• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Porsche in Forza 4, "EA couldn’t see their way towards collaborating again"

Truespeed

[Xbox 360] Fans shouldn’t have to think about any of this – you should just be able to drive Porsches and Ferraris in the [Xbox 360] games you love.

Well, at least we know who to blame for the lack of Ferrari's in NFS HP.

Dead Man said:
I'm running with the theory that both companies are shit. It seems to be pretty accurate.

Hopefully you're referring to Ferrari and Porsche. I don't really blame EA or MS for their actions. They paid for the licenses so they can do whatever they want with them. Ferrari and Porsche are the two selling their licenses when no other manufacturers are doing that bullshit anymore.

Dead Man

SolidSnakex said:
Hopefully you're referring to Ferrari and Porsche. I don't really blame EA or MS for their actions. They paid for the licenses so they can do whatever they want with them. Ferrari and Porsche are the two selling their licenses when no other manufacturers are doing that bullshit anymore.
Actually I guess all four are shit. If you aren't upset with companies exploiting licenses they own in a way they feel sees them the most benefit, I don't see how you can upset at other companies for selling those licenses in a way they feel sees them the most benefit.

I guess you could blame all of them, but I put the majority of the blame on Ferrari and Porsche. I just find it a lot more annoying that they're still doing something that other manufacturers have stopped doing. They're really out on their own with exclusive licensing of their entire brand.

Iknos

Metalmurphy said:
You don't know that, and that's irrelevant to the point of who owns which license, which was what inky was disputing.

Actually the only thing we don't is that "EA has to pay more money" which is something you said was correct.

So where is this information about EA having to pay more money?

I'm saying he's wrong until I see that evidence.

Dead Man said:
Actually I guess all four are shit.

That's what I think. Why even go for an exclusive license?

Let your game sell on its own merits.

Momo

Banned
These blanket licensing agreements are bad for all racing game fans, regardless of which games you prefer.

What a clusterfuck.

Dead Man

SolidSnakex said:
I guess you could blame all of them, but I put the majority of the blame on Ferrari and Porsche. I just find it a lot more annoying that they're still doing something that other manufacturers have stopped doing. They're really out on their own with exclusive licensing of their entire brand.
I hate the NFL and EA for their licensing shit too, so I better be consistent. Also WWE, F1, probably more I can't think of right now.

Wax Free Vanilla said:
screenshot_189772_thumb_wide940.jpg

screenshot_189769_thumb_wide940.jpg

Oh shit, it's alive:

On the Ferrari game, expect some interesting news very soon.
http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1442492&postcount=2195

Have EA cut a deal for a Ferrari license with someone or has the game changed publisher?

Shaneus said:
This was posted over in the Forza 4 thread. Haven't watched the trailer (it's about the Porsche in NFS: Run, if you don't want to click) but the comments and reaction (check the dislikes) are amazing.
[]http://i.imgur.com/00US0.png[/]

Probably not bumpworthy, but good to see the reaction is universal.

Sad to see people only believe Turn10 side of the situation, despite claims from developers (not EA) stating otherwise.

Metalmurphy said:
Sad to see people only believe Turn10 side of the situation, despite claims from developers (not EA) stating otherwise.

The only counter to T10's perspective is the guy who made Shift and what about their account provides you with more weight? Other games have actually had Ferraris in them, whereas no game besides the Forzas have ever featured Porsche.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm going to shoot an e-mail to the Operation Rainfall guys and see if we can organize a campaign to get EA, Turn 10, Porsche North America, and Ferrari North America in perfect license-sharing harmony. I just need a catchy name for it.

Operation Snap Throttle Oversteer?
Operation Supercar?

I need suggestions...

aperman

Neo Member
twinturbo2 said:
I'm going to shoot an e-mail to the Operation Rainfall guys and see if we can organize a campaign to get EA, Turn 10, Porsche North America, and Ferrari North America in perfect license-sharing harmony. I just need a catchy name for it.

Operation Supercar?

I need suggestions...

Operation Neutral Acquisition of Various Manufacturers' Automobiles.

Shaneus

twinturbo2 said:

Operation Supercar?

I need suggestions...
Operation "The RUF is on Fire!"

U n i o n 0015 said:
The only counter to T10's perspective is the guy who made Shift and what about their account provides you with more weight? Other games have actually had Ferraris in them, whereas no game besides the Forzas have ever featured Porsche.

Microsoft didn't allow for the Italia to be on TDU2 360. Microsoft didn't allow for Ferrari and Supercar Challenge to be on 360. You have the testimony from that Shift developer. I'd say all that provides more weight then "EA couldn't see their way towards collaborating again" which, by it self, explains nothing.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
That sucks, Operation Rainfall said no, it's outside their area of expertise. I guess they don't want to collaborate on something that has a better chance of getting results.

Wev, it's still too good an idea to let die. I'll do it on my own, if that's what it takes.... but I'd like some help from you guys.

Top Bottom