• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again revealed (Switch, UE4)

Im leaning towards it having NMH gameplay in the worlds of said indy titles they collaborate with. Its not like they are getting each develop to help with each "games" gameplay. That would e really unrealistic to pull off.

Bane

It's a new Suda game so yay but, it's hard to get super excited when we still have no idea what the game actually is. I don't think it's safe to assume it's NMH in different worlds.

Regiruler

That might be it, actually? It said it had a collaboration with indie devs, so maybe it's that way

That would probably be the best way for it to be a full budget game while at the same time making sense as to why it was shown here (via the indie tie ins).

Coming 2018!
THAT'S the best thing to take away here!

My hands are still shaking!

Why would they need Unreal 4 if it was just minigames lmao people.

Also this, seriously.

I don't know what people were looking at, but that game on the screen in the trailer was Hotline Miami. It was basically a cameo.

jwillenn

So, let me try to get this straight. This is going to play/work like a No More Heroes game, but they are using these other Indie games as THEMES for the stages? Sounds exciting if so.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So either the levels are gonna be BASED on those indie games with No More Heroes gameplay or you're gonna play those indie games but with Travis Touchdown as the character.

The later is gonna disappoint a lot of people, I fear.

LordKano

So either the levels are gonna be BASED on those indie games with No More Heroes gameplay or you're gonna play those indie games but with Travis Touchdown as the character.

The former. It's an UE4 game.

Chessr

I am so happy.
My most wanted game since NMH2
Back in the Wii days Suda51 Expressed interest in a New nmh game on next Nintendo console. But Wii u never got so hyyyyyyyype

Rran

Yeah, not sure if this is NMH3 or what... looks pretty different, unsure as to whether there will be the standard NMH combat. If it's not, I hope this game isn't what Suda51 was going on about during the Switch reveal :O

Trago

Likely the former.

Regiruler

They're hyping it up way too much if it's the latter (and they're not the full indie games).

Jawmuncher

Nice to see. looks like even as an "indie" it'll end up being a full-fledged NMH game.

Now i'm hoping this is a case like bayonetta and Travis makes his way to Smash

fernoca

So, let me try to get this straight. This is going to play/work like a No More Heroes game, but they are using these other Indie games as THEMES for the stages? Sounds exciting if so.
Yeah.
The summary says you have to beat 6 bosses from 6 games. With Hotline Miami confirmed as one.

Dascu

Im leaning towards it having NMH gameplay in the worlds of said indy titles they collaborate with. Its not like they are getting each develop to help with each "games" gameplay. That would e really unrealistic to pull off.

I think this is the logical assumption, but hey, people like going crazy instead.

kulapik

I think it's the former. What Suda said at the Switch Presentation seemed to hint towards this as well.

M3d10n

The later, of course. They'll totally pay 5% to Epic Games for UE4 just to re-create 2D games like Hotline Miami with a Travis sprite.

FFS people.

Cardon

Not digging the new voice of Travis. Really hoping that's placeholder, but I guess this may be another unfortunate case of a game being affected by the current SAG vo strike.

Trago

Yo, what other indie studios are they collaborating with? I want an Inside world, a Shovel Knight world, and a bunch others. Really looking forward to what we get.

Top Bottom