• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again revealed (Switch, UE4)

Scoops

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch_2MBzfmXY

PR:

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes from Suda51 and Grasshopper Manufacture: Seven years have passed since the events of No More Heroes, and The Bad is determined to exact his revenge on Travis Touchdown. Just like the original cult classic, players will have to battle through multiple punk-rock levels and defeat over-the-top bosses. Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch in 2018. More details about the game will be revealed in the future.

IGN Article:

NO MORE HEROES: TRAVIS STRIKES AGAIN OFFICIALLY REVEALED FOR NINTENDO SWITCH

Share. Travis Touchdown returns.

BY JONATHON DORNBUSH After teasing the project earlier this year, Nintendo and Suda51 have officially revealed No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again, coming to the Nintendo Switch exclusively in 2018.

Unveiled as part of today's Switch Nindies Showcase, Travis Strikes Again features the No More Heroes star being confronted in his trailer by TKTK, only to be pulled into the game he was playing — Hotline Miami.

A partnership between developer Grasshopper Manufacture and various indie developers will delve into six different games and beat their respective bosses.

Suda51 teased Travis' return — as wel las the game's subtitle — during the Switch reveal event earlier this year.

The original No More Heroes debuted in Japan a decade ago and in other territories in 2008. IGN gave the original game a 7.8 at the time, saying the action game had "one of the most stylistic and unique games in years." No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle came to the Wii in 2010.

Stay tuned to IGN for all of the reveals from today's Nindies Showcase.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08...ntendo-switch?abthid=59a6f41857d5e5763000000e

HOLD ME GAF

Artwork:

alf717

That was worth watching the Nindies show alone. Wonder if it plays like the first two games or mixes things up.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow - what a way to finish that strong event.
Travis back and it runs on UE4 - sweet.

Hero

The concept is interesting... so no classic NMH gameplay?

Or will it be classic NMH gameplay and the worlds will be 3D recreations of the other indie games?

Kind of...cool? I guess? Was kind of rope-a-doped there thinking this was NMH3, but it seems to be a smaller indie game megamix collaboration. Could still be good for what it is though.

EDIT: The UE4 part makes it even more confusing. Really need more info before I get excited.

jmizzal

Its back baby, No More Heroes i'm so happy and wasnt expecting it at the Indie showcase

I did expect to see it around TGS, a lot of people didnt expect to see anything this year after Suda 51 came out at the Switch reveal

Thoraxes

Premise is awesome, and showing Hotline Miami in the trailer is an amazing first world to mention haha. I knew the music the second I heard it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I have a feeling this isn't the game people want it to be.

kulapik

The concept is interesting... so no classic NMH gameplay?

Or will it be classic NMH gameplay and the worlds will be 3D recreations of the other indie games?

That might be it, actually? It said it had a collaboration with indie devs, so maybe it's that way

Top Bottom