• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again revealed (Switch, UE4)

From PR:
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes from Suda51 and Grasshopper Manufacture: Seven years have passed since the events of No More Heroes, and The Bad is determined to exact his revenge on Travis Touchdown. Just like the original cult classic, players will have to battle through multiple punk-rock levels and defeat over-the-top bosses. Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch in 2018. More details about the game will be revealed in the future.

Doesn't sound like mini games to me
Hey..... I'm happy now.

It looks like this doesn't connect in any way to 2, which is for the better. I'd rather in my head Canon pretend 2 never happened.

Dascu

Well you know what i mean, is it an indie game or a full NMH game like the previous two?

Well I don't know who the publisher is, so it might be technically an indie game.

I think everything points to this being NMH but with stages and bosses inspired by some indie games, rather than some kind of mini-game compilation or whatever people are freaking out about here.

We'll have more info soon anyway.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Great news, even better is the 2018 date. The Suda appearance at the Switch reveal presentation made it seem that the game was still in the concept phase.

From PR:
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes from Suda51 and Grasshopper Manufacture: Seven years have passed since the events of No More Heroes, and The Bad is determined to exact his revenge on Travis Touchdown. Just like the original cult classic, players will have to battle through multiple punk-rock levels and defeat over-the-top bosses. Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch in 2018. More details about the game will be revealed in the future.

Quoting again for people still thinking this is a minigame collection

Kouriozan

From PR:

Never thought it would be minigames only but I guess Damon just confused some people.

Well you know what i mean, is it an indie game or a full NMH game like the previous two?

No I don't know what you mean. NMH was never a big budget series and "indie game" hasn't meant anything since Minecraft came out. This looks to be a Grasshopper/Devolver effort, so I guess it would be an "indie game."

knkng

Ah, so it's like a regular NMH game? That's awesome! (I was still super excited even if it was the other way around, lol)

Like Suda said before NMH2 released Travis' story is finished. I agree that the end of 2 was a good completion to his arc so I'm okay with them going wacky spinoff for this game.

Suda 51 09/22/09 said:
"I want to continue the 'No More Heroes' series, but I've finished the story for Travis," he said. "It's completely finished in 'No More Heroes 2.' So I want to think of a different story -- a different character, or something like that within the series -- starting on the next Nintendo platform."
http://www.mtv.com/news/2459912/suda51-wants-next-no-more-heroes-game-to-be-for-wii-2/

It's what he wanted to do almost a decade ago.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
No I don't know what you mean. NMH was never a big budget series and "indie game" hasn't meant anything since Minecraft came out. This looks to be a Grasshopper/Devolver effort, so I guess it would be an "indie game."

I think marvelous is publishing

Hero

The villain in the trailer is Bad Girl's father who is seeking revenge for his daughter.

Also, that font is pretty close to Stranger Things, isn't it?

Sadist

The villain in the trailer is Bad Girl's father who is seeking revenge for his daughter.

Also, that font is pretty close to Stranger Things, isn't it?
The way I'm reading it, it'll be a No More Heroes game, but instead of 2D sidejob games we'll get some other stuff. That's cool. The 2D segments in NMH 2 were awesome.

And was an absolute fucking blast! Roll on 2018!
Damn straight.

jmizzal

From PR:

Thank you, people getting worried over nothing

Also go to this link to see the mini games from NMH 2

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=no+more+heroes+2+mini+games+

Those will prob be versions of the Indie game partners this time

Wonder if Bad Papa will be a boss like Skelter Helter was.

Watching the trailer was awesome though, I recognized the music before anything else.

AHHHHHH!!! PRAISE BE TO SUDA-GOD

images%2Farticle%2F2016%2F12%2F22%2Fveins.gif

I just realized this trailer spoiled the ending of the first two game.

But I always forgot to buy them anyway so I guess its sort on me.

I want to fight Ballos and the Undead Core.

Plum

Guys lets stop worrying and start posting our hopes and dreams for what the other 5 indie games might be:

- Shovel Knight
- Binding of Isaac/Super Meat Boy
- Serious Sam
- Superhot
- The Witness (lol)

From PR:

Update the thread OP with this info.

Oreiller

No More Heroes and Hotline Miami should mesh up fantastically together. I wonder if they can find other indie games that would fit Suda 51 so well.

I just realized this trailer spoiled the ending of the first two game.

But I always forgot to buy them anyway so I guess its sort on me.

I want to fight Ballos and the Undead Core.

Um what no it didn't other than main character not dying. Maybe if you played them you would know.

Vlaphor

I won't be able to watch the trailer until later, but I got a quick question. Does this trailer have any Sylvia or Shinobu in it?

Top Bottom