• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes - Screenshots and artwork

Why isn't this guy doing art design for every game?

no-more-heroes-20061204053858596.jpg

There are some old stuff from the scans, but a whole load of new pics aswell. It's looking pretty good so far. But I expect the textures to improve considerably by release since the game is only 35% done so they still have a long way to go yet. Actually, I doubt that it's gonna make its Summer 07 release. Probably late 07 at the earliest.

EternalDarko said:
There are some old stuff from the scans, but a whole load of new pics aswell. It's looking pretty good so far. But I expect the textures to improve considerably by release since the game is only 35% done so they still have a long way to go yet. Actually, I doubt that it's gonna make its Summer 07 release. Probably late 07 at the earliest.
Yeah, textures definitely need a bump-up, and something seems off about the lighting. I don't know. It's a shame it doesn't more closely resemble the trailer. Art and style is great, just work on that engine guys.

Amakusa

I have to say, that art looks damn good. Like a mix of the chick from the anime clip of Kill Bill and Spike from Cowboy Bebop.

Haunted

Amakusa said:
I have to say, that art looks damn good. Like a mix of the chick from the anime clip of Kill Bill and Spike from Cowboy Bebop.

agreed, it's always that art style and design that sticks out in Suda's games. Hopefully the gameplay (and the technical side as well) follow suit.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
medrew said:
Are those screenshots captured from video? I hope so :(

I must know who that deliciously busty chick in your avatar is.

Mmmmm, Mmmmmmmmmmmm bitch!

etiolate

Banned
The character art and backgrounds don't really match. The areas look like GTA and the characters are like Killer 7.

Krowley

Haunted_One said:
agreed, it's always that art style and design that sticks out in Suda's games. Hopefully the gameplay (and the technical side as well) follow suit.

The details released so far and the fact that it's a free roam game makes me somewhat optimistic that the gameplay will match the art.

The wii needs a game like this. It's good to see one being developed so early in the systems lifetime.

Amir0x

Banned
etiolate said:
The character art and backgrounds don't really match. The areas look like GTA and the characters are like Killer 7.

I'm hoping that this is because the game originally started as a PS2 title. That would explain the PS2-level hideousness... as the game is 35% complete, there's definitely time to pull it up to a bit beyond that level. Hopefully :p

Durante

I absolutely adore the artwork for this. It's one of the few non-nintendo games I really look forward to on the Wii.

That makes the horrendous image quality of the screenshots all the more painful. Composite cables here I come.

ivysaur12

Banned
The art is amazing.

The actual graphics, well... it's only 35% complete, and I believe it was originally a current gen product. I imagine that it's going to look very good at the end.

Scenester

Reilly said:
Who's doing the soundtrack?

I think it looks great.

I would assume it would be Masafumi Takada as he did the music for Grasshopper's last two games, Killer 7 and Contact. Although that is an assumption.

Mashing

I just have to chime in and say that I love the art as well. Very well drawn. Hopefully it translates to the game well.

TreIII

Mashing said:
I just have to chime in and say that I love the art as well. Very well drawn. Hopefully it translates to the game well.

Likewise. I'm just hoping that this will be a game with a good deal of "meat" on its bones. Loved K7, but for it being basically being a throw back to the likes of LightGun games and stuff like Snatcher, it didn't really have much that either left me wanting to replay it again and again, nor be more or less "satisfied" with the experience I got.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
This is what I mean when I keep saying dev's are going to have to really goto town on art design when it comes to making the most out of the little Wii.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Really looking forward to this. Killer7 with more freedom can't really go wrong.

Backgrounds could maybe do with looking more stylised, but as it's early I'm sure it's going to change/improve a lot anyway.

Scenester

Dolphin said:
Voice acting better be improved though, in the video it was very painful to listen to.

Are you f***ing kidding? The acting is soooooo good. I really hope they use the same voice talent as the trailer

Amir0x said:
I'm hoping that this is because the game originally started as a PS2 title. That would explain the PS2-level hideousness... as the game is 35% complete, there's definitely time to pull it up to a bit beyond that level. Hopefully :p
Wasn't Suda doing a PS2 game at one point? Did that come out? I mean, besides Killer7 of course.

Amir0x

Banned
AndoCalrissian said:
Wasn't Suda doing a PS2 game at one point? Did that come out? I mean, besides Killer7 of course.

Yeah, they did the Blood+ game. Also some other game I can't remember the name of. From all accounts it's reaaally shitty, art style aside.

Amir0x said:
Yeah, they did the Blood+ game. Also some other game I can't remember the name of. From all accounts it's reaaally shitty, art style aside.
Yeah, I couldn't remember what it was called. Well, let's just hope that he doles out higher resolution and better textures all around.

akachan ningen said:
Why isn't this guy doing art design for every game?

no-more-heroes-20061204053858596.jpg

Half police officer... half school girl... half ninja... half 70's African American female action star....

****ing genius, seriously.

Vaporak

This is one of the Wii games I'm interested in, but damn do those graphics look like a terrible early PS2 level mess.

Durante said:
I absolutely adore the artwork for this. It's one of the few non-nintendo games I really look forward to on the Wii.

That makes the horrendous image quality of the screenshots all the more painful. Composite cables here I come.

huh?

jett

D-Member
The scans sure hid a lot of the graphics' shortcomings. :p Still looks nice, hopefully it'll be improved greatly by the time its released.

SreyB

The environments look similar too GTA, but I would say the character models look a lot better than a GTA game.

Top Bottom