• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No more Heroes impressions (now with in depth impressions)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
legend166 said:
Are you like, playing for two minutes, then posting, then playing again?

I just finished the first stage! I am now ranked 10. I am awesome. No more Heroes is awesome.

I lied, action game of the year is not basara, its NMH.

.dmc

Banned
sp0rsk said:
Where did all that blood go :(
Fucking Japan.

ItsInMyVeins said:
Alright. So what about the stuff that really matters? Like being able to take a dump?

Holy ROFL-ton, I had Timedog's crap thread open in a tab, closed it, did something else, then came back to this thread not remembering which thread I had open :lol

pulga

Banned
Don't know if it's been in other impressions, but does the Wii remote emit a lightsaberesque sound when you swing the Beam Katana?

sprsk

So I'm lookin' around my hotel room, and I saw that you could watch tv. So far all I have is the video for the song Heavenly Star by Genki Rockets. Lumines connection get.

I remember the days when capcom removed the american version blood from megaman zero when you cut the robots in half with your beam sword...what's with the reversal?

edit: well this isnt published by capcom so maybe my post is completely stupid

editx2: btw i fucking WANT THIS GAME

Vinnk

I'm gonna see if any of the local shops will break the street date. If not I have to wait until tomorrow :(

sprsk

I got a beam sword thing for my cell phone when I bought the game btw.

I'm doing a Coconut collecting side mission right now lol.

big_z

is the framerate shit indoors or just when on the bike?

is there a sound test? if so can you record the track "pleather for breakfast"?

sprsk

I picked the "sweet" difficulty, so it's easy, but super fun.

Combat isn't that deep as it is OMG FUCK SHIT UP AWESOME

It makes light saber sounds, I'm not sure if they come otu of the wiimote. There is a lot of Wiimote noisemaking in this game though.

Mdk7

Cool Sp0rsk, it seems that Suda delivered it.

A couple of questions about the combat system and the whole gameplay in general: how varied is the game? Do combats have a different impact one another or do they feel like a more of the same?

And how bizarro is the game? Is it weird/surreal/fucked up à la Killer7?
Thanks!

maxmars

Can I please know more about the framerate, sp0rsk, please? I'm a framerate whore. :(

Is it distracting? Does it make you want to stop going around in the city?

swerve

More framerate info please!

I'm meant to be picking this up in two hours, but if the framerate is jumpy, rather than fixed, then I'm out. I wouldn't even mind if it's fixed at some crazy low figure, just not changing.

sprsk

swerve said:
More framerate info please!

I'm meant to be picking this up in two hours, but if the framerate is jumpy, rather than fixed, then I'm out. I wouldn't even mind if it's fixed at some crazy low figure, just not changing.

It's jumpy, but buy the game because it's fucking awesome. The shitty combat makes the combat just that more RAW.

mugwhump

sp0rsk said:
It's jumpy, but buy the game because it's fucking awesome. The shitty combat makes the combat just that more RAW.
So is the combat shitty, fucking awesome, or shit-fucking awesome? I'm confused.

Sloane

Banned
So, uhm, how does this work? Do you get missions? Maybe missions that involve more than just killing a lot of people? And what's up with these stages?

nvm.

neogaf.jpg

GOD.

sprsk

Sloane said:
So, uhm, how does this work? Do you get missions? Maybe missions that involve more than just killing a lot of people? And what's up with these stages?

Yes
Yes
Yes?

ivysaur12

Banned
The framerate makes me sad, but this game looks so bad ass I don't really care.

And hey, couldn't the slow framerate make your moves look even more super cool?

maxmars

ivysaur12 said:

Personally I can't stand quirky framerate, but I couldn't understand how severe is the problem (trailers show none, for one) so I'm reserving judgement until further impressions come out.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
ivysaur12 said:

Casamassina said in their last Wii-k in Review that the two places it was wonky was in the overworld which didnt really matter cause you didnt spend much time there other than traveling from mission to mission, and then in really heavy combat. And in that instance he said that it was befitting because youre slicing off some dudes head and blood is spurting everywhere and the choppiness and slowdown almost feels natural.

So long answer short, yes slow framerate seems to make moves even more super cool.

Top Bottom