• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No THQ booth at E3 2012

MRORANGE

E3 In general this year:

J8iKX.gif

I'd say most developers just can't be bothered.
"You'll get ports and you'll like it."

It would just be strange since the first console released each gen usually receives upgraded ports. We saw that with the Dreamcast and most recently with the 360. You could tell that they were created on hardware from the last generation, but they still did things to make them stand out.

mr_toa

Their press centres used to be pretty neat also; good ambiance and the developer teams they bring on-site knows how to get the message across.

jett

D-Member
people still pretend inSANE is a real thing? :p

With THQ's current status I'm concerned for Devil's Third. I hope Itagaki and his team have options there in case THQ goes under.

I have a friend who just took a job with THQ a few weeks ago. I didn't want to come out and say, "Uhhh aren't they like in major trouble?" as he had been without a job for months.

Should I be worried about him?

If the hammer falls and THQ collapses, all I want is for Volition and the Saints Row IP to be bought by the same company.

Sort of like how WB picked up Mortal Kombat and the MK team after Midway fell apart. I want the same people to keep making those games, no matter what happens to THQ.

It's especially a waste of money when you pay for strippers to wash anyone's car, for free to advertise a game.

THQ's booth last year was ridiculous, it should have been half the size with half the props and sans any car wash.

Foffy

Banned
It's especially a waste of money when you pay for strippers to wash anyone's car, for free to advertise a game.

THQ's booth last year was ridiculous, it should have been half the size with half the props and sans any car wash.

Well now there's no size. :3c

Reallink

Smart move, E3 is a grossly overpriced excess. THQ's upcoming titles are going to sell on quality, reviews, and word of mouth--not a multi-million dollar booth. Gives me a bit of confidence in a management turn around to good old fashioned common sense, wish I had picked up some stock back at 40¢.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
people still pretend inSANE is a real thing? :p

Volition just completely overhauled their website yesterday, and inSANE is still featured prominently on there as one of their upcoming games. *shrug*

But the free parking was awesome.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Good. Darksiders 2 will be out a month later for them. There's nothing new they could show of that except maybe how it looks on WiiU. I don't think E3 is really that important for them revealing stuff.

You also forgot the Warhammer Dark Millennium, EatChildren. Unless they renamed if after making it Single Player.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Sad that it sounds like they can't afford their own booth.

We'll be sure to see them with a first party or three, though.

Jhriad

THQ :(

If things finally fall apart over there I hope the talented studios get picked up and can continue developing their respective brands.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Wii U launch would bring some more attention perhaps.

Would be smarter to launch it for a huge install base before no one in the base would buy it because it's coming out around the same time as many other big hitters. The only way they should put it out at the same time as the WiiU is if Nintendo offered to help pay for marketing.

Mooreberg

This year is still lagging behind last year for "we're not going to be at E3" announcements. Makes me wonder if Bungie will finally be showing off their new game.

BurntPork

Banned
Well, that's certainly disappointing. Not even a framerate boost? If the Wii U is packing more power than the current systems, then it would be disappointing if developers ignored that and went with straight ports.

If the game is optimized, a more stable framerate should come naturally. Wii U might not be powerful enough to boost <=30FPS current-gen games to 60FPS though, especially when using 3D graphics on the controller.

DS2, HF2 and some other bits should be enough to make Nintendo give them 15 minutes of their conference, it can slot between the video package of family's smiling while pretending to play the Wii U and the half hour of graphs showing just how well Nintendo are doing.

No way Nintendo is devoting that much time to one 3rd party studio. The conference is likely to be an hour long. That's 25% of their conference on two games that nobody is really drooling over.

CFMOORE!

I have a friend who just took a job with THQ a few weeks ago. I didn't want to come out and say, "Uhhh aren't they like in major trouble?" as he had been without a job for months.

Should I be worried about him?

what position did he take? i don't see why he'd have to worry, the company knows the position it is in, they wouldn't hire people if they planned to fold shortly.

i am still pushing for these guys to make it. i need darksiders 2 badly and the other stuff they have i am mildly interested in. mainly i don't want to see a good company go down in such a fashion.

Yes! I was so happy when I heard this. I use to work at this place and it always made me cringe when I walked by their booth. Bad memories man. More space for others!

Don't they usually have a big presence with the WWE games at E3, or is that all promotional jargon?
Yeah that was one of their bigger games that they showed. They always made a big deal about them and brought WWE wrestlers (they aren't "superstars" to me damnit!) with them to help hype it up at the booth.

It'll be a bit weird to not see The Miz's yearly appearance to job on stage.

Top Bottom