain said:
Now I just want to hear the soundtrack. I hope Takada is still on board for the music (though, really, what are the chances of him NOT doing the game's OST).

Takada is the Grasshopper in-studio composer, so there's no chance at all :D

Which is a good thing. That could be a deal-breaker for me.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT @ the 2D, 8-bit jobs! Not to mention the character models, WOW.

Ydahs

The hands-on videos must be watched!!

Move aside Uncharted 2, NMHDS is now my most anticipated game. I am someone who looked passed the flaws of the original and enjoyed the game for what it's worth. It's still one of the best games I've ever played and this one seems to improve on all aspects!

Oh and the animations.... sensational.

Dascu

Not watching the boss fight. I practically knew about all of the bosses of the first game before I played it, so I'd rarther keep the experience more surprising this time around.

G.O.O.

Night_Trekker said:
Takada is the Grasshopper in-studio composer, so there's no chance at all :D

Which is a good thing. That could be a deal-breaker for me.
GHM cares a lot about music in its games. If it wasn't Takada, it would probably be someone they trust (like Suda not directing this time, only supervising).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dascu said:
Not watching the boss fight. I practically knew about all of the bosses of the first game before I played it, so I'd rarther keep the experience more surprising this time around.

Same here. I'm happy to watch trailers that show snippits of gameplay, but I've ruined waaay too many games by watching hands-on previews. I'd like the actually progression of gameplay to be experienced by myself first hand, and will stick to snazzy trailers for hype.

The 2D job games look so good. More retro goodness in NMH :D.

vall03

The trailer was fucking awesome! Suda 51 is the man! Still waiting for the hands-on video to buffer *grumble*

Anyway, I hope they show Travis' new room next time, I also want to see Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly 2! Travis has been wearing that new shirt and now Im wondering what his new room will look like. Travis is still obsessed with the anime right?

G.O.O. said:
GHM cares a lot about music in its games. If it wasn't Takada, it would probably be someone they trust (like Suda not directing this time, only supervising).

Yeah, I know. And I know as well as you do that I would give the game a chance even if Takada were not composing :lol

EatChildren said:
Same here. I'm happy to watch trailers that show snippits of gameplay, but I've ruined waaay too many games by watching hands-on previews. I'd like the actually progression of gameplay to be experienced by myself first hand, and will stick to snazzy trailers for hype.

Same. No "hands on" footage for me.

Monocle

Suda 51, your game feels so good!

The new features are better than I expected, and the whole game looks substantially tightened up compared to original (which I really must replay one of these days). My anticipation has reached new heights.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
NES-style side jobs are the best thing ever. This whole generation is instantly redeemed!

G.O.O.

Night_Trekker said:
Yeah, I know. And I know as well as you do that I would give the game a chance even if Takada were not composing :lol
*phew*

Speaking about music, I really can't wait to hear the 8 bits tunes (... or will it be 8 bits ?) that'll go with the jobs :D

excitexcitexcitexcitexcitexcite

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Some stuff I noticed from the trailer;

- Multiple colours for the dual katanas.
- “Dust” effect on the ground when an enemy is pushed backwards from a blow. As they slide backwards there’s a dust trail along their feet.
- ‘Coin’ death effect not uses notes instead.
- Looks like bloom lighting of sorts in some places, particularly noticeably on the chandelier.
- Characters don’t have full shadows anymore. I think they did in the original. Now it’s just two ‘tear’ shadows where a character’s feet are.
- Travis has heaps more animations, particularly on his clothes. His jacket and t-shirt will shake and move as he attacks, such as riding up to show Travis’ back.
- Destroyable scenery. Benches are broken in a couple of scenes.

Nothing overly special, but some stuff people might have missed. I really hope the framerate isn’t that low during the cheerleader scene. That's the only part I don't like.

Dascu

- Characters don’t have full shadows anymore. I think they did in the original. Now it’s just two ‘tear’ shadows where a character’s feet are.
Pretty sure it was like that in the original.

Yazus

Saw thread title: No More Heroes for the DS? Entered expecting shit, watched 9min video, got out cumming liquid gold

KevinCow

Banned
Why did I wait to watch this trailer? That was hilarious.

Also, that revolver revolver is like the best gun ever. I want one.

doomed1 said:
oh, so you meant the proof it's in a soundstage and not so much by Ubisoft? well, Ubisoft DID have a huge and mind numbing bit during E3 this year about how they're becoming something of a film production company as well, so they have to be using them for SOMETHING. it's really only an educated guess, but that's how i'd assume Ubi would want to do it...
My friend.....I was being sarcastic :lol

Anyways, where is John Harker? Some fan HE turned out to be...

EDIT: Looks like IGN forgot how to play NMH.

Don

Is it still confirmed that Europe is getting two versions of this?
I had the play the censored version of the first game then just watch the uncensored boss kills on youtube and don't want to do that again for this one.

Dascu

Don said:
Is it still confirmed that Europe is getting two versions of this?
I had the play the censored version of the first game then just watch the uncensored boss kills on youtube and don't want to do that again for this one.
I don't think they'll make the same "mistake" twice? To be honest though, the censored kills look better than in the first game. Reminds me a lot of Killer7's effects.

Don

Dascu said:
I don't think they'll make the same "mistake" twice? To be honest though, the censored kills look better than in the first game. Reminds me a lot of Killer7's effects.
The kills for the regular enemies were never really that bad anyway, but for the bosses they just felt very watered down, expecially for characters like Holly Summers.

G.O.O.

They remind me the alternate boxart made by a gaffer for K7 :D

I'm really on the fence about this - I mean choosing censored or uncensored version. I'll probably go with the uncensored one if the cutscenes are f'd like in the first episode, but damn, these circles are really cool.

GasProblem said:
I never played the first one, saw it someone for only 20 euros, guess I'm going to buy it :p My Wii needs some dusting off.

The first game was censored in Europe though, is this one going to be censored too?

Dascu said:

Confirmed by Rising Star that there are going to be two versions for europe, the censored, and the uncensored.
Somo people in europe like better the ashes effects. As euorpean I had the pal version, and when I saw the videos I always liked better the american version (in the pal one they were camera issues for the bosses intros because of the censor, camera moving because of a diembodied head not appearing in the pal for example). This time I will choose the uncensored pal version.

oblo

Hands-on gameplay looks real sweet. Game seems to bring everything to the table that a sequel should. I WILL buy BOTH versions if they do release it like that in Europe just out of gratitude for Suda51 and Grashopper Manufacture for making games so tailormade to my tastes that they almost feel like a personal gift. I'm not kidding, not one bit.

thefro

Definitely looking more polished than the first. Nice to see the improved enemy variety and camera. The retro 8-bit job minigames is a pretty inspired choice.

Nothing can describe what I've just seen. I wish there were ways for Grasshopper to release demos for the Wii. I didn't think NHM1 couldn't be outdone but I'm so glad I'm wrong. Hopefully with TGS coming up we get some more gameplay because I just need to keep my hype meter up until January.

Suda 51 is the FUCKING MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw the trailer Bozon linked to, and I'm very impressed. This game has improved immensely in all of it's weakest areas, and it really shows. I hope Suda gives the Wii another shot after this game is released though.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
This goes without saying, but easily my most anticipated game in development right now.

Suda is certainly my favorite developer to follow and watch in interviews and videos too :lol
You can tell he totally gets off on this shit too

Just bought the first No More Heroes for only 20 euros, I'll just watch the uncensored boss cutscenes after I kill them the censored way.

For this one I'll buy the uncensored version though, I want my gore.

Top Bottom