• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes: DS New Trailer

Teknoman

Zanmato said:
"AHHHHHHHHH NO MORE HEROES THE THREAD OF CHEERLEADERS, COCONUTS, AND BEAMING ERECTIONS....wait this plays like shit."

2mzl16c.gif

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Zanmato said:
"AHHHHHHHHH NO MORE HEROES THE THREAD OF CHEERLEADERS, COCONUTS, AND BEAMING ERECTIONS....wait this plays like shit."

What didn't you like about the first game? I thought the gameplay mechanics were solid and utilized the motion controls in a satisfying way, the pacing was nice switching between jobs, missions, and boss fights, and the music rocked the house.

Teknoman

The only thing that sucked about the first game was the low quality free roam overworld.
dkeane said:
Any source for this? Fan made? Sweet pic!

Not sure, just saw it in a GAF topic awhile back.

Nicktals

Banned
Finally read the full hands-on, and this was too good not to repost, concerning the boss battle:

ign said:
As Travis enters the room, the enemy is flanked on both sides by beautiful afro women. The two exchange words like, "'I've got a shit ton of anger to work out!" Shortly after, the boss unexpectedly picks up his women and hurls them both at the antihero. Within seconds, the ladies are cut limb from limb -- twisted collateral damage and the penalty for standing in the middle of the two fighters as they clash beams. The first time I saw this brutal cinematic, I thought, well, that was ridiculously harsh, and yet I couldn't help but smile because the entire scenario is so far-fetched and over-the-top that it borders on funny, especially later when the nemesis punts one of the girls' decapitated heads like a football. Yeah, it's obscene and offensive, but it wouldn't be No More Heroes 2 if it wasn't.

Nicktals said:
Finally read the full hands-on, and this was too good not to repost, concerning the boss battle:
I was half-expecting something like that happening to the girls, given the series brutality, but still, holy crap.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Jaded Alyx said:
the opening involved the Ubisoft logo and more production value than IGN could ever hope to pull out of their ass. it was likely done as a bit to go along with the gameplay demos they're probably going around giving. include the bit that it's called a "trailer" and not an "interview" and it becomes pretty obvious it was Ubi's doing.

doomed1 said:
the opening involved the Ubisoft logo and more production value than IGN could ever hope to pull out of their ass. it was likely done as a bit to go along with the gameplay demos they're probably going around giving. include the bit that it's called a "trailer" and not an "interview" and it becomes pretty obvious it was Ubi's doing.

Not sure exactly what IGN has to do with this...

rikichi

Seriously, I'm fucking speechless...What an awesome trailer.

Looking forward to seeing more boss reveals. Lovin the design of the new revolver guy.

Hope to hear some tracks from the game soon becuase thats what I'm most looking forward to as well.

Oh and Suda, you one stylish mothafuka.

Finally got to watch the video. Definitely like what I'm seeing. I think I'll throw down a pre-order for No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle when I pick up Muramasa some time this weekend.

doomed1 said:
I'm gonna go ahead and guess you must be tired or something.

EmCeeGramr said:
everybody kill bozon
Did that already.

Damn, that looked good. Loving the 8 Bit jobs, and the graphical improvement are nice. I'm just wondering whether to get it Day 1, or for it to price drop like the first.

does anyone else get annoyed by how IGN handles video links in their articles? The video looks like its embedded but it just links you to a new page. I fall for it every time, too :(

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Jaded Alyx said:
I'm gonna go ahead and guess you must be tired or something.
oh, so you meant the proof it's in a soundstage and not so much by Ubisoft? well, Ubisoft DID have a huge and mind numbing bit during E3 this year about how they're becoming something of a film production company as well, so they have to be using them for SOMETHING. it's really only an educated guess, but that's how i'd assume Ubi would want to do it...

kiruyama said:
does anyone else get annoyed by how IGN handles video links in their articles? The video looks like its embedded but it just links you to a new page. I fall for it every time, too :(

Oddly enough, for a time, they WERE embedded.
I guess they stopped doing that to save server usage or something.

Meesh

Suda is the new definition of cool...he's taken the best parts of everything bad ass in the universe, and distilled them into 100% cool, concentrated, assassitudinal kill joy. This is one of the few games I'll be pouring huge amounts of "time I don't have" in to.

I dub thee, Suda"the icon"51.

dcdobson

The first No More Heroes is easily one of the most memorable games I've ever played. This will almost certainly be better.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I guess I'm not the first one to say this, but those 2D job missions look really awesome :lol As does the super-long beam sword.

Can't wait for this game!

Roto13

I like that weird dissolving enemy thing from the Japanese version. :p
Not that I'd want it to be censored like that in North America.

Jerid

Banned
This game looks so much better than the first, this is what happens when you actually get a budget.

Hope it sells.

Dr. Chaos

Banned
Roto13 said:
I like that weird dissolving enemy thing from the Japanese version. :p
Not that I'd want it to be censored like that in North America.
I think I realized just how desensitized I've become to violence when I started laughing hysterically during the middle of the mission that asks you to one shot kill 100 enemies in a row in quick succession.

Love the expression on Travis' face during the cheerleader...attack? Well, we know it's going to end with them ripping beam sabers or maces out of their pom poms so we'll call it an attack.

The Helter Skelter thing is interesting, the resemblance and deja vu is a lil strong there. Another twin?

I could see Suda bringing him back from the dead just becuase he's feels like it and he's awesome like that but for some reason, I can't see alot of zombie resurrections in NMH's future.

That being said, I'm all for whacky shit. I don't think theres much this series couldn't get away with.

Hell, the last hour of the first game made no damn sense and it was all the more insanely wonderful for it.

Jaroof

:O
Everything looks like it improved so much.
Graphics, gameplay, camera...
Good to know the save process and charging the beam saber are still the same :lol

CAN'T WAIT!!!

^^^^

Word. Oh also... someone asked earlier if you had to use motion now to do regular attacks. That is not the case. A attacks, B is for kicks and finishing with the wrestling moves, and the motion is used for just the finishing swipes.

So no. No ruied NMH with waggle waggle waggle.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I am covered in so much of my own cum it's not even funny.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The boss fight gets pretty crazy at the end, there. I like that slices of pizza are the health powerups, heh.

And every time the loading screen with the spinning star appeared, I was like, "Press the B button! Quick! Mash it!!"

miksar

I wonder when Santa Destroy will be shown. I recall Suda promised some major improvements in the the open-world part of the game.
But so far looks like one of the best games of the next decade... yeah, you heard it.

Discomurf

Wait....

Was that an Irish Hip-Hop Boss that beat-boxes, throws hoes, has moving floors, and screams "Bless You!" while firing off missles?

... fuxin sign me up!!:D

Top Bottom