• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No more Heroes impressions (now with in depth impressions)

kizmah

In the IGN and Gametrailers vids there is some really cool and well delivered dialog. What do you think so far sp0rsk?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Matt's totally right bout the framerate during combat, it just makes things , like i said before, more raw.

Mdk7

Enduin said:
So long answer short, yes slow framerate seems to make moves even more super cool.
Sorry but i just can't undestand how can sloppy framerate > smooth framerate. :rolleyes:

Neo Child

Banned
Mdk7 said:
Sorry but i just can't undestand how can sloppy framerate > smooth framerate. :rolleyes:

It's for style.

Kinda like the ex-black and white (now saturated) Twilight moments in Twilight Princess, it's for style. Just why Wario Ware 2D > (would be) Wario Ware 3D

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Mdk7 said:

I dont know, go watch some vids on IGN and GT if you havent. From all those I havent even noticed anything remotely troublesome with the framerate. And from Casamassina's impressions those instance in combat when it slows down it does so in way that isnt detrimental to the experience but actually enhances it due to the styel of the game and how and when the slowdown occurs.

sprsk

Amir0x said:
bad framerate, wacky jappy, "raw" combat

sounds really awesome, thanks for the impressions sp0rsk.

Sweet, we finally got a "wacky jappy" in here. Good job Amir0x.

Ikael

Wow, this game sounds each time better and better. The things that I value the most seems to be great (combat) while the deffects concentrates in the parts taht I couldn-t care less (framerate, GTA game portion). However, I have some questions too:

How are the side missions (coconut collect, etc)? Repetitive? Fun? Varied enough? More of the same?

Do you have to "grind" too much in order to collect enough money for the next killer?

Is there any cool combat portion while riding your awesomestastic bike?

Does it have an interesting plot? (not necessarily as coplex as the Killer 7´s one, but I mean, interesting enough to be rewarding).

Favourite character so far? :D

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
So is the combat better than God Hand or what? That game had piss poor productin values but was more fun than DMC to me. Is NMH's as fun?

sprsk

Mr. Pointy said:
Is the slowdown during combat in NMH similar to the old 2D Samurai Shodown pause when you slashed someone?
There is some of that in there.

Vagabundo

I was hoping for some meatier impressions. But I suppose Awesome will have to do...

Meme Time: Wacky Jappy, Japan Time!!!

ezekial45

Banned
Back on IGN's Wii podcast, they mentioned that the Bureau Sylvia works for requires a finder's fee when you want to start a mission with an Assassin. Does this mean that you have to do the side missions (Coconut collecting for example) before every mission to get enough cash? Also, have seen a lot of variation between the side missions?

BTW, what would you give this game on a scale from 1-10? If you can, try to put your infatuation with the game aside and look at it for what it truly is.

Thanks for the impressions so far.

Jirotrom

Mdk7 said:
I liked it in Shadow of the Colossus, always made everything feel more epic to me... in fact I didn't even know it was slowdown until I read it on this forum.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
pj325is said:
Are they going to use the same voice acting for the US version? If so, is the VA any good?
I think it's the same voice acting, but I'm not 100% sure.

Wikipedia said:
As of October 2007, three voice actors have been confirmed to be appearing in the game:

* Robin Atkin Downes – Travis Touchdown
* Quinton Flynn – Helter Skelter/Henry
* Kari Wahlgren
Certainly qualified people.

TunaLover

I'm fine with the framerate no matter if this is locked on 30, while it still constant with no mayor dips. I'm little worried about hicups, open ambient games very often causes hicups in the animation for about 1/2 second, its because the game needs load new sections while you playing.

Jirotrom

Alaluef said:
I think it's the same voice acting, but I'm not 100% sure.

Certainly qualified people.
its the same VA for the US, the Destroyman guy I believe is the same guy that was Gary in Bully. Also the slowdown can't be any worse than what I've seen in Mass Effect (single digit fps) and I love that game.

I have not been really follwing the game ...but is this "awesome" like Dynasty Warriors or it is Awesome like a game that is actually awesome?

what game does it compare to?

Dascu

Kabuki Waq said:
I have not been really follwing the game ...but is this "awesome" like Dynasty Warriors or it is Awesome like a game that is actually awesome?

what game does it compare to?

Awesome like a game that is actually awesome.

Ranger X

TunaLover said:
I'm fine with the framerate no matter if this is locked on 30, while it still constant with no mayor dips. I'm little worried about hicups, open ambient games very often causes hicups in the animation for about 1/2 second, its because the game needs load new sections while you playing.

Actually this doesn't happen except maybe for in the city hub map. There loading screens for indoor stuff so you will never have a streaming hiccup with indoor gameplay.

Ranger X

Kabuki Waq said:
also how much waggle is used?

Just the right amount and for the right things. You use it for finishing moves and special wrestling moves. You also answer the cellphone by putting the Wii Remote to your ear.

Jammy

Banned
How long does it take for a game's framerate to get fine-tuned? I mean, this game isn't coming out for another couple months in the U.S. Why don't we see more beneficial alterations in games between their release dates around the world?

TunaLover

Ranger X said:
Actually this doesn't happen except maybe for in the city hub map. There loading screens for indoor stuff so you will never have a streaming hiccup with indoor gameplay.

Thats why I'm worried about outdoor gameplay. But the city isn't intensily poblated, so the amount of data to load shouldn't that big. Wait for SpOrks impressions about this issue :p

Ranger X

TunaLover said:
Thats why I'm worried about outdoor gameplay. But the city isn't intensily poblated, so the amount of data to load shouldn't that big. Wait for SpOrks impressions about this issue :p

I played the game inside out. I'm just being very carefull as you MIGHT encounter hiccups (realistically speaking) but i don't remember any.

Ranger X

Jammy said:
How long does it take for a game's framerate to get fine-tuned? I mean, this game isn't coming out for another couple months in the U.S. Why don't we see more beneficial alterations in games between their release dates around the world?

The FPS is optimized all through the devellopement of a game but for some devs it's more in the later parts of the process with debugging.
2 months is nothing though. Sometimes it's only that the NTSC and PAL version didn't start being produced at the same time. It can be that one version had localisation problems or needed more debugging to reach the quality of the other version. Sometimes it's hiccups in the approval process. 2 months can slip super easily because with manifacturing that can take 3-4 weeks and also approval that can eat another 3-4 week your release date might change.

Dascu

Ranger X said:
I played the game inside out. I'm just being very carefull as you MIGHT encounter hiccups (realistically speaking) but i don't remember any.
Oh, you've already finished it? General impressions? How's the story?

Ranger X

Dascu said:
Oh, you've already finished it? General impressions? How's the story?

I didn't finish it yet, just been working on the US version. But i have enough hours under the belt to tell you this game is awesome. My general impression is that it's another great third party game that adresses us hardcore gamers directly. The humor is excellent and the characters are top notch. The story is simple yet effective and fits the humor style. The main character is awesome -- a fucking geek that really thinks he's hot.

I wouldn't miss this game if i were you and i think it's alot better than Killer 7. There is also the perfect amount of fucked up and random stuff within the game, it's not over the top bizarre. The bosses are completely awesome. One last thing i would say is how i love the combat. It's straight forward and simple. Alot simpler than Ninja Gaidens and God of Wars out there yet so effective, so fun.

Top Bottom