• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA Club Nintendo Gold And Platinum Prizes Revealed, And You're Not Gonna Like it...

You guys are crazy, I would take a free game over some half-way decent crafted calendar or playing cards that I don't really use.

Game and Wario for me, I have friends coming for a week from out of town so this should be perfect to try with them.

Pikma

Banned
Yep, I think it'll be what I end up using my Plat reward for. It's the biggest ticket item I don't already have. If I was picking up DKCR 3D for the first time I'd be friggin' *elated* but this is still a neat reward. Anyway, glad to hear it's the good kind of dumb. That's what I always strive for in my own humor, anyway!
UPDATE:

Miiverse Sketch mode and 9-Volt's minigame are fucking awesome! you're in for a treat (if you ignore almost all of the other minigames)!

georly

UPDATE:

Miiverse Sketch mode and 9-Volt's minigame are fucking awesome! you're in for a treat (if you ignore almost all of the other minigames)!

Yeah, sketch mode alone justified the game for me. We had a blast playing it last night.

Hale-XF11

Went ahead and grabbed Fluidity. Looks like a fun little game. I definitely prefer digital gifts over physical ones, so I'm grateful for the freebie.

What the hell happens if someone doesn't have a Wii U or 3DS?! Are they just screwed? Wii and DS games are still redeemable and its not out of the question that there are people who still only have Wii/DS.

Ludovico

It took me longer to input codes and fill out game surveys than it did for Nintendo to implement their club rewards this year, and that's the major problem here.

Do I expect to be paid for supplying consumer data (actually detailed, because I take the surveys seriously) on a consistent basis for Nintendo?
Absolutely not.

Do I expect for my voice to actually be heard and considered by the company?
You better believe it.

But yet again, Nintendo leads the pack in being so out of touch with the most loyal part of their fanbase. Sure, I picked up a free copy of DK3DS, but a couple years from now, what would I remember more fondly - a digital voucher, or some cool, unique swag that I can show off or display?

Zubz

Banned
What the hell happens if someone doesn't have a Wii U or 3DS?! Are they just screwed? Wii and DS games are still redeemable and its not out of the question that there are people who still only have Wii/DS.

Didn't even think about that, but as cynical as it sounds, I'm not surprised to find more wrong with this year's rewards.

goomba stomper

Neo Member
I have a DKCR 3D code, if anyone was looking to grab that as their reward could you grab Game & Wario and we could swap codes? DKCR doesn't fit on my SD card and I really don't feel like grabbing a new one.

Thanks

iphys

I guess they really want to give the code hoarders that haven't kept up with buying current Nintendo games the shaft or entice them to upgrade to use these game codes, which is probably fair to expect that anyone that achieved elite status should have bought a 3DS or Wii U by now or should be thinking about it. I guess it would be kind of unkind to the people that got suckered into buying that new Wii Mini piece of junk and bought up a bunch of Wii games for it though.

So I averaged the ratings on the Canadian eShop, and this is how we rated the platinum choices:

Earthbound 4.73
DK Country Returns 3D 4.47
Mario & DK 4.33
NES Remix 4.31
Dillon's Rolling Western 4.28
Dr. Luigi 4.19
Fluidity Spin Cycle 4.14
Game & Wario 3.75

It's interesting that Earthbound showed as 5 stars, and everything else was 4.5 stars, except Game & Wario at 4.0 stars, so I guess when something is 4.5 stars that actually means it's 4.01-4.50 stars rather than 4.25-4.74. No wonder almost everything on the eShop appears to be so highly rated.

Evenflow

UPDATE:

Hey could you or anyone else by chance check the actual installed size of wario? Its usually less than what is shown on the eshop page, thanks!

inner-G

Banned
Sad.

Ended up with a game I didn't want, just because I'd get the most DDP credit for it. Already had the ones I really wanted,

I'm not sure that existing VC titles are proper 'gifts' for hardcore fans that probably already own them.

Help me, GAF!
I either want:
Game & Wario
NES Remix
Dr. Luigi

I've been wanting to get G&W for a while now but then I read that it's boring and not fun. BUT G&W would also give me 300 points for the DDP. NES Remix and Dr. Luigi look cool to. WHAT DO

iphys

Help me, GAF!
I either want:
Game & Wario
NES Remix
Dr. Luigi

I've been wanting to get G&W for a while now but then I read that it's boring and not fun. BUT G&W would also give me 300 points for the DDP. NES Remix and Dr. Luigi look cool to. WHAT DO

NES Remix will still get you half as many points, which is a pretty marginal difference, but it will probably be twice as much fun, which is probably more important.

Help me, GAF!
I either want:
Game & Wario
NES Remix
Dr. Luigi

I picked Game & Wario and I had a lot more fun with it than I expected but I haven't played much of it yet. NES Remix is great though. I would probably pick that one if I didn't already have it. I haven't tried Dr Luigi but the dr Mario wii ware game was awesome too. If you're close to getting a voucher from the DDP I'd get G&W and use the voucher to get one of the other games cheaper.

I'm torn between Earthbound and NES Remix. I already have the seemingly superior NES Remix 2.

Earthbound!

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
I honestly don't understand the issue. Is it like...bad to get free games or something?

No, it's bad that Club Nintendo is slowly backing away from being a place where you could get cool merchandise unavailable anywhere else.

Would anyone be interested in giving me a $20 Xbox Live money code for their game of choice? I'm platinum level.

Not even sure if this allowed or not. Only game I really want is Earthbound, and it'd be a shame to spend this code on it when I can get it so cheap.

aEku

just be happy, we in europe have nothing like that except the star catalogue..

we got no way to get free downloadable games except at some special promotions.

Alchemy

Sad.

Ended up with a game I didn't want, just because I'd get the most DDP credit for it. Already had the ones I really wanted,

I'm not sure that existing VC titles are proper 'gifts' for hardcore fans that probably already own them.

Same deal here.

iphys

just be happy, we in europe have nothing like that except the star catalogue..

Star Catalogue beats any NA exclusive items we can get anymore. It's like the year your parents forgot your birthday, so they just pull out some cash or regift you some junk like you're not worth any thought. It's like thinking you're in a loving relationship, and then getting handed some cash like you got confused for a prostitute or something. Just giving us stuff we can buy on the eShop and takes no effort on their part feels really cheap in a certain way.

jholmes

It's actually 3201 MB. Just installed it now. Not really 3.9 GB as eshop stated.

I think the game requires you to have 3.9 GB to download it, but once it installs it only takes up 3 GB. I was just over when I tried to get Guacamelee, but when I deleted some other stuff and downloaded it, it was much smaller than the posted file size. Or maybe Nintendo's just awful at guessing. I dunno.

Ok, so... I only have a 3DS and I have gold status.
I've narrowed it down to Super Mario Land 2 or Wario Land 2.
I just don't know which is the better game? SML2 looks more like a classic Mario and I've never been a fan of Wario at all... but then I see that Wario has some color to it and I can't mike up my mind because playing gameboy games in those 4 grey tones isn't exactly easy on the eyes. :p

Anyone care to help me figure this out? :D

zruben

Banned
It's actually 3201 MB. Just installed it now. Not really 3.9 GB as eshop stated.

I think the game requires you to have 3.9 GB to download it, but once it installs it only takes up 3 GB. I was just over when I tried to get Guacamelee, but when I deleted some other stuff and downloaded it, it was much smaller than the posted file size. Or maybe Nintendo's just awful at guessing. I dunno.

oh, thanks for the clarification, I didn't know that the games ended up being in a different size once installed.

Nairume

Banned
I just don't know which is the better game? SML2 looks more like a classic Mario and I've never been a fan of Wario at all... but then I see that Wario has some color to it and I can't mike up my mind because playing gameboy games in those 4 grey tones isn't exactly easy on the eyes. :p

If you want a traditional mario experience, then, yeah, go with Mario 2.

Wario 2 fuses in more puzzle and exploration elements.

iphys

I'd go for Wario Land 2 just for the fact it's colour. I never liked SML2: doesn't feel like classic Mario the way SML did, and it feels so incredibly slow to move probably because they were worried about streaking on the original pea soup screen.

Elija2

SML2 is closer to classic Mario than SML1 but it's still a pretty strange game. It's better than SML1 but still not as good as any of the other 2D Mario games. Also the game is pretty easy except for the last level which is actually quite hard.

Have you ever played a Wario Land game before? They're actually pretty underrated. If you have played a Wario Land game before and didn't like it then I guess you should probably go for SML2. Otherwise, I think you should definitely get Wario Land 2.

Top Bottom