• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA reveals line-up for Nintendo DS/3DS [Dates, Trailers, Delays, Announcements]

Kifimbo

Who really thought Castlevania: Mirror of Fate was a 2012 title ? It will be launch with Lords of Shadow 2, and this game was always a 2013 title.

ugh, i still have lots to play in this year, but I was looking forward to playing luigi's mansion in fall. It seems like a game in which fall/q4 could have really added to the feel and mood of playing the game, but alas.

trinest

So if these are the dates for America, they will be much worse for Europe and Australia. Guess theres nothing I want for 3DS this year then. Might pick up Layton.

Effect

From that list looks like Code of Princess and Castlevania will be my only 3DS purchases as this year ends. Some games (Epic Mickey, Harvest Moon)Paper Mario) I'm not crazy about and might grab used or when they go on sale in 2013. Nothing really grabs me or looks at that interesting. Shame Luigi's Mansion got pushed back but oh well.

We know already that FE is coming early 2013 so it shouldn't be expected on that list.

So far Pokemon B/W2, Layton and Epic Mickey: PoI are on my to buy list.

Santiako

Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward Oct. 23
Code of Princess Oct. 9
Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?! Fall
Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion Nov. 18
New Super Mario Bros. 2 Aug. 19
Paper Mario: Sticker Star Nov. 11
Imagine Babyz Oct. 23
Scribblenauts Unlimited Holiday
Unchained Blades Summer
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Oct. 28)

How is this dull or lacking? o_o

What's wrong with Luigi's Mansion that requires all these delays? Next Level games absolutely nailed the Mario Soccer titles and Punch-Out!! Why's this one so tough to crack?

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward Oct. 23
Code of Princess Oct. 9
Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?! Fall
Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion Nov. 18
New Super Mario Bros. 2 Aug. 19
Paper Mario: Sticker Star Nov. 11
Imagine Babyz Oct. 23

Scribblenauts Unlimited Holiday
Unchained Blades Summer
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Oct. 28)

How is this dull or lacking? o_o

Almost had me there.

suaveric

Pushing Luigi to the spring must mean it's looking very dry then. Maybe I shouldn't be spending extra money on the XL.

Fluidity better have a standard control option this time.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand where this weak line up stuff is coming from ... How can you expect every game to release this Holiday?

RX40N.jpg

dem shaderz

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
NSMB, Layton, Paper Mario, Scribblenauts, Epic Mickey ( and Castlevania: it was slated for 2012) + Niche titles like Code of Princess, Virtue's Last Reward and others.
...Why is it considered lacking. O_O

Foshy

With a weak lineup like this for an entire year, I guess both handhelds deserve to fail. WTF are Sony and Nintendo doing?
I don't know, I think Vita's line-up for the end of the year is looking really good. And the 3DS's is not exactly pathetic either.

Gintoki

Paper Mario is the only game I'm interested in from the games being released this year. Damn.. its been so long since it was announced.

zroid

Banned
K, with Harvest Moon confirmed for this year, you can delay all that other shit all you want :D

Some cool eShop stuff there as well. Fluidity sequel!

What's wrong with Luigi's Mansion that requires all these delays? Next Level games absolutely nailed the Mario Soccer titles and Punch-Out!! Why's this one so tough to crack?

It's possible that development is coming along fine, and that Nintendo just pushed it into 2013 to help avoid a repeat of the software droughts that plagued 3DS for most of this year.

Maybe.

It's for the better. The 3DS version is crap compared to the others.

Eh, based on the demo, it's at least a serviceable enough port if you want a portable version and don't own a Vita.

That's damning with faint praise, but I didn't notice any real playability issues, anyway.

BD1

Banned
It should also be mentioned that Fire Emblem is presumably ready to go and is being held back for 2013. With Luigi's Mansion slipping, I would have hoped they would move Awakening up into Q4.

Its the crown jewel of their new DLC strategy, after all.
And I really want to play it!

Lineup's okay, but man the 1st half of 2013 is looking killer right now. Fire Emblem 11, Luigi's Mansion 2 AND Animal Crossing 2, plus we'll probably start seeing the deluge of JRPG localizations then and into summer (Soul Hackers, Etrian Odyssey IV, Rune Factory 4, Bravely Default, Little Battlers eXperience, etc).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
NSMB, Layton, Paper Mario, Scribblenauts, Epic Mickey ( and Castlevania: it was slated for 2012) + Niche titles like Code of Princess, Virtue's Last Reward and others.
...Why is it considered lacking. O_O

'Insatiable fanbase'

jjzhtQYoS4Q7u.png

Mpl90

It's possible that development is coming along fine, and that Nintendo just pushed it into 2013 to help avoid a repeat of the software droughts that plagued 3DS for most of this year.

Maybe.

This is maybe the reason for Animal Crossing in 2013 here too.

beje

Banned
So if these are the dates for America, they will be much worse for Europe and Australia. Guess theres nothing I want for 3DS this year then. Might pick up Layton.

It might be a bit better here, at least regarding first party, as Freakyforms and New Art Academy were already released last week. That means that either Animal Crossing (which is still dated in Japan for "Fall"), Luigi's Mansion or Fire Emblem might slip through, being Fire Emblem the most likely of the bunch as it's just a localisation.

Heropon

It might be a bit better here, at least regarding first party, as Freakyforms and New Art Academy were already released last week. That means that either Animal Crossing (which is still dated in Japan for "Fall"), Luigi's Mansion or Fire Emblem might slip through, being Fire Emblem the most likely of the bunch as it's just a localisation.

Maybe they think Layton and Paper Mario are enough.

vall03

Lineup's okay, but man the 1st half of 2013 is looking killer right now. Fire Emblem 11, Luigi's Mansion 2 AND Animal Crossing 2, plus we'll probably start seeing the deluge of JRPG localizations then and into summer (Soul Hackers, Etrian Odyssey IV, Rune Factory 4, Bravely Default, Little Battlers eXperience, etc).

when you put it that way, 3DS would have an awesome start next year.

This year will turn out to be decent overall though.
For example from this year I have/will be getting:

Kid Icarus
New Art Academy
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Resident Evil: Revelations
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure
Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Considering there's also Kingdom Hearts, Epic Mickey, Virtue's Last Reward and eShop stuff I don't have many complaints.

Pikma

Banned
Does that means that Next-Level is having some kind of problem with Luigi's Mansion development? how good were E3 impressions? I'm completely interested in it, but I'm too into media blackouts to know anything about this. :(

Pathetic line-up?
It's a partial list, and it does include great software (Layton, Paper Mario, Epic Mickey, Code of Princess, Virtue's Last Reward, Adventure Time, NSMB2, Art Academy, Scribblenauts).

We all knew Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing would have been 2013 titles, why surprised?

robjoh

Maybe.

I hope so because I really want them to make another Mario Soccer game...

Mpl90

Does that means that Next-Level is having some kind of problem with Luigi's Mansion development? how good were E3 impressions? I'm completely interested in it, but I'm too into media blackouts to know anything about this. :(

E3 2011 showed a build with some problems, all corrected in E3 2012. So, if the first delay was due to some technical refinements, this one is not for those. Probably, just trying to not overmilk Mario's brand.

EktorPR

I've only read/seen good impressions on it, so development should be going fine. I'd guess is more of a business decision, like a poster said above.

Top Bottom